Sign in to follow this  
Patrick17

Looking ahead

Heart says we still have a chance to beat relegation but logic says it's a massive task now. So looking ahead and we go down, we would expect Pukki to go elsewhere and we couldn't blame, he's been fantastic for us! We would need another prolific goal scorer, young with international experience , what about Erik Sorga scoring goals for fun in Estonia and the championship would be a natural progression ?

TBH whoever goes out of our younger talent we should make some serious money from and we should be able to acquire a decent squad to challenge next season if we do go down. I have seen nothing this season which would prove otherwise.

Wonder who would take a punt on Pukki given his age, but if rumors are to be believed during the January transfer window Manure were looking at some veteran goalscorers likes Glenn Murray of Brighton, so imagine there will be suitors for Pukki come the summer. Comes down to money and whether he wants to play at a higher level again. Time will tell.

Given his age, his ' fit' at ncfc, the fact he was first choice striker for Finland  while in the championship,  his lack of aerial  ability and of course  not forgetting he is having his most successful spell of his career ( lately having a slight blip) I'd be very surprised if he left. 

IF he does , It'll be for a very large wad,  that should be sufficient to pick up someone to replace him. 

8 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

TBH whoever goes out of our younger talent we should make some serious money from and we should be able to acquire a decent squad to challenge next season if we do go down. I have seen nothing this season which would prove otherwise.

Wonder who would take a punt on Pukki given his age, but if rumors are to be believed during the January transfer window Manure were looking at some veteran goalscorers likes Glenn Murray of Brighton, so imagine there will be suitors for Pukki come the summer. Comes down to money and whether he wants to play at a higher level again. Time will tell.

I’m sure he does enjoy plying his trade here but it wouldn’t be much of a shock if he wanted to go or the club choose to sell him. He’s proved he can hack it at this level and maybe wants more now he’s at the business end of his career.

I think we should have a look at Dennis Politic again. Playing for Bolton in League One and while not a striker, he fits the mould of what Webber and Farke look for. Young, lots of potential and he's a midfielder 😂

Also, apparently gave McCullum a bit of a torrid time when Cov played them recently. Gaining some good reviews on the way.

Edited by BobLoz3

1 hour ago, Patrick17 said:

Heart says we still have a chance to beat relegation but logic says it's a massive task now. So looking ahead and we go down, we would expect Pukki to go elsewhere and we couldn't blame, he's been fantastic for us! We would need another prolific goal scorer, young with international experience , what about Erik Sorga scoring goals for fun in Estonia and the championship would be a natural progression ?

1 hour ago, Patrick17 said:

Hopefully not. Anyway there are several conflicting posts about Sorga one saying he went to the U.S.

You're Erik Sorga's agent, aren't you? 😂

Should Pukki leave, I’m sure it will be with our good wishes,  much like Maddison. Gave their all in their time here. 

I was going to start another thread about players being sold in the summer (with the view we'll be in the Champ) but may as well tack it onto this thread since the OP is implying the same -

For me it's gona be;

"Big name" sales - Godfrey, Aarons and Cantwell.

Loans ending / periphery player sales - Duda, Heise, Fahrmann, Leitner, Klose.

Bryam will move back to his preferred position since we've signed McCallum, I suspect we'll either dip into the market for a new CB (not convinced it'll be worth keeping Timm on any more) or promote a relevant youngster (with Hanley and Zimmermann's exp, this would be ideal) and we were after another tricksy player beginning with 'S' in Jan earmarked for the summer weren't we? I can't see us losing BOTH Buendia and Cantwell but if it's going to be any, Cantwell has been the one scoring so makes most sense to me.

As I've said before, Pukki, Drmic and Idah up top in the Champs is a tantalising prospect if we keep hold of Pukki that is. Given his age and his form of late, I'm in the camp of thinking he'll stay.

It's all fun conjecture of course, but those above and a few youth / old (Tettey) players will probably leave too.

7 minutes ago, Half Ar5ed Hipster said:

I was going to start another thread about players being sold in the summer (with the view we'll be in the Champ) but may as well tack it onto this thread since the OP is implying the same -

For me it's gona be;

"Big name" sales - Godfrey, Aarons and Cantwell.

Loans ending / periphery player sales - Duda, Heise, Fahrmann, Leitner, Klose.

Bryam will move back to his preferred position since we've signed McCallum, I suspect we'll either dip into the market for a new CB (not convinced it'll be worth keeping Timm on any more) or promote a relevant youngster (with Hanley and Zimmermann's exp, this would be ideal) and we were after another tricksy player beginning with 'S' in Jan earmarked for the summer weren't we? I can't see us losing BOTH Buendia and Cantwell but if it's going to be any, Cantwell has been the one scoring so makes most sense to me.

As I've said before, Pukki, Drmic and Idah up top in the Champs is a tantalising prospect if we keep hold of Pukki that is. Given his age and his form of late, I'm in the camp of thinking he'll stay.

It's all fun conjecture of course, but those above and a few youth / old (Tettey) players will probably leave too.

A forward like Pukki who could probably get a team 10/15 goals next season in this league will be coveted in the summer. 

Should Pukki go assuming he is fully fit do we not already have a prolific goal scorer with international experience called Drmic ?. If Pukki stays and Drmic is fit I would suggest Drmic would be on his way out and Rhodes ( who I believe is a free agent this summer ) would come in.

I think a team like Sheff Utd would be very interested in signing Pukki. Top scorer for them this season is on 5 goals but so many players in their squad have chipped in from the off. Potential European football on offer too next season and we know they won’t be shy spending a few quid to improve further. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Oh my god I hope Sheff Utd don't buy him!!!!

Nah, they won't, I told you, they only sign 'ol bangers - so keep your diary free in June / July, you might get an unexpected call from Gene Wilder... 😉

• Haha 1