Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

What a strike this was 💛💚🙃

Great strike. For me Howson either had an outstanding game or was completely anonymous, especially in his last couple of seasons. Anyone know how he’s doing at the moment? 

Not sure I'll ever see a technically better goal than that from the Barclay.

Knew it would be this one!

Best goal I've seen live at Carrow Road for sure. Loved it. Went absolutely bat $hit insane when that went in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I've always thought the goal from Wes in the same game was better 

Also a good goal but no way near the technical ability displayed as with this Howson one!

Edited by BobLoz3

4 hours ago, Daz Sparks said:

When Howson made his body shape to hit it, I thought either a Worldy, or he's on his ar$e looking daft.

I think that’s the only 2 options, isn’t it, Daz? 😜

10 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Superb.

Fash's goal against Liverpool is the finest I've witnessed at Carrow Road.

9 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I've always thought the goal from Wes in the same game was better 

No. 

That goal was the best I've seen. Great servant, now playing RB at Boro. Looked  half decent there last game I saw. 

Incredible strike no doubt, but my vote has to go to Safri's wonder strike against Newcastle, absolute thunderbolt! I know it was 2004 but still..

Edited by Spillay

13 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

I think that’s the only 2 options, isn’t it, Daz? 😜

I dunno Alex, he could have spooned it high, sliced it, maybe scuffed the turf and it rolled tamely into a defender, but yeah, I see where you're coming from... :classic_wink:

• Haha 1

Best goal I've seen live. Pritchard scored a very good goal from about 20-25 yards that game and that was somehow only the 3rd best goal we scored.

Safri's is also wonderful just for the sheer distance, although I've got a weird soft spot for the other goal scored in that game!

11 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I still reckon that’s the best I’ve ever seen live at Carrow Road. The height the ball comes down from is amazing . 

What I always remember when watching that ball drop, was that it seemed like it hung up there forever and somehow dropped in slow motion! I think it's because I could see Jonny was looking at it and I was thinking "He's gonna hit that isn't he??!"

• Like 1

This is an interesting debate - there's no doubt a screamer is always popular - this one, Safri's and I can remember a belter from Steen Negergaard. Robert Rosario scored a goal of the season one year didn't he?  Fashanu's was a lovely piece of skill.  Then there's other individual goals like Huckerby's dribble from his own half (v Birmingham?) and team goals like the one v Millwall last year when we passed it around for fun in the 93rd minute rather than humping it forward looking for a bit of luck.

For sheer enjoyment of a goal, Klose's equaliser against you know who takes some beating.

I love the team goals we've been able to score under the current coach. We never really played like this before and some seasons it was down to individual players to carry the team (a la Hucks and yes that goal was against Brum... It's the one the US news reporter called the 'best goal ever' even though Hucks didn't agree 😊)

Let's be honest... Any goal is a good one and would be celebrated, but this Howson one was special because of distance, technique and the pure force it hit the back of the net with! Plus we were on a rampage against Forest that day and it was very enjoyable. Also, it happened three years ago yesterday so was topical.

33 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

I love the team goals we've been able to score under the current coach. We never really played like this before and some seasons it was down to individual players to carry the team (a la Hucks and yes that goal was against Brum... It's the one the US news reporter called the 'best goal ever' even though Hucks didn't agree 😊)

Let's be honest... Any goal is a good one and would be celebrated, but this Howson one was special because of distance, technique and the pure force it hit the back of the net with! Plus we were on a rampage against Forest that day and it was very enjoyable. Also, it happened three years ago yesterday so was topical.

We've scored great team goals long before this team- that same twitter account posted a wonderful last minute winner against Reading today scored by Holt that was a wonderful team move (even including McNally and Lambert getting involved by getting the ball to our throw in taker ASAP!).

11 minutes ago, king canary said:

We've scored great team goals long before this team- that same twitter account posted a wonderful last minute winner against Reading today scored by Holt that was a wonderful team move (even including McNally and Lambert getting involved by getting the ball to our throw in taker ASAP!).

Sure, but in my memory I haven't really seen us play the way we do now. Always wanted to be a passing team, of course there have always been elements of that, but we didn't base it all on possession football as we do now. There was still a lot of kick and run and Lambert used to get them playing percentage balls and suchlike.

2 hours ago, king canary said:

Best goal I've seen live. Pritchard scored a very good goal from about 20-25 yards that game and that was somehow only the 3rd best goal we scored.

Safri's is also wonderful just for the sheer distance, although I've got a weird soft spot for the other goal scored in that game!

I had a Pritchard goal in my head too