Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Possible postponement

8 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

I have been on a plane which has landed near side on due to extreme wind, and I can tell you it is an incredible amount of fun haha

I don't think you mean it, - my first thought when I saw this was thank heavens I wasn't on that one. 🙂

Ideal scenario: all other matches postponed, it's blowing a gale, pitch is like an 1980s FA cup replay at Accrington and Liverpool can't play their usual game, get totally out of sorts and we win 1-0 and Liverpool lose their unbeaten run in absolute controversy. I can see the Wikipedia entry now...

Why would that forecast see it called off?  Not that much rain and it’s only the gusts that reach those figures, the underlying wind speed is much less.  That’s not to say it won’t be, though.

Edited by Branston Pickle

26 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

I really can’t see the game going ahead the travel back to Liverpool will be a nightmare 

Disgraced imbecile attempts re integration. Nah mate, you are below contempt. Thought you were harmless, but you really are pondlife arent you?  

• Like 1

Can we all chill out and just wait for the health and safety people to decide what’s best. The vitriol is going to another level now and I’m not having it on my watch. 

I would be surprised to see the match postponed, but then again I'm no HSE guru.

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

The vitriol is going to another level now and I’m not having it on my watch

Hardly call it vitriol MC, from what I see, wcorkcanary was rightfully calling out Jobsworth's trolling

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Disgraced imbecile attempts re integration. Nah mate, you are below contempt. Thought you were harmless, but you really are pondlife arent you?  

Ha that is great coming from you and your Mary Lou McDonald 

dear oh dear this is the last time I interact with you as you are clearly not of our own 

2 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

I would be surprised to see the match postponed, but then again I'm no HSE guru.

Hardly call it vitriol MC, from what I see, wcorkcanary was rightfully calling out Jobsworth's trolling

Suggesting it is dangerous to travel is hardly trolling 

I agree the abuse being handed out on here needs to be sorted starting with Sports desk Pete hitting you with the ban hammer 

1 minute ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Suggesting it is dangerous to travel is hardly trolling 

I agree the abuse being handed out on here needs to be sorted starting with Sports desk Pete hitting you with the ban hammer 

You a little bit WOKE?

• Haha 1

He said this and she said that, sometimes it descends into playground mentality on here. We all support Norwich so let that be a platform for common ground and getting on. 

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

He said this and she said that, sometimes it descends into playground mentality on here. We all support Norwich so let that be a platform for common ground and getting on. 

Yes Dad.

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Indeed I try desperately to stick to the topic in question but the personal stick I get for having an opinion is completely unnecessary and there is so little moderation that it doesn’t ever get tackled 

Everyone has a block button (I’ve been tempted to use it myself) or naughty posters can be reported to the headmaster. In essence let’s try to rise above messages that get ones goat and just concentrate on the bigger issues. 

1 minute ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Indeed I try desperately to stick to the topic in question but the personal stick I get for having an opinion is completely unnecessary and there is so little moderation that it doesn’t ever get tackled 

It’s to your credit Jobsworth so just soldier on. 

2 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Wind not too bad so far, any news further west ?

Speak for yourself but my cabbage for supper last night kicked in hours ago.

37 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Ha that is great coming from you and your Mary Lou McDonald 

dear oh dear this is the last time I interact with you as you are clearly not of our own 

You are correct  , for once . I would be ashamed to be seen as anything to do with you  like I said before, I was ambivalent about you in the past, even found you amusing  occasionally and thought your posturing was a a comedy  shtick....a laugh even , but no, your true colours  have been exposed and I now pity your sad existence. Not too many rushing to defend you now eh? 

He who trolls and runs away, lives to troll another day. Unfortunately. 

35 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Wind not too bad so far, any news further west ?

Well it's not too bad here  in w Cork, a bit blowy, occasional heavy showers. Have been into town and was safe enough on roads though not many at the farmers market at 10. Local fixtures called off here. Cork city v Shelbourne went ahead last night though....and stadium hold 8000 max, so no protection from wind. The forecasted extreme wind and rain for this morning  didnt materialise. Fingers crossed it's  the  same  over east.👍

Gusting strongly here in the midlands (just south of Birmingham) - Heavy rain overnight and continuing now after a bit of a lull.