Sign in to follow this  
The Real Buh

Tesco £3 meal deals

What is your favourite combo?

I usually go water, fridge raiders and With the main I go totally off the rails and pick a wrap at random

Outstanding thread.

At the moment I'm on a real health kick, so I go with big sushi, little sushi, green smoothie.

When I'm being a tubby lad, it's a New York Deli sanger, with the spiciest Walkers Max I can find, and an iced coffee.

Boots meal deal - extra 29p but there’s much more choice - lots of the stuff not included at Tesco is included at Boots, especially the drinks.

Amazing the crap on the NCFC FOOTBALL PAGE and the moderator if that is what he is called REMOVES my post re Michael Barrymore on the NON football page

32 minutes ago, daly said:

Amazing the crap on the NCFC FOOTBALL PAGE and the moderator if that is what he is called REMOVES my post re Michael Barrymore on the NON football page

It's been pulled completely. Whatever you wrote woke the dusty old Archant lawyer up.🤣

8 minutes ago, Herman said:

It's been pulled completely. Whatever you wrote woke the dusty old Archant lawyer up.🤣

Let’s get back on track, the Co-op claims to be ‘good with food’ but do people really rate them or find their fayre a little on the pricey side ? 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, daly said:

Amazng you drone on about it.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Let’s get back on track, the Co-op claims to be ‘good with food’ but do people really rate them or find their fayre a little on the pricey side ? 

Don't rate them that highly.

Morrisons' £3 meal deal also includes a medium salad from their salad bar as a main, which is really decent.

6 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Don't rate them that highly.

Morrisons' £3 meal deal also includes a medium salad from their salad bar as a main, which is really decent.

I was a regular at Morrison’s years ago but moved so Tesco is nearer. Like the sound of that meal deal mind.

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I was a regular at Morrison’s years ago but moved so Tesco is nearer. Like the sound of that meal deal mind.

The variety in the salad is top-notch; you can have cold hard boilers, falafel, onion bhajis, BBQ pulled jackfruit, plus a ton of pasta options. Couple it with a large vegetable samosa for a snack and a Jimmy's Farm iced coffee, and you're onto a winner.

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

The variety in the salad is top-notch; you can have cold hard boilers, falafel, onion bhajis, BBQ pulled jackfruit, plus a ton of pasta options. Couple it with a large vegetable samosa for a snack and a Jimmy's Farm iced coffee, and you're onto a winner.

Always worries me about morrisons and the salad boxes, those dirty people who shop there might have been dipping fingers into the salad. 

1 hour ago, Aggy said:

Boots meal deal - extra 29p but there’s much more choice - lots of the stuff not included at Tesco is included at Boots, especially the drinks.

This. I work in London quite a lot and obviously you can easily spend a bit ridiculous amount on what is basically a sandwich if you nip out at lunchtime. For what they offer, Boots is outstanding value. Sometimes I pick just by the most expensive items - it’s possible to get close to what would individually cost £10 for the £3.50 deal.

3 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Always worries me about morrisons and the salad boxes, those dirty people who shop there might have been dipping fingers into the salad. 

I’m curious how you know Morrison’s shoppers are dirty?

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Outstanding thread.

At the moment I'm on a real health kick, so I go with big sushi, little sushi, green smoothie.

When I'm being a tubby lad, it's a New York Deli sanger, with the spiciest Walkers Max I can find, and an iced coffee.

If you’re on a health kick to lose weight, or even if not, watch those smoothies. Most have a similar amount of sugar to full fat Coke.

1 minute ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Co Op are a little pricey but then you are paying for convenience, I live in a small market town and our Co op is open from 07:00 to 22:00 every day.

I’ve got a Co-op card, and only use them for the odd small shop, a newspaper and the occasional sandwich, but regularly find I’ve got £10-odd due back on the card. Which compensates for the higher prices a little.

9 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Co Op are a little pricey but then you are paying for convenience, I live in a small market town and our Co op is open from 07:00 to 22:00 every day.

Good point, their opening hours are fantastic.

• Haha 1

When Im at work I like to nip out for an M and S egg and bacon sarnie, bag of crisps and a coke.........marvellous!!

3 minutes ago, Van wink said:

When Im at work I like to nip out for an M and S egg and bacon sarnie, bag of crisps and a coke.........marvellous!!

The quality of their food has to be admired.

12 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

The quality of their food has to be admired.

How do you feel about refrigerated sandwiches, thats the only issue for me, but admirable nonetheless.

53 minutes ago, Van wink said:

How do you feel about refrigerated sandwiches, thats the only issue for me, but admirable nonetheless.

You won’t believe this but I can’t have an opinion due to never having butter or low fat spreads on bread. 

My brother says Co-op do a spicy chorizo scotch egg in their meal deal but sadly not in my local one.

1 minute ago, Mr Angry said:

My brother says Co-op do a spicy chorizo scotch egg in their meal deal but sadly not in my local one.

As a snack or main?

070560A9-B51D-4321-8C83-B4F7857FD763.png

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

As a snack or main?

070560A9-B51D-4321-8C83-B4F7857FD763.png

As a snack I think, I’m pretty sure he gets a sandwich as his main.