Sign in to follow this  
Kit Wozniak

Football industry

I am currently studying a course based on football at college, i am having to find the trends within the football industry, i have come up with the following:

increased partipcation by females

Takeovers

increased media coverage

increased ticket prices and reduced attendences

any othwr ideas, i wanted to find out a abbout increased player wages but i cant find any data! any suggestions folks?

if you were to talk about increased player wages, you''d be better off coupling that with increased contracts and then you have the option to talk about the bosman ruling etc.

with regards to wages - try talking about johnny haynes being the first £100 a week player, then factor in roy keane 30 years later becoming the first £100 000 a week player!!

increased media coverage u could approach by looking at the coverage we get here compared with Eastern Europe - eg Poland have only just secured their FIRST tv rights deal for the ekstrakalasa (top flight) this season etc.

takeovers, dont just focus on Abramovitch - try thinking about Dr Ladek (i think his name is!) at Kettering.

hope that helps and gives you a few ideas mate, have u managed to get a ticket for the ipswich game kit? cuz i can give you a lift back from it if you need one, just not up there! we''ll have to do another away day before i move aswell!!!

How about the changing geographical spread of home crowds as suggested by RH in the ''where are you based'' thread - ie he guesses that only 30% of City''s home crowd lives within the city and suburbs - this would also link well with the effect of media. Admittedly, the problem would be collecting data from any clubs other than Norwich (where you would be able to distribute questionnares pre match) but it would be interesting. You could try posts asking for this type of info on 606 or on more specific fan based forums for other clubs.