Sign in to follow this  
Chumino

Hanley chosen....

By Stuntpegg on her latest yt vlog as our contribution, to being massively overpaid at £25k pw. Not sure of her source. 

She's been pretty complimentary about our fans, club, style in past and been accurate too in picking out our best. 

Edited by Chumino
Correction

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Same as for Stiepermamn. £25k is not being "massively overpaid"

Yes, it is. But  not compared to some footy players. That doesn't stop it being an obscene amount of money for kicking the pigs bladder around. 

1 hour ago, Chumino said:

Oops. How do i delete one of these threads? 

I wouldn't,  I'd start a few more identical posts as an experiment and see where they go. I reckon we'd see, depending on how many you launched, in order of likelihood:

1. How crap Hanley is
  2. A pile-on on LDC after he says something that would go unremarked if anyone else posted it
  3. Who gets paid what in our squad, and someone would drag up that terrible site that said something like Todd gets about £500 a month while Byram is getting £75K
  4. Self-appointed forum police posting links to other identical threads 😳
  5. How overpaid footballers are and how it is ruining the game, ending up in another European Super League discussion
  6. A Delia out thread
  7. At least one thread with repeated attempts at trolling by Midlands and/or Waveney
  8. A huge argument with TVB
  9. The rest would wither and die

What have I missed? 

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I wouldn't,  I'd start a few more identical posts as an experiment and see where they go. I reckon we'd see, depending on how many you launched, in order of likelihood:

1. How crap Hanley is
  2. A pile-on on LDC after he says something that would go unremarked if anyone else posted it
  3. Who gets paid what in our squad, and someone would drag up that terrible site that said something like Todd gets about £500 a month while Byram is getting £75K
  5. How overpaid footballers are and how it is ruining the game, ending up in another European Super League discussion
  6. A Delia out thread
  7. At least one thread with repeated attempts at trolling by Midlands and/or Waveney

What have I missed? 

Good grief Nuff, you've absolutely nailed it. Every single damn point.

You've won the forum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Good grief Nuff, you've absolutely nailed it. Every single damn point.

You've won the forum.

Thanks, but I really think I've missed loads. For one, a thread where someone slags off an ex-player (RVW, Snoddy, Russ...) and half the forum try to persuade the other half that they're not deluded and whoever it was was an under-appreciated genius.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

slags off an ex-player

Don't forget Jarvis - he stole a living from this club for years, the sick note, made of glass, can't believe he got a professional contract when we knew his injury record... etc

• Haha 1

If Hanley was to be trousering this much.  Would he have given him new 4 year contract so soon after joining from Newcastle surely would have delayed until GH proved to be worth the dosh.  If true new contract was just foolish but was in the urinating up the wall times.   

2 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

1. How crap Hanley is
  6. A Delia out thread

What have I missed? 

Nephew Tom.

As far as I am aware , his only crime so far is to be Delia's Nephew but the poor lad gets a right slagging on here. It'd be just effing brilliant if he proved to be an exciting and accomplished owner carrying on his Aunties good work by taking our new approach to ever higher levels. 

Great post nonetheless  Nuffo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Half Ar5ed Hipster said:

Don't forget Jarvis - he stole a living from this club for years, the sick note, made of glass, can't believe he got a professional contract when we knew his injury record... etc

He didn't have an injury record, I don't know where this drivel keeps coming from.

He'd consistently played an average of over 30 games a season from 04/05 all the way to 13/14. He got a hamstring injury for the start of 14/15, but was used sparingly after he returned despite being fit, and then suffered a twisted knee the season after (again, early on) putting him out for the season.

So in 12 years, he was only badly injured for 1 season, unfavoured for chunks of another, and played regularly in all the rest.

That's not made of glass or injury prone ffs.

39 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

He didn't have an injury record, I don't know where this drivel keeps coming from.

He'd consistently played an average of over 30 games a season from 04/05 all the way to 13/14. He got a hamstring injury for the start of 14/15, but was used sparingly after he returned despite being fit, and then suffered a twisted knee the season after (again, early on) putting him out for the season.

So in 12 years, he was only badly injured for 1 season, unfavoured for chunks of another, and played regularly in all the rest.

That’s not quite right though as Jarvis only played 97 games in 7 seasons for West Ham and Norwich. So in four season at West Ham he made 78 appearances and 19 in nearly three seasons for us. So in the last 7 seasons he has missed something in the region of 168 games through injury or recovering from injury.

Edited by Indy

5 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

1. How crap Hanley is
  6. A Delia out thread

What have I missed? 

OK Nuff 1, aimed at me........never said Hanley was crap, but not the best of our four first choice defenders, that said he’s done ok the last few games. Saturday will be a test, but good on him for stepping up and doing very well.

