Sign in to follow this  
City 2nd

Borussia Dortmund: 'We don't buy superstars, we make them'

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Thanks for your reply Nutty. I said they were the stand out teams of late but most teams in league 1 and 2 try it. They may not be very good at it but it’s how they hope to survive. 

Amazing! Thank you👍

Could you name the "most teams"?

And is "most" the same as "95% of teams"?

My humble apologies but let’s imagine I’ve just listed every club in league 1 and 2. They hope to buy cheap and sell the odd gem to keep ticking over. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

My humble apologies but let’s imagine I’ve just listed every club in league 1 and 2. They hope to buy cheap and sell the odd gem to keep ticking over. 

So you're saying we have the same model as all the clubs in leagues one and two but we've spent 5 of the last 10 years in the PL.

Amazing! How ever good must our owners be......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

So basically buy cheap and develop your own. As I said it’s the blueprint for any team that’s self financing. Of course it’s easier said then done but two stand out teams of late are Coventry and Rochdale but most teams try to do the same. 

Peterborough have done this successfully for years. 

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

What incredible  insight and knowledge you do have, any more gems?( of knowledge  that is,)not sure if you'd  spot a gem of a player if he was under your hooter mate.

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Peterborough have done this successfully for years. 

Overachieving club purely on the gates they get and never having had their fingers in the Sky pie. Decent ownership Has greatly helped their cause. 

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

What incredible  insight and knowledge you do have, any more gems?( of knowledge  that is,)not sure if you'd  spot a gem of a player if he was under your hooter mate.

Your very sharp and witty young man which I bow down to. 

7 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Your very sharp and witty young man which I bow down to. 

Thanks , but that's as much a compliment as a blind man saying I'm handsome, but cheers anyway.  Surely you must realise that if you're gonna claim something on here then you'd  better be sure of ya facts,  cos someone is gonna pull you up on it. T'internet is full of fact checking pedants y'know. 

Edited by wcorkcanary

13 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So you're saying we have the same model as all the clubs in leagues one and two but we've spent 5 of the last 10 years in the PL.

Amazing! How ever good must our owners be......

We have had a lot of pocket money to spend unlike most others. 5 out of 10 years is great as is your spinning. You concentrate on the silverware and promotions and as is my prerogative I’ll remember the relegations and what might have been. 

4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Thanks , but that's as much a compliment as a blind man saying I'm handsome, but cheers anyway.  Surely you must realise that if you're gonna claim something on here then you'd  better be sure of ya facts,  cos someone is gonna pull you up on it. T'internet is full of fact checking pedants y'know. 

It’s a message board and not crown court. I’ve given my evidence and will now switch off to enjoy the soaps.

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

We have had a lot of pocket money to spend unlike most others. 5 out of 10 years is great as is your spinning. You concentrate on the silverware and promotions and as is my prerogative I’ll remember the relegations and what might have been. 

Amazing! Thank you👍

How is the truth "spinning"?

How did we get this "pocket money"?

How many of your 95% of league one and two teams have managed to get this "pocket money"?

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

It’s a message board and not crown court. I’ve given my evidence and will now switch off to enjoy the soaps.

Right, so you're saying than you can spout any old shoite  that is neither true, funny or interesting , without people who know what they are talking about , at least correcting your  misinformation. 

I'll  leave the rest to Nuttyo, he'll  put  you straight.

Enjoy your soaps.

33 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Right, so you're saying than you can spout any old shoite  that is neither true, funny or interesting , without people who know what they are talking about , at least correcting your  misinformation. 

I'll  leave the rest to Nuttyo, he'll  put  you straight.

Enjoy your soaps.

“Sprout any old ****e that is neither true.......pot, kettle and black. Somebody has found you out, because Nutty soon put you straight!

12 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

“Sprout any old ****e that is neither true.......pot, kettle and black. Somebody has found you out, because Nutty soon put you straight!

Que?

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

When you say full, what percentage is that? 🤨

Fact checking pedant ready for duty!

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

and what might have been. 

... you mean saddled with debt like so many of our rivals, constantly struggling to get out of the championship and/ or league one but unable to do so because of previous financial diarrhoea?

4 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

When you say full, what percentage is that? 🤨

Fact checking pedant ready for duty!

Well, when I say full, what I mean is nearly full cos someone's gotta post summat for them to fact check.  Apologies for my inaccuracy. 👍😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Que?

1 hour ago, City 2nd said:

Don’t think so. Mind your language too please.

9 minutes ago, glory.win or die. said:

How much did they pay for Haaland? Ok he will be worth alot more when sold unless rumours of his buy out clause are true, but they are hardly picking up rough diamonds

17 mil i think . Good money  but not outrageous considering ollie mc Burnie  was a little more.   Buy out clause is 43 or 47  I think, in a couple if seasons it can be activated.  So its,quite smart business, unlikely to lose money and the services if a kid in form,  who, if does well   , BD can sit back and watch the bids come in.

Edited by wcorkcanary

On 13/02/2020 at 07:49, City 2nd said:

Interesting article on BBC sport website this morning. And who is doing the same. Make your own comparison!

Dortmund have spent £433m on transfer fees in that past four seasons. 

So I'd say Leicester perhaps? Who have spent £359.7m.

Did I get it right? 

38 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Dortmund have spent £433m on transfer fees in that past four seasons. 

So I'd say Leicester perhaps? Who have spent £359.7m.

Did I get it right? 

Are these figures outlay or net spend? cos if theyre net, thats an awful lot of dosh.

Dortmund seem to have turned a pretty healthy transfer profit over the last 4 years. 

They do a fantastic job at developing players and selling for huge amounts. E.G Aubameyang for 56m and Pulisic for 58m.

Most importantly they invest their money wisely. Haaland for 18m has looked superb. 

Screenshot_20200214-135719~2.jpg

Edited by HertsCanary93

5 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

Dortmund seem to have turned a pretty healthy transfer profit over the last 4 years. 

They do a fantastic job at developing players and selling for huge amounts. E.G Aubamayng for 56m and Pulisic for 58m.

Most importantly they invest their money wisely. Haaland for 18m has looked superb. 

Screenshot_20200214-135719~2.jpg

Cheers for that Hertso, this is the target for us i'd assume. Although it may well take  bit of time before we getto that scale .Average att. Nearly 80,000 is outstanding. I've said a few times that we're somewhere between Crewe and Ajax,in player development/sales etc(and geographically), just need to keep inching forward, upping the quality as we go.