Sign in to follow this  
The Priest

This from a watford fan!

Part of a huge preview for this weeks game

Part of the issue at Norwich this season has been the slightly questionable way in which Nigel Worthington has added to his squad since the summer. The most generous assessment is that he has recruited players who know what the division is all about. Perhaps more realistically Worthington''s signings, predominantly defensive midfielders for some reason, are uninspiring plodders who don''t sit comfortably with the mental image of an established Premiership side in the making - in Norfolk or anywhere else

Find it here

http://www.bsad.org/0506/reports/norwich/aptext.html

with Marc Edworthy and Thomas Helveg having both departed in the summer right back seems to be a bit of an issue; Matthieu Louis-Jean, never a stand-out player in Forest''s relegated side, constitutes perhaps the oddest of Worthington''s signings.

Andy Hughes, never very popular at Reading and not overwhelming the fans of his new club yet.

You can find out so much on the web its untrue!!

uninspiring plodders!!

Does this guy work for watford?   He seems to have ooddles of background info on our club that is unerringly accurate - there is very little to argue about in there.   Surely he cant have that much knowledge about every side they are about to face?

I had not picked up that we cant win without Safri either - the sooner Morrocco get knocked out the better. 

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Does this guy work for watford?   He seems to have ooddles of background info on our club that is unerringly accurate - there is very little to argue about in there.   Surely he cant have that much knowledge about every side they are about to face?

I had not picked up that we cant win without Safri either - the sooner Morrocco get knocked out the better. 

[/quote]

I think he just trawled the message boards and asked NCFC fan friends.  It doesnt take long and you can find out a hell of a lot about players and squads with a couple of hours spent looking though heavily used message boards.

In about 15 minutes I came up with all that junk about Hughes and Etuhu.  2 minutes to ask what position Mcsheffrey played and how much they thought he was worth on the coventry rivals site.  Left winger and striker, 15 goal a season man worth between 750,000 and 1 million.  A good player well liked by the fans.

having read the article, this watford fans looks wised up and  most of what he said rang true -  delia and co and worthy should have a look and judge for themselves.having watched the delighful football wigan played versus leeds away from home, it made me long for a city side who could match it.  I imagine worthy will play a defensive 4-3-3 at elland rd, becuase we''d have a hard job matching them 4-2-2.   says it all really.

i''ve read this board before and it''s very good and not a little

infamous recently following run ins with the football league over

publication of fixture lists. craziness - apparently they''re

copyrighted or something and only official sites can use them or they

must be paid for.

they''re clearly a bit more chirpy than usual, as is to be expected.

they should remember who they owe a lot of their recent success to

though with boothroyd and malky the architects of much of it! 

they obviously fancy their chances. fair enought, but i hope we stuff

''em and put them back in their place!!

James 66,

A fantastic thread made interesting reading, The fact is I think all the teams now know that we are a average hard working team (When they feel like it) with Crap worthy signings in. At the start of the season every team was coming here and putting ten men in the box. They are''nt anymore they all come and have a go. The fact that Doherty gets Man of the match when we concede 3 in a half etc... says it all. Worthington is dragging the quality of the team and the morale of the fans in the club to a unbelievable low. Me and My mate were in fits of tears when Worthy came on the radio and said that he was still hoping to gain the services of Etuhu after the preston game. The man is insane!

The Watford thread says it all people are laughing at us and our managers signings! I hope he does''nt get any more money as he has wasted loads already. The new manager will have a hard task clearing out all these Crap signings, who will be quite happy to see out there contracts in the reserves. I would like us to hang on to Ashton till the end of the season and then Worthy can have no gripes when he fails and is sacked. The new manger will at least then have a few bob to bring in some decent players!

Cheers James sums it up Plodders!!!!

P.s Paul Rankin I like the way you are using it in every thread. Some people amaze me on here at least you can see it!!!

[quote user="Ian Farrow"]

James 66,

A fantastic thread made interesting reading, The fact is I think all the teams now know that we are a average hard working team (When they feel like it) with Crap worthy signings in. At the start of the season every team was coming here and putting ten men in the box. They are''nt anymore they all come and have a go. The fact that Doherty gets Man of the match when we concede 3 in a half etc... says it all. Worthington is dragging the quality of the team and the morale of the fans in the club to a unbelievable low. Me and My mate were in fits of tears when Worthy came on the radio and said that he was still hoping to gain the services of Etuhu after the preston game. The man is insane!

