Sign in to follow this  
Ramrod

Life on the Inside.

Has anyone else read Peter Mendham's book? 

I really enjoyed it but then again I'm 4 months older than Peter so it was very much my period. 

Of course, it covers his downfall but it also covers that period when I believe Norwich City came out of the shadows with the charismatic management of Bond and Brown along with that fabulous Admiral strip. 

As Peter makes clear he will never be forgiven by some so don't look upon this book as his seeking redemption. Read an account of a local boy who was a top class player, undervalued through his loyalty, who lost his way when injury cut him down in his prime. 

Enjoy reading about Fashanu, Peters, McDougal, Boyer, Reeves, Suggett, O'Neill, Robson, Neighbour etc etc, or the controversial relegation, the promotions (we were yo-yo then too) and the League Cup win. 

Consider too how life can change in an instant. Its a good read. 

• Like 2

My son was playing for Miramar Rangers in New Zealand in 1992. And Norwich had an arrangement with the club to send players out there during our close season.

Rangers said that John Fashanu had come out and was the biggest poser and big head. But Peter Mendham was loved by Rangers and their supporters when he had been out and done his stint. He helped the local players so much and was happy to help out and join in. And there were tears at his leaving party.

Whatever happened between him and her was their business and what he did was wrong but he has paid the price and is hardly a villain.