Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Liverpool Match Thread

NORWICH (4-2-3-1): Krul; Aarons, Zimmermann, Hanley (C), Byram; Tettey, McLean; Rupp, Duda, Cantwell; Pukki. Subs: Fahrmann (GK), Godfrey, Lewis, Vrancic, Buendia, Hernandez, Drmic 

LIVERPOOL (4-3-3): Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, van Dijk, Robertson; Henderson (C), Keita, Wijnaldum; Salah, Firmino, Oxlade-Chamberlain. Subs: Adrian (GK), Lovren, Milner, Fabinho, Lallana, Mane, Origi 

REFEREE: Stuart Attwell 

VAR: Paul Tierney

Surprised by this team. It would appear that we are going for a more defensive lineup (Emi on the bench), but I would have thought Godfrey for McLean would have been a better option.

2 minutes ago, Kanadyan Kanary said:

Surprised by this team. It would appear that we are going for a more defensive lineup (Emi on the bench), but I would have thought Godfrey for McLean would have been a better option.

Godfrey for McLean.. care to elaborate why? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Norfolk Dan said:

Because despite what both our manager and the player himself says, people seem to think they know better and Godfrey should be played in midfield...

• Like 1

Just now, Norfolk Dan said:

Because he has gone for a defensive line-up and Kenny has proven to be a bit lightweight in that department.

3 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Because despite what both our manager and the player himself says, people seem to think they know better and Godfrey should be played in midfield...

I thought that might well be the reason.... 

When I see Buendia, Vrancic and Hernandez on the bench, It frustrates the hell out of me. Farke isn't picking the strongest side available to him. Tettey, Mclean and Cantwell are a notch down IMO. 

8 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Shocked that Emi is not starting. He is the one player in the side who could get into the Liverpool team.

Same here, maybe he hasn’t been training well or has a knock. 

Edited by Van wink

Incredibly disappointed that Emi  is on the bench. Wrong decision imo 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JF said:

Incredibly disappointed that Emi  is on the bench. Wrong decision imo 

Me too JF. He would give something for Liverpool to worry about rather than us always being on the back foot. Best player in our team when he is ticking plus he so often feeds Teemu

• Like 1

Whilst Emi is our best player in my opinion, he is too likely to throw a strop, roll around on the floor or just give up chasing back when we lose it. Whilst annoying against most teams, it is offset by his attacking ability, against Liverpool, I can understand Farke not starting him, as they are likely to be attacking us... a lot.

Edited by All the Germans

Whilst Emi is our best player in my opinion, he is too likely to throw a strop, roll around on the floor or just give up chasing back when we lose it. Whilst annoying against most teams, it is offset by his attacking ability, against Liverpool, I can understand Farke not starting him, as they are likely to be attacking us... a lot.

Sorry mate that is an opinion. Fact is Emi is our leading tackler according to the stats

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Sorry mate that is an opinion. Fact is Emi is our leading tackler according to the stats

Isn't everything everyone writes on here an opinion? Also, how exactly does the stats recognise the times that he doesn't track back; I assume you've noticed that? This is not an attack on him, I just think we cannot afford a strop, to give Salah / Mane / Ox / Firminho a free run at our full back and he is a risk in that respect.

The disappointment for me that EMI isn’t in is two fold. Obviously the creativity but against Liverpool his work rate, battling and tackling will be needed. As I’ve said it’s very much the wrong decision to leave him out imo

20 minutes ago, Kanadyan Kanary said:

Because he has gone for a defensive line-up and Kenny has proven to be a bit lightweight in that department.

f

Edited by Jools

That’s a little surprising with that, could be the right call but if Liverpool score a quick goal this line up doesn’t look like one to get us back into the game. 

26 minutes ago, Kanadyan Kanary said:

Exactly how many times has Ben played in midfield for us?

Today is not the day to see if he can cut it in the PL in that position.

• Like 1

Isn't everything everyone writes on here an opinion? Also, how exactly does the stats recognise the times that he doesn't track back; I assume you've noticed that? This is not an attack on him, I just think we cannot afford a strop, to give Salah / Mane / Ox / Firminho a free run at our full back and he is a risk in that respect.

Yes, some things you post are true but surely all the positives outweigh all that?

4 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Exactly how many times has Ben played in midfield for us?

Today is not the day to see if he can cut it in the PL in that position.

When did I say midfield?  I like three at the back for this game because the two centre backs we have our slow and will probably need cover.  Just an opinion.

Understand why DF wants the more defensive Rupp instead of Emi against the runaway leaders. I've always wondered how Emi would do in the number 10 role, he always ends up there even from starting off the wing

Just now, Kanadyan Kanary said:

When did I say midfield?  I like three at the back for this game because the two centre backs we have our slow and will probably need cover.  Just an opinion.

Fair enough. But you did say Ben for Kenny without that clarification.

Good start - we look comfortable in possession.  Liverpool look dangerous down the right side and have played 3 or 4 long balls into the right wing area for Salah or Alexander Arnold. We certainly seem up for it with lots of energy in the early stages.