Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Alex!!!

Isn't his nickname Grandad with his teammates? Think I read that. A real servant for our club. He can't be far off 10 years?

Honestly thought he was done a few seasons back but has once again proven me wrong. Still one of our better players and obvuiously a brilliant character to have about Coleny.

Maybe kept on for his phone skills ? Anyone ringing the club is greeted with ‘ hi it’s me Alex Tettey thank you for calling ‘

In all seriousness though excellent news.

33 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Isn't his nickname Grandad with his teammates? Think I read that. A real servant for our club. He can't be far off 10 years?

He'll have 9 at the end of next season

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Maybe kept on for his phone skills ? Anyone ringing the club is greeted with ‘ hi it’s me Alex Tettey thank you for calling ‘

In all seriousness though excellent news.

Yes, love that. It always makes me think of Wuthering Heights by Kate Bush - “it’s me, it’s Tettey, come home again”.

Brilliant news . Gives us a chance to show him real love too hopefully . Should be singing his name a lot more than we do . Lovely bloke and has been a fantastic servant to the club . 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Pockthorpe said:

Brilliant news . Gives us a chance to show him real love too hopefully . Should be singing his name a lot more than we do . Lovely bloke and has been a fantastic servant to the club . 

Yeah agreed and he has had a good season 😁

Certainly proved my doubts ill founded. Despite the talk of nothing left in the legs he has played regularly in the Prem this season, an era when football is being played at its highest tempo.

I suppose the guy we brought in to be his replacement didn’t work out, so it’s not a bad idea to keep the man himself!!  I guess he’s been helped a little this season with fewer games, but it’s pretty impressive how he seems to be managing the workload better than a few seasons ago.

Perhaps Thompson will stay injury free for a period and be groomed as his replacement; Godfrey would be the choice of some...if he’s still here 

Edited by Branston Pickle

13 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I suppose the guy we brought in to be his replacement didn’t work out, so it’s not a bad idea to keep the man himself!!  I guess he’s been helped a little this season with fewer games, but it’s pretty impressive how he seems to be managing the workload better than a few seasons ago.

Perhaps Thompson will stay injury free for a period and be groomed as his replacement; Godfrey would be the choice of some...if he’s still here 

I think he will be if the 50 million price tag is accurate.otbc

Old head vitally important next year to take the pressure off.

No matter the ups and downs, when you look at this graphic you can't say 'but wasn't in the team much that year'

He's like a backwards Hoolahan. Didn't matter what era or manager we had at the time, all roads led back to Tettey

• Like 2

Been out all evening, and just come in to see this. Brilliant news. Love Tettey. I'll be gutted if he doesn't get a testimonial after his service to the club.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

Old head vitally important next year to take the pressure off.

No matter the ups and downs, when you look at this graphic you can't say 'but wasn't in the team much that year'

He's like a backwards Hoolahan. Didn't matter what era or manager we had at the time, all roads led back to Tettey

I'm not sure about next seasons all green kit. 😀

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Darth Vadis said:

How is there not a chant for Tetts? Or did I miss it?

Absolutely this, it baffles me. I love the guy, one of my all-time favourite Norwich players.

Let's get our thinking caps on and make a chant for him!

• Like 1

Love the news, hate the way the graphic looks as though we've accepted we're going down in 19/20. Why they did that I don't know! May as well have just left it blank, without the arrow.

Anyway. Good to see he's been with us since the year 1213. Alexander the Great indeed!

Edited by BobLoz3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Half Ar5ed Hipster said:

That graphic makes me realise just how terrible that Leovegas logo was...

No Tettey... No party! 🤘

Nice to see you back old bean. Seemed as though you were on some kind of hiatus??

I'm not sure about next seasons all green kit. 

Everyone is going green. Its the new colour. Of course we've been green for over a century. I think the white trim is OK.

5 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Nice to see you back old bean. Seemed as though you were on some kind of hiatus??

Thanks man, glad you're still around!

Tbh, I got fed up with the overriding gloom in these parts but I'm over it now. Just needed a little break from all the doom mongering. 🙄