The rest 👍😂

1 hour ago, Indy said:

That’s not quite right though as Jarvis only played 97 games in 7 seasons for West Ham and Norwich. So in four season at West Ham he made 78 appearances and 19 in nearly three seasons for us. So in the last 7 seasons he has missed something in the region of 168 games through injury or recovering from injury.

Sorry dude, but his time with us is not relevant to the suggestion that he was injury prone before we signed him, and even at WH, it was only 1 season that injury kept him sidelined.

12/13 - 32 PL games for WH

13/14 - 32 PL games for WH

14/15 - 11 PL games for WH (Hamstring injury/Out of favour)

15/16 - 3 PL games for WH (Knee Injury for season)

Almost all seasons before this all the way to 04/05 average at 30 games or more a season.

That's NOT injury prone.

10 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Hughton out!

I think you'll find on here his name Is Houghton, just like his Ireland colleague Ray

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

I think you'll find on here his name Is Houghton, just like his Ireland colleague Ray

I thought they were brothers.

13 hours ago, Indy_Bones said:

IB I was being sarcastic, see 'Nuff Said's Forum Bingo posts a few comments back... 🙂

16 hours ago, Indy_Bones said:

Sorry dude, but his time with us is not relevant to the suggestion that he was injury prone before we signed him, and even at WH, it was only 1 season that injury kept him sidelined.

12/13 - 32 PL games for WH

13/14 - 32 PL games for WH

14/15 - 11 PL games for WH (Hamstring injury/Out of favour)

15/16 - 3 PL games for WH (Knee Injury for season)

Almost all seasons before this all the way to 04/05 average at 30 games or more a season.

That's NOT injury prone.

Well the last seven years certainly doesn’t back up your point, additionally I believe he played large parts of his previous games in championship which has a minimum of 46 games a season, so even then he’s missed an average of a third of those games.

But we certainly agree to disagree, he came to us with an injury, we were forced to sign him permanently due to other loans we were after at the time.

Whatever the reason he certainly was a sick note for us.

7 hours ago, Half Ar5ed Hipster said:

IB I was being sarcastic, see 'Nuff Said's Forum Bingo posts a few comments back... 🙂

Ah, apols, didn't realise!

2 hours ago, Indy said:

Well the last seven years certainly doesn’t back up your point, additionally I believe he played large parts of his previous games in championship which has a minimum of 46 games a season, so even then he’s missed an average of a third of those games.

But we certainly agree to disagree, he came to us with an injury, we were forced to sign him permanently due to other loans we were after at the time.

Whatever the reason he certainly was a sick note for us.

Again, WTF do the last 7 years have to do with his injury record WHEN WE SIGNED HIM???

League Games per season:

04/05 - 30 games

05/06 - 35 games

06/07 - 35 games

07/08 - 26 games

08/09 - 28 games

09/10 - 34 games

10/11 - 37 games

11/12 - 37 games

12/13 - 32 games

13/14 - 32 games

14/15 - 11 games

So, as said, an average of 30+ games per season BEFORE we signed him. Yes, he was injured when we did, but to suggest he was constantly crocked before then is nonsense, and not proven by the data either.

1 hour ago, Indy_Bones said:

Again, WTF do the last 7 years have to do with his injury record WHEN WE SIGNED HIM???

League Games per season:

04/05 - 30 games

05/06 - 35 games

06/07 - 35 games

07/08 - 26 games

08/09 - 28 games

09/10 - 34 games

10/11 - 37 games

11/12 - 37 games

12/13 - 32 games

13/14 - 32 games

14/15 - 11 games

So, as said, an average of 30+ games per season BEFORE we signed him. Yes, he was injured when we did, but to suggest he was constantly crocked before then is nonsense, and not proven by the data either.

Ok if you think so! Not for me matey, most those seasons before west ham was at lower leagues meaning average of 46 league games per season......if you think so great but for me he was fragile before we bought hi and a total waste of money, should have sent him back to West Ham and never signed him.

Edited by Indy

If you believe that being injury prone is either an innate quality or a quality that can be acquired after a major injury (such as the one that kept him out for a season) then his record since we signed him does give a clue as to whether or not he was injury prone when we signed him.

Whether or not a medical practitioner could or should have detected his susceptibility to injury I doubt anyone on here could assess, but I bet some will try

Kind of going back to the OP, I thought Hanley was great tonight. Godfrey has to work hard to get back in, and IMHO it’s Zimbo who’s the more vulnerable of the two.

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Like 1

I hope Hanley is our highest paid centre half as clearly, at this moment in time ( not in 3 years time ) he is our best centre half.

38 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Kind of gong back to the OP, I thought Hanley was great tonight. Godfrey has to work hard to get back in, and IMHO it’s Zimbo who’s the more vulnerable of the two.

Zim has been the odd man out for a month.