Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Possible postponement

55 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Everyone has a block button (I’ve been tempted to use it myself) or naughty posters can be reported to the headmaster. In essence let’s try to rise above messages that get ones goat and just concentrate on the bigger issues. 

Like love island. Or breakfast.  

39 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Well it's not too bad here  in w Cork, a bit blowy, occasional heavy showers. Have been into town and was safe enough on roads though not many at the farmers market at 10. Local fixtures called off here. Cork city v Shelbourne went ahead last night though....and stadium hold 8000 max, so no protection from wind. The forecasted extreme wind and rain for this morning  didnt materialise. Fingers crossed it's  the  same  over east.👍

When the GAA are postponing games you know it's time to batten down the hatches.

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

When the GAA are postponing games you know it's time to batten down the hatches.

👍 for some reason , round here they dont say postponed, they say cancelled until.....

Always makes me chuckle.

2 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

The Southampton game has just kicked off and the forecast there is for wind gusts touching 70mph and torrential rain, much worse than forecast for Norwich

Good news,,keep em crossed.

21 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Yes, I understand that Dennis has been credited with an assist.

Always knew he'd come good!

It'll definitely go ahead. They always look at worst-case-scenario modelling when assessing these things, and Liverpool fans will already be halfway here. Game on!

41 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Yes, I understand that Dennis has been credited with an assist.

Surely VAR should have disallowed it !!!

2 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

The KL game has been called off but then nearly all the Nation League/National League North games have been called off. Only one league game called off because of a waterlogged pitch (Tranmere).

Really don’t understand this, I live about 6 miles from Prenton Park, there have been a few games called off there recently but there hasn’t been much rain. If the pitch is waterlogged it’s because of poor drainage.

Edited by Mr Angry

100% heavy rain forecasted for Plymouth with 70 mph winds later on, and the game is going ahead (for now) against Crew.

Suspect we will be okay.

One of our garden tables has just gone flying across the decking and up the side of the house here in Redruth. And the rain is going sideways. It is heading your way but may well be less bad tempered as it travels over land.

Tell Ricardo not to use his bike or it will be more like spinning!

Time for Krul to score from a goal kick - big swirly wind and straight in. We are due some good fortune!

Truth is the wind / storm is a leveller. All to play for.