Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

Stats man on Talksport

Just put Buendia above all other Prem midfielders saying he does on average four mazey runs a game and wants to see him at Arsenal.

He also went through the stats of Maddison, Grealish and Mount to compare and says he's in love with Emi..... LOL 

If only we turned all those chances into points. I really hope Pukki is back to his best soon. 

Define “working”, it might look good on the stats but is it translating to goals or points that might help us stay up? Or is it just bumping up the asking price for the summer window when EMI throws his toys out of the pram and demands to stay in the EPL?

I think it's working far better than getting in a Iwan Roberts figure and playing up to a target man. You obviously think differently.

Trouble is I don't see us trying it so the jury will be forever out...

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

I think it's working far better than getting in a Iwan Roberts figure and playing up to a target man. You obviously think differently.

Trouble is I don't see us trying it so the jury will be forever out...

I’m not advocating the target man approach either, but I wouldn’t mind sticking Onel and Idah on for 30 minutes and just try and outpace the opposition, maybe leave 1 or 2 up top rather than bring everyone back for corners and see if we get lucky with a clearance?

12 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I’m not advocating the target man approach either, but I wouldn’t mind sticking Onel and Idah on for 30 minutes and just try and outpace the opposition, maybe leave 1 or 2 up top rather than bring everyone back for corners and see if we get lucky with a clearance?

Maybe for 15 mins but Argos looks out of his depth at this level, and Idah is still learning to swim . Personally would prefer Drmic and Pukki .

3 hours ago, NFN FC said:

If only we turned all those chances into points. I really hope Pukki is back to his best soon. 

Buendia might be creating chances, problem is nobody else is. According to premier league.com we have missed fewer “big chances” than 18 other sides. Yet we’ve got the joint second lowest goals scored tally in the division. So if we aren’t scoring and aren’t missing many great chances, that suggests we aren’t creating enough great chances.

Pukkis conversion rate in terms of goals to shots still puts him in and among the very best in the division. 

3 hours ago, NFN FC said:

Should have had adequate back up... Been run into the ground

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Should have had adequate back up... Been run into the ground

So, you think he will fine after the break? 

The problem with Buendia is that when one of his mazy runs doesn't come off, it often leads to a break and chance for the opposition. We outplayed Spurs and Newcastle with Rupp instead of Buendia...🤔

4 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I think it's working far better than getting in a Iwan Roberts figure and playing up to a target man. 

Didn't we finish 3rd in the Premier League with big Chris Sutton up front, and 11th and 12th in the Premier League with big Grant Holt? 

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Didn't we finish 3rd in the Premier League with big Chris Sutton up front, and 11th and 12th in the Premier League with big Grant Holt? 

Yep, happy days. Although to suggest we lumped it up to Chris Sutton would be a stretch? I loved John Manning too. He was quite a big ol' unit and foil for Hughie Curran. But Emi suits Pukki. And Emi is also the best player of his type that I've ever seen play for Norwich. Sort of like Ian Crook for passing with amazing balance running with the ball and tough as Trevor Hockey. (Well maybe not quite!) Imagine if we'd actually signed someone like Emi when John Bond brought Muzinic? At least nobody would be suggesting we'd signed Emi Buendia's milkman....