Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Norwich v Liverpool

Here’s the view from the Liverpool fans and supporters before the game. In the main, they’re actually quite complimentary about us, and appreciate we’re trying to play quick slick attacking football unlike your Burnley’s etc, who as far as I’m concerned bring nothing to the Premier League whatsoever. Regardless, if you get particularly annoyed about away supporters nabbing home supporters tickets, probably best not to read past page 1. I wonder which Norwich ‘supporter’ provided the 2 tickets for the Liverpool supporter and his son who’ll be sat in the Barclay on Saturday evening?

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=344726.0

Thanks Alex.

I doubt they know that the infamous Jimmy Chew is no longer with us.

Those there that day will never forget his pitch invasion. We gave him hell and all carp. Poor guy had problems that none of us knew about at that time.

RIP Jimmy

12 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Thanks Alex.

I doubt they know that the infamous Jimmy Chew is no longer with us.

Those there that day will never forget his pitch invasion. We gave him hell and all carp. Poor guy had problems that none of us knew about at that time.

RIP Jimmy

I didn’t know this, Eddie - the pitch invader passed away? From reading the Liverpool supporters thread above, none of them are aware either buddy? How very sad, had no idea.

I do get the impression that some see us very much as a ‘warm up’ to shake off the ‘rust’ before they play Atletico.

Always a dangerous attitude to take an opponent lightly, especially if Pukki, Cantwell and Buendia are in the mood, very very capable players, I would say underestimate them at their peril... 

54 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I do get the impression that some see us very much as a ‘warm up’ to shake off the ‘rust’ before they play Atletico.

Always a dangerous attitude to take an opponent lightly, especially if Pukki, Cantwell and Buendia are in the mood, very very capable players, I would say underestimate them at their peril... 

Wishful thinking geeze ,they are like terminators   even if they play badly they still win games.😄

6 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Here’s the view from the Liverpool fans and supporters before the game. In the main, they’re actually quite complimentary about us, and appreciate we’re trying to play quick slick attacking football unlike your Burnley’s etc, who as far as I’m concerned bring nothing to the Premier League whatsoever. Regardless, if you get particularly annoyed about away supporters nabbing home supporters tickets, probably best not to read past page 1. I wonder which Norwich ‘supporter’ provided the 2 tickets for the Liverpool supporter and his son who’ll be sat in the Barclay on Saturday evening?

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=344726.0

Whether Burnley bring nothing too the premiership or not they are there on merit 😢

What do most sides in the bottom half “bring to the division”? In some ways, as a neutral, I’d rather see the likes of Burnley kick lumps out of people occasionally than just watch everyone trying to play the same way (but some doing it better than others).

13 minutes ago, Matt Juler said:

The game is also likely to be played in 50mph winds thanks to Dennis. 

I would say that it’s likely Dennis will see a postponement, just as Ciara did at Man city.

Looking at the long range weather forecast the chances of the game going ahead appear to be fading fast.

The forecast in terms of rain isn’t that bad, it’s just the wind gusts - I’d have thought the game was more likely to go ahead than not, but who knows these days. They’ll need to make a decision reasonably early though.

Interestingly, I did wonder if a postponement would be of more ‘help’ to us - Liverpool may have a degree of fixture congestion given the Euro cup (and FA Cup), and with the league all-but won (or even won already by the time we played) might feel a need to rest players.

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Interestingly, I did wonder if a postponement would be of more ‘help’ to us - Liverpool may have a degree of fixture congestion given the Euro cup (and FA Cup), and with the league all-but won (or even won already by the time we played) might feel a need to rest players.

Wonder what Klopp's feelings are on a postponement?  Looking at the fixture lists, it's difficult to see a date for them until April and obviously will depend on their involvement in the FA Cup (and ours!) and the Champions League.

I wouldn’t be averse to a postponement. If other results went our way, like they did last weekend, that’d give us a little boost physchologically.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think it will be called off. It’s looking like 50mph winds which is more or less what it was at Newcastle a couple of weeks ago.

I think the postponed Man City match had winds in excess of 80mph? 

Edited by Clint

It’s more the safety of spectators attending the match that will decide any postponement. Driving conditions will be very poor, and public transport could well be badly affected.

the wind and rain caused havoc last week, and there’s still plenty of trees waiting to fall!

like Ricardo said the long range forecast isn’t good, but there is much more to think about than just playing a match in a high wind. 

I think the responsibility of the football club is more a case of whether the ground and area around is ok.  It isn’t really for them to decide how/when people get there and where from as it is we’ll beyond their control and influence.  Clearly if trains are down and roads are blocked that will play a part in any decision but we’ve played matches when there’s been a load of snow around the county/country, and in weather as bad as currently forecast..

Sort of hope this isnt postponed and we just get it out of the way....wouldnt want it rearranged and there be the possibility of it then being the game that they win the league....or possibly as bad, our having to give that dispicable club a guard of honour as they enter the field after theyve won it.

Thankfully ,weather permitting, we'll not be subjected to any of those nightmarish scenarios....their fans will be unbearable enough as it is on Saturday

TEAM FOR TOMORROW:

Krul
Aarons Godfrey Zimmerman Hanley Byram 
McClean Tettey Vrancic
Buendia
Pukki

Thoughts?

- 5 at back so we always have 3 backtracking if wing back bomb on. Godfrey for pace in the 3. 
- Only width needed from full backs but they should be defensive minded.
- Cantwell too lightweight and indirect so out
- Vrancic deserves it and can unlock them.
- Aim to release Buendia and Pukki on break. Get ball to Vrancic/Buendia as soon as possible
- Sit deep and use the break and break with optimal pace and most direct route. Pukki on last defender for entire 90.

Krul

Aarons Hanley zim byram

Godfrey vrancic

Duda buendia cantwell

Pukki

This would be my shout 

I dint see Farke changing his formation or philosophy even for Liverpool, so am anticipating the familiar 4231.

Assuming Emi is fully fit again & addressing  my main concern of pace of the liverpool attack ahead of their aerial ability I would choose

Krul

Aarons Godfrey Zimmermann Byram

Tettey  Rupp

Duda Buendia Cantwell

Pukki

Subbs  Fahrmann, Lewis, Hanley, McLean, Vrancis, Hernandez, ,Drmic

but I do expect the Farke to start Hanley for of Godfrey and Kenny for Rupp. 

Krul

Aarons, Zimmermann, Hanley, Lewis (or Byram)

Godfrey, Rupp (McLean) 

Buendia, Duda, Cantwell

Pukki

Subs - Fahrmann, Byram (Lewis), Tettey, Hernandez, Drmic, Vrancic, McLean (Rupp).

Surely that's reasonably defensive with attacking quality in good measure!    

13 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Cannot stand Liverpool or their fans... 

Ditto

...sadly the news concerning Man City this evening could very well prompt a mass exodus of both players and manager which might hand liverpool free reign to dominate for a few years

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Ditto

...sadly the news concerning Man City this evening could very well prompt a mass exodus of both players and manager which might hand liverpool free reign to dominate for a few years

And they will become even more tedious with our football media falling over themselves to be more and more sycophantic... Best fans in the world? Not if you have been going to football since the 70s they are not.

• Like 1