Sign in to follow this  
Norwich City Fans Social Club

Our Next Event - Thurs March 12th - Class of 93

Class-of-93-web-poster-800x450.jpg

Everybody loves a bit of nostalgia, particularly when that revolves around their beloved football club. In 1993, Norwich City embarked on a European tour and painted the UEFA Cup yellow and green.

From Jeremy Goss’ iconic volley against Bayern Munich to watching the Canaries play at the San Siro, City’s European adventure still lives long in the memory. As John Motson’s voice provided the underscore for the famous victory in Germany, City made history by becoming the first English team ever to win at the Olympic Stadium.

On Thursday, March 12, we are reliving the run through the eyes of some of those closest to it. City legends Jeremy Goss, Rob Newman and Ruel Fox will join host Darren Eadie to tell their tales and lift the lid on the epic cup run.

Goss was a major protagonist during the run, netting in both legs as City conquered the German giants. His sweetly struck volley is regarded as one of the most famous goals in the club’s history. The Welshman also scored in the second-leg at Carrow Road to ensure City’s progression to the third round.

Newman and Fox were integral part of Mike Walker’s squad throughout the run, featuring consistently during the European adventure. Eadie’s career was just beginning and he made his senior debut against Vitesse Arnhem 1993.

Entry fee is £3 for adults, £1 for under-16s and there’s the usual raffle for the CSF. It’s set to be an incredible night with some insightful and untold stories from the era so get down to Carrow Road on Thursday March 12th, it starts at 7:30pm and it’s taking place in the Top of the Terrace.

We have no membership or fees at the Norwich City Fans Social Club, as our motto says, “You don’t join, you just join in!”

Probably also a good time to update you on our quiz night which we held last Wednesday, we had 40 teams including several from ncfc, 15 raffle prizes and 6 auction prizes.

In total on the night we raised £3582  for our friends at the Community Sports Foundation which we know will make a big difference to them.

Just a reminder that they still need more money to complete the next phase of the Nest,  Eddie does a great job on here in raising money for them with the pups help, we will keep doing our bit, if there's anything any of you can do it will be appreciated. 

If anyone has any memorabilia that they'd like to donate to us to auction, please get in touch with me. We've already had quite a few donated bits from people on here, thank you,  but would love some more for next season.

Diane ( on behalf of ncfsc volunteers)

Edited by Diane

I've changed it just for you Lapps and no its not all old ladies like me 🤣

We range from 19 to 60's 5 men & 5 women 😀 all  volunteers are listed on our website which is completely  up-to-date  😀

Edited by Diane

Little reminder for this event. Will be a great evening for all Norwich fans young and old, some great guests with some interesting stories I am sure. 

7 hours ago, lincsy88 said:

Little reminder for this event. Will be a great evening for all Norwich fans young and old, some great guests with some interesting stories I am sure. 

I have an interesting ( funny ) story regarding Ruel from my days in the Police.

18 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I have an interesting ( funny ) story regarding Ruel from my days in the Police.

I will make a point of introducing you to Ruel on the night so you can share it 😀

3 hours ago, Diane said:

I will make a point of introducing you to Ruel on the night so you can share it 😀

Look forward to it Diane. It goes back to the time when Dave Stringer was manager.

Only £3 for pinkun posters plus £2 for your raffle tickets so a good night out for a fiver 😀

Also when you come to events you're helping us raise money for CSF 

Dropped to page 3 so just a gentle Bump ! Have you ever been a page 3 girl Diane ? 😂

Edited by TIL 1010

14 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Dropped to page 3 so just a gentle Bump ! Have you ever been a page 3 girl Diane ? 😂

In my day of course 🤣🤣

Tilly's been on page 3. Actually some of him overlapped on page 2.....

The event's next Thursday and I can't wait.🙃

• Haha 1

We've had a great response on social media to this event so aim to get there for 7pm if you want a good seat.

Really pleased that we've managed to get Gossy, Newman, Ruel, Eadie to this one and think it will be an interesting night.

We will have some memorabilia on sale on the night to raise cash for the CSF. Beryl Blower ( Roy's wife ) has very kindly donated to us some of the 2002 centenary ncfc  pottery mugs that were in Roy's collection plus some sporting books plus we have some Holty & Hucks autobiographies which have  also been donated to us to add to the colection.

Here's a picture of one of the mugs we have to give you an idea of what they look like, but they are all very different. If anyone on here is interested in one Im sure Eddie could pick you one out  on the night and you could pay him by paypal.

Big thanks to Tilly who helped us with securing these donations & for  picking them up, much appreciated.

ncfc mugs.jpg

Edit - Thats the back of the mug Im told lol, will put a picture of the front up when I get it from the person who is storing them for me, which will be Monday

Edited by Diane

Diane that is the reverse side of the mugs which were a limited edition produced by Gt Yarmouth Pottery . The front has both Delia and the first club Chairman on it together with 100th anniversary 2002.

Here's the front of our mug , think these will be snapped up quickly by our ncfc collectors

Hope to see lots of you on the 12th, you pinkun posters never let us down

front of mug.jpg

3 hours ago, Diane said:

Here's the front of our mug , think these will be snapped up quickly by our ncfc collectors

Hope to see lots of you on the 12th, you pinkun posters never let us down

front of mug.jpg

Does a 12" square cut of the carpet also come with the mug?......

On 07/03/2020 at 14:03, Mello Yello said:

Does a 12" square cut of the carpet also come with the mug?......

Nope no carpet 🤣

Please to say our 4 guests have all re confirmed this week so shouldn't be any changes to our guest list.

Should be a great night 😀 and only £3 for you pinkun posters!

Considering the day the country has had regarding where we are at with coronavirus amazed that yet again you had more than 100 at one of your functions Diane.

It was a brilliant evening.

Darren Eadie, Ruel Fox, Jerry Goss and Rob Newman were great value and told some interesting and funny stories.

On 10/03/2020 at 13:05, Diane said:

Should be a great night 😀 and only £3 for you pinkun posters!

So that's £3 x 2,713 for Waveney  then as surely one pays by username?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Considering the day the country has had regarding where we are at with coronavirus amazed that yet again you had more than 100 at one of your functions Diane.

Really pleased with the attendance in the circumstances. Those 16 centenary mugs and half of the books Roy's wife kindly donated were sold too so really pleased with that too, thanks for your help Tilly. 

Our 4 guests  Foxy, Eadie, Newman, Gossy were great value, some great stories from the 93 cup run.

Had some great feedback last night and today

Thanks to those who supported us