NICK07

Storm Dennis

Great, just as Storm Ciara has gone, we now have Storm Dennis coming this weekend. Current forecast is for 50 mph winds in Norwich on Saturday afternoon. Fingers crossed that those winds don’t get any worse and cause the Liverpool match to be postponed.

I would say that any adverse weather conditions would be more likely to act as a 'leveller' than to broaden the gap between the two sides...

I hope Dennis doesn't give their fans an excuse when we win. I can just imagine them saying the conditions were horrendous.... Blah blah (White noise) blah blah 

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Could be to our advantage.

Grant Hanley hat trick incoming ☀️

Emi is due his first PL goal. #justsaying

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Emi is due his first PL goal. #justsaying

I know, it’s getting ridiculous now! A lad with that much ability, how he’s not found the net yet god only knows!

One things for sure, if he gets the first goal then we’ll go and win that game. Because the fans have been waiting for this moment all season, and the players will play out of their absolute skin in that incredible atmosphere 🏆

Joking aside, and for those of us that face a considerable journey to home games, is there really any chance that the game might be called off if winds are 50 mph?

6 minutes ago, wooster said:

Joking aside, and for those of us that face a considerable journey to home games, is there really any chance that the game might be called off if winds are 50 mph?

Sure, there’s the possibility - Man City did it, although Sheff Utd rolled their sleeves up and showed that it could be done. 

OK, so when did Man C call off the game?  Was it close to kick-off or several hours in advance? 

I'd be leaving just before midday for a 5.30pm kick off (earlier than absolutely necessary to guarantee parking at County Hall).

Btw, when are Man C planning to play their postponed game?

16 minutes ago, wooster said:

OK, so when did Man C call off the game?  Was it close to kick-off or several hours in advance? 

I'd be leaving just before midday for a 5.30pm kick off (earlier than absolutely necessary to guarantee parking at County Hall).

Btw, when are Man C planning to play their postponed game?

Man City announced around Sunday lunchtime, so yes it was many hours in advance (5 or more), that the game would not be going ahead later that day. Problem is, you may not unfortunately get that benefit - the game can technically get called off at any point, including 1 min into the match. Man City play West Ham in the rescheduled fixture next Wednesday February 19th at 7:30pm if that helps.

• Thanks 1

@wooster Just to add, I wouldn’t worry too much as it may well be fine, the wind would have to be really significant to stop the game, Sheff Utd played on in 50mph gusts and to be honest had I not have known there was at storm at the time, I would never have been none the wiser, it did not affect the match from what I could see. My latest weather app is saying that the winds won’t hit Norwich until Monday although it’s looking like Saturday will be wet. However, it’s Tuesday evening and a lot can change by then, though don’t panic just yet!

3 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

@wooster Just to add, I wouldn’t worry too much as it may well be fine, the wind would have to be really significant to stop the game, Sheff Utd played on in 50mph gusts and to be honest had I not have known there was at storm at the time, I would never have been none the wiser, it did not affect the match from what I could see. My latest weather app is saying that the winds won’t hit Norwich until Monday although it’s looking like Saturday will be wet. However, it’s Tuesday evening and a lot can change by then, though don’t panic just yet!

Thanks again. I have travelled over to Norfolk for several home games only to be waylaid for family reasons so I'm just looking forward to a clear run without mishap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wooster said:

Thanks again. I have travelled over to Norfolk for several home games only to be waylaid for family reasons so I'm just looking forward to a clear run without mishap.

Good luck!, I’m sure it’ll all work out just fine, and with any luck come 7:15pm Jurgen will be complaining in the aftermath interviews that the game should never have gone ahead and that is the only reason why Liverpool lost their first league match since 2018 😉

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/uk-warnings#?id=71e0171d-8469-4463-8aaa-cd8009e78774&date=2020-02-15&details

"Very strong winds in association with Storm Dennis are expected on Saturday and Sunday across many parts of England and Wales. The strongest winds are likely to be on Saturday afternoon and evening, with a lull overnight, before increasing again during Sunday. Gusts of 50 mph are expected widely inland. Around the coasts, especially in the west and south, gusts of 60-70 mph are likely. The strong winds will be accompanied by heavy rain at times, leading to particularly poor driving conditions."

7 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I think they would be more likely to call it off at short notice.

With snow and ice it's going to be on the ground for some time but the wind could easily die down before KO. Would be fun and games if it only got up after KO though

It'll certainly be inclement in the blankets...