Sign in to follow this  
Terminally Yellow

The Norwich City Loan XI

So here's the question - at what level do you think this side could be competitive? By that I don't mean storming the league - just maybe safely mid table?

GK - Aston Oxborough

DR - Caleb Richards

DL - Sam McCallum

DC - Sean Raggett

DC - Akin Famewo 

MR - Simon Power

ML - Diallang Jaiyesimi

MC - Melvin Sitti

MC - Louis Thompson

MC - Charlie Gilmour

ST - Carlton Morris 

In answer to your question - right now - Division 1. Hopefully some on that list will go on to grace the green and yellow at a higher level.  Others out on loan include Timi Odusina, Louis Lomas and Daniel Barden. 

I’m not sure if many of these players are decent? They are all playing in league one or below (or equivalent thereof) and most have had previous loan spells at lower league clubs without doing much. Quote a few of them aren’t that young in footballing terms either, being in their early 20’s (or much later for a few!)

That squad as a whole, is basically league 2 at best, with a few players who may go onto bigger and better things. 

So here's a little thread I started a while ago that seems appropriate to revive.

I wonder how this side would do;

GK. Archie Mair
DR. Jordan Thomas
DL. Sam McCallum
DC. Rocky Bulshiri
DC. Louis Lomas
MC. Melvin Sitti
MC. Louis Thompson
WR. Aidan Fitzpatrick
WL. Philip Heise
No.10 Danel Sinani
ST. Carlton Morris

Subs: Joe Rose (GK), Dan Adshead (MC), Sebastian Soto (ST), Simon Power (Winger), Caleb Richards (full back), Gassan Ahadme (ST), Isak Thorvaldsson (MC)

For me, that's a solid L2 side, maybe even bottom half L1. It's crazy the sort of players we have out on loan. 

The question is..and presumably the point if them being out on loan is, how many of them will either come back and challenge for a first team spot or be sold for a transfer fee....or how many would simply be released once their contract is up?

Not sure I see many ever playing for us ?

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

On 13/02/2020 at 02:17, Terminally Yellow said:

So here's the question - at what level do you think this side could be competitive? By that I don't mean storming the league - just maybe safely mid table?

GK - Aston Oxborough

DR - Caleb Richards

DL - Sam McCallum

DC - Sean Raggett

DC - Akin Famewo 

MR - Simon Power

ML - Diallang Jaiyesimi

MC - Melvin Sitti

MC - Louis Thompson

MC - Charlie Gilmour

ST - Carlton Morris 

Add two names to this list - Kenny McLean and Oliver Skipp and you have a team winning promotion to the prem !

2 hours ago, Six Pack said:

On a serious note - Good Post & question. How competitive can Farke make this group.

I don't think he can or wants to within the timescales he's working to, i.e achieve promotion before the parachute payments run out. Longer term, who knows.

If we end up a mid table Championship side then hopefully half of them will turn out very good players for us. It's a good position to be in.

We have our own footballing farm.    Our model makes sense of course and are we actually making money from these loans whilst the players get the opportunity and experience?     Chelsea make millions, but admittedly their youngsters are the best quality and go out to play at higher levels generally. 

7 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

The question is..and presumably the point if them being out on loan is, how many of them will either come back and challenge for a first team spot or be sold for a transfer fee....or how many would simply be released once their contract is up?

Not sure I see many ever playing for us ?

Any one of them would walk into the Ipswich team though.🤣

• Haha 1