Sign in to follow this  
The Raptor

NBA

Any others fans out there? 

If so do you follow any particular team and why? 

Toronto Raptors for me. I got into basketball on a trip to New York years ago. It was in all the time in the bars and I loved the fast pace of it.

The Raptors were on one night and I noticed their logo was a dinosaur playing basketball was awesome and enough of a reason to support them. They were rubbish for years but are pretty good at the moment. 

Followed the Wizards for a bit but got bored when Wall got injured (I think it was about the 76th time that eventually got me).

Only really followed them as I follow the Redskins properly and when I used Twitter for Redskins stuff, I'd get a lot of people who followed the Wizards too popping up on my feed. 

Haven't bothered with the Wiz for a couple of years now, they traded basically everyone on the team and kept picking up 1 year rentals and I just didn't feel connected anymore - follow the Caps in the NHL still. Don't have much of a passion for either sport although find both entertaining to watch - the late starts kills it for me in terms of properly following it - can't be doing it on a school night (literally as I'm a teacher).

Easier to find more enthusiasm when the team are elite and competing for titles (eg the Caps) so I do still watch some NHL and try to keep up with them. Watching 80 games a year of the Wizards with no John Wall and seemingly no clue about what their identity is just doesn't hold much appeal.

Edited by kick it off