Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Liverpool Match Thread

Considering that Liverpool have won all but 1 game this season, a 0-0 draw would arguably be a more impressive result than the 3-2 win against Man City. 

Well in a season of defensive mistakes and frailty, we played very well in that half. Fair play to Hanley in particular.

• Like 3

Just now, All the Germans said:

Which time?! Generally playing well, but if he was cooler with the ball...

Right at the end when we were in a great attacking position. Sloppy pass that led to quick counter ending in a corner

Think we’ve been excellent so far. Playing the best team in the world and not looking out of place. Defensive effort needed but that was to be expected and largely we’ve stifled them. Hanley and Zimbo been fantastic. 

Buendia to come on as super sub and bag a hat trick?

One great chance for us. A bit of indecision there unfortunately.

I expect I will see more action my end in the second half.😀

1 minute ago, kick it off said:

Hanley and Zimbo been fantastic. 

Agreed. I've been a critic of Hanley for a while but he's proving me wrong. Played very well since he came back into the team.

6 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Think we’ve been excellent so far. Playing the best team in the world and not looking out of place. Defensive effort needed but that was to be expected and largely we’ve stifled them. Hanley and Zimbo been fantastic. 

Buendia to come on as super sub and bag a hat trick?

This is a game where midfielders will be working so hard, plus the conditions make it a bigger load. So, I'm hoping Emi gets a decent 20 minutes (and NOT when we are chasing the game... hopefully).

if we hold on till the hour mark, Farke needs to look at introducing Buendia / Hernandez and Vrancic. As outstanding as a point would be, we have to try and go for the win if an opportunity is presented. Plus we can't expect to hold out for another 45 mins, Liverpool will get through eventually. Time for Farke to show some courage. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

if we hold on till the hour mark, Farke needs to look at introducing Buendia / Hernandez and Vrancic. As outstanding as a point would be, we have to try and go for the win if an opportunity is presented. Plus we can't expect to hold out for another 45 mins, Liverpool will get through eventually. Time for Farke to show some courage. 

While Hernandez has flashes of impressive play, he doesn’t have the all round game. We’d be weaker if he came on. It’s 50/50 whether we’d get magic Mario or half-asleep Mario.

Emi on the other hand...

Massive surprise that Liverpool have made subs before us. Who'd have expected that?😐

Just now, Kanadyan Kanary said:

Time for Emi to come on. They are finding it far too easy in possession at the moment and we need to give them something else to think about.  Emi for Rupp.

Yes, time to mix it up.

OTBC

1 minute ago, Kanadyan Kanary said:

Time for Emi to come on. They are finding it far too easy in possession at the moment and we need to give them something else to think about.  Emi for Rupp.

100% agree

Need to change it, we won’t continue to soak up this pressure. We’ve given them nothing to worry about this half

• Like 1