Sign in to follow this  
Ramrod

It's a Free Hit!

Today's game against the most dominant side in world football is a free hit for a Norwich side odds on for relegation. There is no expectation, although some attempts have been made in comparing it to the Man City game. 

But there is a pressure for our players and pressure can be a positive thing. 

There is a pressure to play football true to ourselves which we did at Anfield and that leads to the next pressure which is to cut out silly mistakes and not contribute to the opposition's game. 

We need to carry on our style and character into next season and even more importantly into the FA Cup as it is a style capable of winning against anyone 'on the day.' 

The weather will not help us. Liverpool play more long and direct balls than us so that is in their favour. But Farke will have a plan. 

No one is laughing at Norwich City or calling us rubbish because we play the game with flair and within our finances and even though we have lost many times those games have entertained. 

It isn't in my nature not to want Norwich to win. I was gutted after that famous 3-5 game and confused at the praise because we lost having come back to 3-3. But today the gulf is huge, football is distorted and head says one thing but heart another. 

So I'm trying to approach this game with managed expectations: suppressing fantasy and hoping for some moments to feel proud. 

Personally I feel the wind may do us a favour. All things considered, with near perfect conditions they would simply play us off the park with their dominance this season, so here's to a bit of wind an rain to level things up a bit.

• Like 1