The Watford thread says it all people are laughing at us and our managers signings! I hope he does''nt get any more money as he has wasted loads already. The new manager will have a hard task clearing out all these Crap signings, who will be quite happy to see out there contracts in the reserves. I would like us to hang on to Ashton till the end of the season and then Worthy can have no gripes when he fails and is sacked. The new manger will at least then have a few bob to bring in some decent players!

Cheers James sums it up Plodders!!!!

P.s Paul Rankin I like the way you are using it in every thread. Some people amaze me on here at least you can see it!!!

[/quote]

the thing is though, even with the poor signings, I stll believe we have a squad good enough to at least make the play-offs, with a more creative signing in the summer and a right winger we would have been walking this division. it is kind of just so annoying. the problem is if we dont make it this year, it becomes ever so much harder to do it next year without say ashton and McVeigh, you risk someone like jerome just being a marlon king and worry if worthy is to spend available moneys. He seems to have signed players that are no better than the ones he was previously getting when he had very little cash

as for the etuhu on the radio, me and a friend just could not beleive it!!, listening in the car after the match where he had rounded off an unimpressive loan spell with his worst match!! lets just hope he comes good...

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

with Marc Edworthy and Thomas Helveg having both departed in the summer right back seems to be a bit of an issue; Matthieu Louis-Jean, never a stand-out player in Forest''s relegated side, constitutes perhaps the oddest of Worthington''s signings.

Andy Hughes, never very popular at Reading and not overwhelming the fans of his new club yet.

uninspiring plodders!!

[/quote]

Paul - what happened to your sig line "Sack Worthy now before we do a Forest", or some such? Have you realised that we aren''t going to do a Forest? You shouldn''t be so strident about everything - you just end up having to back-track.

Re Watford - are they a supremely skilful side? If so, what''s Malky doing there? He''s a plodder, if ever there was one. Sorry, but it''s true - he made Fleming look like Cafu.

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="Paul Rankin"]

uninspiring plodders!!

[/quote]

Paul - what happened to your sig line "Sack Worthy now before we do a Forest", or some such? Have you realised that we aren''t going to do a Forest? You shouldn''t be so strident about everything - you just end up having to back-track.

Re Watford - are they a supremely skilful side? If so, what''s Malky doing there? He''s a plodder, if ever there was one. Sorry, but it''s true - he made Fleming look like Cafu.

[/quote]

actually oldboy, untill thorne got injured against crewe and worthy was forced to play McVeigh thats exactly where we were heading....

No watford are not a great side, however they just have a GOOD manager doing a GREAT job with the resources available, not something i can say about norwich at the moment im afraid

You can hardly say Boothroyd is "...a great manager.." given he''s only been there for half a season. If they are in the play-offs at the end of the season, fair play to the guy, but the only reason why Watford are up there is because everyone else is so inconsistent. I''m sure by the end of the season, the results will pan out, and the clubs you would expect to occupy the top 6, will.

(i optimistically include us in that)

The problem with Paul is that he has taken such a ridiculous stance that it''s hard for him to find any credible evidence to back up his claims.

He''s therefore having to shift his arguments about all over the place. Worthington should be sacked instantly, now he should stay and be judged at the end of the season.

He posts up -

" even with the poor signings, I still believe we have a squad good enough to at least make the play-offs, with a more creative signing in the summer and a right winger we would have been walking this division. "

So without these signings we should be making the playoffs. It is January, check any January and see if the playoff places are decided then or in May.

The places are decided on the accumulated points over 46 games not a running average of around half the games.

Conveniently he fails to tell us who assembled this squad that is ''good enough''.

I said good manager (perhaps even that is too soon i will admit) doing a great job - which to all intents and purposes he is at the moment - watford being one of the pre-seaon favoroite''s for relegation. he sold the clubs best player and brought in his own players on the cheap they now have a decent first 11, although i dont think they have the strength in depth being broke n all

The only reason watford are up there is because they are managing to pick up decent results, i mean they did us in....