Midlands Yellow

Philip Schofield

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Because he’s in the public eye, and if he didn’t announce it and someone else did he’d get loads of abuse for trying to hide it. That’s how society works these days unfortunately.

I thought society was supposed to be better nowadays. So you would get abuse years ago for being Gay and now you get abuse for denying it?

No, society hasn’t been magically fixed-in fact it appears to have got worse. There are still people around who will give abuse if it suits them.

In the bible belt and the third world they offer gay conversion therapies, in the past these have included things like electric shock treatment, and the gay communities response to these is that you are born gay and can't choose your sexuality.

But then Philip Schofield manages to stay married to a woman for 27 years, clearly liked a bit of fanny as he made two kids, then becomes gay in his fifties. 

So what is it, are you born gay or can you develop into a gay? When this stops becoming a shock, as the last old fashioned people die out, will the next big thing be well known gay people coming out as straight in their fifties? Now that we know your sexuality can change over time? And does this mean that the bible belt people are correct? Or is he actually bisexual, and if he is then why didn't he just say so?

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

On 09/02/2020 at 13:19, Midlands Yellow said:

Has Phil already done his biography? This will be a best seller if not when he chooses to. 

The rent boys he's allegedly been poking will have a more accurate story I suspect

A few years ago I had an employee that came out to his parents, and subsequently got kicked out of his house, had his car taken away from him and was completely disowned. 

Stories like his carry great weight and anyone that goes through similar has my fullest sympathies. 

A rich celebrity in the public eye who stands to lose nothing he would miss, and a guaranteed national swell of support? Zero time for it.

• Thanks 1

On 10/02/2020 at 20:16, FenwayFrank said:

😂

Seemingly been known for years in the show business Why now.  To call him a hero is laughable 

Seemingly been known for years in the show business Why now.  To call him a hero is laughable 

Well us plebs wouldn't call him a hero but the luvvies are so full of self congratulations. And the rest who think he is are ITV viewers who keep voting for that talentless pair, Ant and Dec.

• Like 1