Sign in to follow this  
Canary dwarf

Hail the Scottish badgers

Respect to Hanley and McLean they both struggled and looked out of there depth early doors ,but have both come good which bodes well for us , we have a had a lot of **** from Scotland down the years Naismith, Bryan Gunn,dorrans,r Martin, Whittaker ,the list goes on so well done for these two .😄ps loved Robert fleck .

Canary Dwarf, may I suggest that in the last few years you have grown a few more inches and you can see the game better.  If you place any listed Scot and Naismith in the same bucket, you really are asking a lot of your fellow fans not to throw some #### your way. 

Yes our Scottish contingent has been so terrible hasn't it? I mean Russell Martin was so bad he was involved in three promotions. Gunny had much more than two good seasons in ten and Whittaker played consistently and was underappreciated for five years for us.

Then there's Simon Lappin, Chrissy Martin, Robert Snodgrass and Jordan Rhodes all who represent Scotland. 

Honestly I think Norwich has done quite well out of Scotland. Better, I would say, than our Irish contingent. Definitely better than the French players we've had at Carrow Road!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Yes our Scottish contingent has been so terrible hasn't it? I mean Russell Martin was so bad he was involved in three promotions. Gunny had much more than two good seasons in ten and Whittaker played consistently and was underappreciated for five years for us.

Then there's Simon Lappin, Chrissy Martin, Robert Snodgrass and Jordan Rhodes all who represent Scotland. 

Honestly I think Norwich has done quite well out of Scotland. Better, I would say, than our Irish contingent. Definitely better than the French players we've had at Carrow Road!

Sorry forgot about Snodgrass quality player still doing well,not had that many French players .

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Honestly I think Norwich has done quite well out of Scotland. Better, I would say, than our Irish contingent. Definitely better than the French players we've had at Carrow Road!Irish contin

Irish contingent what about wes ,Keith O'Neil ,Robbie Brady etc

1 hour ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Duncan Forbes wasn't too shabby 

Neither were Bill Punton, Hugh Curran and Tommy Bryceland. Then there's Ted Macdougall. Scotland has been a good hunting ground over the years. And Bryan Gunn was one of our best from across the border. 

Any good work bringing in Scottish players is automatically discounted by the Mark Fotheringham years. 🤣

Apples

• Like 1

I know he wasn't  a player ( for us) but until his head was turned by a 'massive opportunity ' at a ' huge club' ,Lamberk  was pretty good for us. Yeah , I know he had help, but in his pomp he was an inspirational  manager, who's daring substitutions  changed games. It was an exciting time. 

6 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I know he wasn't  a player ( for us) but until his head was turned by a 'massive opportunity ' at a ' huge club' ,Lamberk  was pretty good for us. Yeah , I know he had help, but in his pomp he was an inspirational  manager, who's daring substitutions  changed games. It was an exciting time. 

He reminds me of Mark McGhee who once looked like the next best thing before a huge ego got in the way.

31 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

It was all Culverhouse. As Ipswich (plus Wolves and Villa) have found out.

33 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

And Kings Lynn

No man is an Island.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

And Kings Lynn

No man is an island. 

3 hours ago, Mr Apples said:

Any good work bringing in Scottish players is automatically discounted by the Mark Fotheringham years. 🤣

Apples

Pffft... Don't know what you're talking about, Apples.

I haven't seen any of the others do a 'Fozzy flick' 🤣

Edited by BobLoz3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Apples said:

And don't get me started on Ian Murray, Alan Gow, Stephen Hughes, Stevie Smith...🤮😂

Apples

Yeah it was just a shame we never signed Jason Scotland during that time. 😉

(We WERE linked with him a lot which was pretty funny... "If you can't get a Scottish player Granty, just get one whose name is literally SCOTLAND") 😂

• Haha 1

Dark, dark days Bob...Le Juge and Chris Killen brought down too.

Peter Grant is currently managing Alloa Athletic and Jim Duffy is managing Dumbarton. 😂

Apples

13 hours ago, Canary dwarf said:

Irish contingent what about wes ,Keith O'Neil ,Robbie Brady etc

Where do Mike Milligan & Lee Power stand in this discussion? Does Andy Townsend count as Irish? Johnny Gavin? I don't think I'll mention Gary Doherty...oops!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, paddycanary said:

Where do Mike Milligan & Lee Power stand in this discussion? Does Andy Townsend count as Irish? Johnny Gavin? I don't think I'll mention Gary Doherty...oops!

How could I forget the ginger Pele.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

No man is an Island.

My friend Barry is:classic_biggrin:

That's exactly why no man should be an island.

On 10/02/2020 at 04:23, Terminally Yellow said:

Just to add a few more Scottish players to the mix.... Ian Murray, Stephen Hughes, Mark Fotheringham, Alan Gow. 

Definitely had our fair share of dross from Scotland! 

Now we've had some real quality from Wales.... Mark Bowen, Craig Bellamy, David Phillips, Ron Davies, Jeremy Goss, Iwan Roberts, and our manager Mike Walker. 

Wales the clear winner! 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

13 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Just to add a few more Scottish players to the mix.... Ian Murray, Stephen Hughes, Mark Fotheringham, Alan Gow. 

Now we've had some real quality from Wales.... Mark Bowen, Craig Bellamy, David Phillips, Ron Davies, Jeremy Goss, Iwan Roberts, and our manager Mike Walker. 

Wales the clear winner! 

Yeah Wales the clear winner Ron Davies b4 my time but the others were quality ,did not know Mike walker was Welsh his son was deffo English 😄

37 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Wales the clear winner! 

Rob Earnshaw too. I always thought he was underrated.

17 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Wales the clear winner! 

David Jones was an early fav of mine too.