Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Possible postponement

53 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

What’s the latest they could announce this, presumably to stop scousers travelling?

Just stop them travelling anyway and we'll  play without away supporters, apart from them that paid the extra fifty quid earlier in the season  to become priority members of course.

• Haha 1

Knowing the "totally unbiased attitude" towards the big clubs by the PL, the refs and VAR, it'll be just after we score our 3rd goal to go 3 up

• Haha 3

Liverpool supporters aren't any different from ManU's. The greater amount are not Scousers. My Niece's husband is a Norwich lad but supports Liverpool.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Liverpool supporters aren't any different from ManU's. The greater amount are not Scousers. My Niece's husband is a Norwich lad but supports Liverpool.

I blame the Uncle. Shocking 

Accuweather.com saying gusts of 56kph, so 35mph, all a storm in a tea cup if you ask me!

13 minutes ago, Ray said:

Accuweather.com saying gusts of 56kph, so 35mph, all a storm in a tea cup if you ask me!

The BBC doesn't bother will all this kph foreign stuff 😀 but they've got it down as gusting to 63mph around match time.

If it turns out to be that strong it really needs to be called off

Depends who is closer to the actual on the day I guess, I hope it is the current accuweather forecast, I guess it may also depends on how often it gusts!!!😉

Imagine if our Canadian friend who is looking for 2 tickets and is due to arrive on the 14th Feb (it may of course be the 13th if Dennis is pushing him across the pond) manages to find his 2 tickets and then the game is called off.  I guess he'll be one unhappy bunny!!!

BBC now saying 64mph, MetOffice in the 50s.  It's going to be windy, just how windy!?! 🙂

Forecasts are always a bit vague more than 24 hours out.  I get the feeling we'll have more of an idea this time tomorrow.

I'd hope (and assume) that the relevant folks in charge of this will be tracking things.  Not only are there concerns with away fan travel, but quite a few home fans have a bit of a journey in, as well as all the folks doing the TV work.  Let's be honest, train travel for instance is bad enough at the moment without storm force winds.

If it is postponed, I hope it's done with good notice!

SB

49 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

The BBC doesn't bother will all this kph foreign stuff 😀 but they've got it down as gusting to 63mph around match time.

If it turns out to be that strong it really needs to be called off

Ever since the infamous " don't  worry , there wont be  a hurricane tonight, " back in 87 was it, the weathermen have tended to over egg the pudding.  If may well be less severe than predicted. 

C'mon you pantwetters, really.  I went to Sheff U's match v Bournemouth last Sunday.  Winds from Ciara were stronger than forecast next weekend, but the Bramall Lane ground is enclosed like the Carra.  There was no impact of the wind on the game (apart from a couple of Henderson drop kicks that went straight out the opposite end.  So this match will go ahead unless the rain leaves the pitch like a bog, which again is unlikely because of the drainage they have nowadays.

There is no chance this match will be called off because of Dennis.

Given your proximity to the game it's potential cancellation may not have been an issue to you.

Would you have felt the same if it was a 400-mile round trip? 

6 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

What’s the latest they could announce this, presumably to stop scousers travelling?

Not sure it will be called off, but in terms of when, surely it is right up to kick off. 

I remember the Walsall away game after Christmas 2010 when I travelled from Norwich to Walsall, where there is a station outside the ground, and pretty much within thirty seconds of us getting off the train we heard the game was called off. I think the decision was made at 2.30 or something like that. Not quite as far as Liverpool but still bloomin’ annoying!

47 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Not sure it will be called off, but in terms of when, surely it is right up to kick off. 

I remember the Walsall away game after Christmas 2010 when I travelled from Norwich to Walsall, where there is a station outside the ground, and pretty much within thirty seconds of us getting off the train we heard the game was called off. I think the decision was made at 2.30 or something like that. Not quite as far as Liverpool but still bloomin’ annoying!

Yep - I was literally driving past the Bescot when the announcement was made.

I seem to recall we had one called off at Sunderland a few years before that maybe in similar circumstances although I hadn't travelled for that one.

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

C'mon you pantwetters, really.  I went to Sheff U's match v Bournemouth last Sunday.  Winds from Ciara were stronger than forecast next weekend, but the Bramall Lane ground is enclosed like the Carra.  There was no impact of the wind on the game (apart from a couple of Henderson drop kicks that went straight out the opposite end.  So this match will go ahead unless the rain leaves the pitch like a bog, which again is unlikely because of the drainage they have nowadays.

There is no chance this match will be called off because of Dennis.

Who's Dennis?

1 hour ago, Budapest Canary said:

I don't see how wind could be a problem...

I have been on a plane which has landed near side on due to extreme wind, and I can tell you it is an incredible amount of fun haha

It’s only a 25% chance of rain on Saturday night, so I really don’t think 50mph winds alone will see the fixture called off. Sheff Utd had no issues with it so why should we?

The Sunderland call off was on the morning of the game, 9ish if I recall. We’d flown up the day before in very dodgy conditions.

Spent the rest of the weekend drinking in Newcastle so wasn’t all bad! 

7 minutes ago, Clint said:

The Sunderland call off was on the morning of the game, 9ish if I recall. We’d flown up the day before in very dodgy conditions.

Spent the rest of the weekend drinking in Newcastle so wasn’t all bad! 

Yeah if you like getting pissed up with a load of sad Geordie .

Edited by Canary dwarf

Anybody else remember going to Highbury on a bright sunny day only to find the ground enveloped in fog ? Apparently it formed during the night, everywhere else cleared but because it is in s dip it never went away.

1 hour ago, Canary dwarf said:

Yeah if you like getting pissed up with a load of sad Geordie .

I had one of my most memorable **** ups in Newcastle, it seems to be that sort of place. Too long to retell the story now, but it involves among other things a revolving dance floor on a boat.