Sign in to follow this  
pete

Millwall to increase capacity

You have to ask why, not many sell outs at the Den if any.  Remember the curse of the new stand Wolves in the past and Stevenage this season rooted to bottom of league relegation to follow.

Now Norwich they really need to. 

It’s so they can host bigger crowds than their hated rivals West Ham next year when they both play in the Championship. 

I noticed that Sheff.Utd had plans to extend to over 40k even before promotion. This is a club that hardly ever sold out whilst gaining promotion last season and their first game (v. Palace) there seemed to be plenty of spare seats. I never will understand the logic. Maybe it's the simplistic logic some City fans use- that areas with bigger populations have bigger potential, conveniently forgetting that areas with bigger populations have many more clubs competing for the same pool of people?

20 minutes ago, Mr.Carrow said:

I noticed that Sheff.Utd had plans to extend to over 40k even before promotion. This is a club that hardly ever sold out whilst gaining promotion last season and their first game (v. Palace) there seemed to be plenty of spare seats. I never will understand the logic. Maybe it's the simplistic logic some City fans use- that areas with bigger populations have bigger potential, conveniently forgetting that areas with bigger populations have many more clubs competing for the same pool of people?

We didn't very often used to sell out in the the Prem when our capacity was 21000.

5 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

We didn't very often used to sell out in the the Prem when our capacity was 21000.

That’s when I first started attending as a child.

we really need to expand in my opinion.  As great as seeing CR sold out is we are currently losing out on opportunities to get the fans of the future in and grow the support long term. 

It’s going to happen and if it’s as you’ve mooted in past topics that that could be what the money is being put aside for I won’t argue with that.

Edited by Hillhead