Sign in to follow this  
daly

Speeding Charge

However did the Ipswich Magistrates Court find PC Paul Brown not guilty of speeding at 101 mph in a 30 mph in a built up area at 8.30 AM. 16 charges including wrong side of road approaching roundabout, 4 sets of red lights, 122 mph on A11

Just got back from a wonderful Turkish holiday. Annoyingly was stopped on the last day doing 104km/hour. The car in front that had just overtaken us was waved through the police trap and we were stopped and informed that the limit was 99km/hour. So we were 5km/hour over. There was no arguing as the two police had no English and I had very little Turkish. The fine was seemingly for 130 TL although the policeman wrote 97.50 TL on the back of the ticket - presumably this is an early payment option. I asked whether I could pay them then and there and they said 'no'. The rush to the airport though meant that we've left the country with it unpaid, and didn't mention it to the hire company either. The ticket I got - the policeman got all the car details down correctly, but I see now that he made a complete hash of my drivers license, copying down a completely different number than my drivers license number from the license. Of course, if they contact the hire company then they'll be able to get my details correctly. So my question is - do I need to do anything? Should I contact the hire company? What to do? I feel aggrieved about the ticket in the first place, but equally don't want it coming back to haunt me. Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

Edited by natelik

5 hours ago, natelik said:

Just got back from a wonderful Turkish holiday. Annoyingly was stopped on the last day doing 104km/hour. The car in front that had just overtaken us was waved through the police trap and we were stopped and informed that the limit was 99km/hour. So we were 5km/hour over. There was no arguing as the two police had no English and I had very little Turkish. The fine was seemingly for 130 TL although the policeman wrote 97.50 TL on the back of the ticket - presumably this is an early payment option. I asked whether I could pay them then and there and they said 'no'. The rush to the airport though meant that we've left the country with it unpaid, and didn't mention it to the hire company either. The ticket I got - the policeman got all the car details down correctly, but I see now that he made a complete hash of my drivers license, copying down a completely different number than my drivers license number from the license. Of course, if they contact the hire company then they'll be able to get my details correctly. So my question is - do I need to do anything? Should I contact the hire company? What to do? I feel aggrieved about the ticket in the first place, but equally don't want it coming back to haunt me. Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

You need do nothing until Turkey joins the EU 🙂