matt piper, just been released by sunderland, hes defo a winger, and a right sided one if i remember correctly? surely worth getting him in on trial at least?1 yeah hes injury prone but even if he only plays half games from now til end of season, thats still 10 games with a right winger as opposed to none!!

or why dont we look to eastern europe - west brom had hungarian bargains (Zoltan Gera), as did hearts (Rudi Skacel) and West Brom have also a Polish keeper (Tomasz Kuszczak) - all on the cheap. Polish top flight only just secured its first ever tv deal, and the wage bill of the top team (Wisla Krakow) is less than 500 000. so wages would be very cheap for us, and even the top team in the league cant afford to turn down bids of 300 000 +.

we could do some very good business over that side of the world and the players are definitely out there - Cardiff are bringing in a Polish CM call Mowlik Mariusz from Lech Poznan, i havent seen him play but why are we not flying players over to have trials?!

and please no-one start the no money debate as we clearly have plenty.

[quote user="Tom Blazak"]

matt piper, just been released by sunderland, hes defo a winger, and a right sided one if i remember correctly? surely worth getting him in on trial at least?1 yeah hes injury prone but even if he only plays half games from now til end of season, thats still 10 games with a right winger as opposed to none!!

or why dont we look to eastern europe - west brom had hungarian bargains (Zoltan Gera), as did hearts (Rudi Skacel) and West Brom have also a Polish keeper (Tomasz Kuszczak) - all on the cheap. Polish top flight only just secured its first ever tv deal, and the wage bill of the top team (Wisla Krakow) is less than 500 000. so wages would be very cheap for us, and even the top team in the league cant afford to turn down bids of 300 000 +.

we could do some very good business over that side of the world and the players are definitely out there - Cardiff are bringing in a Polish CM call Mowlik Mariusz from Lech Poznan, i havent seen him play but why are we not flying players over to have trials?!

and please no-one start the no money debate as we clearly have plenty.

[/quote]

Worthy - foreigners - remember.... 

How many are at the club now??  Colin, MLJ & Safri (both whom played in england for a long time)

Me again, Paul [:)]This isn''t a vendetta (honest), you just keep raising points I feel encouraged to qualify!In the last couple of seasons we''ve also seen Svensson, Jonson, Helveg, Nielsen & Libbra pass through the doors. Worthy was also a fan of Nedergaard, who arrived during Worthy''s time as Hamilton''s assistant. Only Svensson was playing footy in England prior to his arrival at City. Only Libbra & Jonson were sold when they might have preferred to stay, the others left for (in the main) their home countries.Out of a squad of 20-30 players, that''s surely a fairly normal turnover of foreign players. Let''s remember there''s only one Sam Allardyce ''League of Nations''! West Ham & Wigan have few foreign players either, and yet I see several posters would have Worthy emulate Pardew and Jewell.[;)]

[quote user="Fat Barman"]Me again, Paul [:)]
This isn''t a vendetta (honest), you just keep raising points I feel encouraged to qualify!

In the last couple of seasons we''ve also seen Svensson, Jonson, Helveg, Nielsen & Libbra pass through the doors. Worthy was also a fan of Nedergaard, who arrived during Worthy''s time as Hamilton''s assistant. Only Svensson was playing footy in England prior to his arrival at City. Only Libbra & Jonson were sold when they might have preferred to stay, the others left for (in the main) their home countries.

Out of a squad of 20-30 players, that''s surely a fairly normal turnover of foreign players. Let''s remember there''s only one Sam Allardyce ''League of Nations''! West Ham & Wigan have few foreign players either, and yet I see several posters would have Worthy emulate Pardew and Jewell.[;)]
[/quote]

I was only taking the mick mate!!  Svensson, Jonson, Helveg, Nielsen & Libbra.  well Nielsen was at wimbledon Svennson charlton and Libbra Hibs.

I have no real gripe about this, I dont care who he brings in as long as they are good enough, and going to improve NCFC as a squad, be it potential in a youngster or ability in an older player.

We do still only have what i would qualify as 1 foreigner at the club now however, whom hopefully will do a good job for us (and i do feel sorry for the lad at the moment as he does play in the worst position any player could have at this club now!!

If you had asked a couple of seasons ago I would say that the derveld, de waard Diop experience of foreigners had definitely put him off any foreigner but the success of sven, nededgaard and safri seems to have changed worthys stance a bit.

I suspect we will only see foreign players arrive here when they have already been in the uk for a while - Safri, etuhu etc, but will still be wary of signing one with no english experience.  The three most recent (Colin, Helveg and Jonson) have followed a familiar pattern of needing time to adjust to the pace of the english game that applies regardless of experience (look at the three names quoted) or ability (Henry).  Sadly a results driven culture means any manager taking on players direct from another continent runs a great risk of of not contributing fully for most of the first year of a contract. Given our small budget for players I can see why worthy is wary of signing from other leagues.  Having said that Colin, Helveg and Jonson were all good footballers but just needed/need more time.  There is enough in colin to suggest he could emulate Steeno IF he gets enough games this season and is allowed to have his confidence boosted.     

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=28562

did they really pay 3,500,000 for him!!

PlayerFromFeeDate
Phil BabbSporting LisbonFree01-07-2002
Thomas MyhreBesiktasFree10-07-2002
Stephen WrightLiverpool£ 300000015-08-2002
Matt PiperLeicester£ 350000021-08-2002
Tore-Andre FloRangers£ 675000030-08-2002
Marcus StewartIpswich£ 325000030-08-2002
Mart PoomDerby£ 250000010-01-2003
Total: £ 19000000

its no wonder they got relegated 19 million on those 7 players - christ I cant even imagine worthy would do that badly with the money!!!!

[quote user="ncfc4prem"]Why would be want to be signing someone not good enough for the Sunderland first team.......again[/quote]

Robinson