Sign in to follow this  
yellow_belly

The Club

Hi, 

I have been reading through various posts on this site and it is rather depressing and very predictable.

Take Lakey for an example... sniping at the use of (poor) grammar by a poster (dilemma-gate) and expressing his thoughts about how NCFC are future world beaters. In truth, we are not.

NCFC are a safe little club with little ambition. Yes, we play some good football at points, but we are rooted at the bottom of the table for good reason. Even MOTD cannot be bothered to talk about us anymore. This season is our worst year in the league. Period. Even Lakey can not argue with this. (Perhaps it sounds excellent on the Radio or on the BBC in match statistics... yes we do have lots of the ball Lake man!)

However, we cannot expect more. The club has bought cheap, crossed our fingers (for another Pukki) and stuck to our principles (yes the Plan A / no Plan B debate!). 

Saint Delia Etc have never achieved much really and Nephew Tom is not the messiah... his is just a very lucky boy. (Who will sell when he gets the chance because he has very little personal wealth). 

However, accepting what we are... makes going to the games acceptable. We are a nice club, it is just football and it is a nice place to spend/waste a couple of hours with friends and family. In the great scheme of things it really is not that important.  We are not a Liverpool, Leicester or even a Sheffield United!

Here’s to the Championship next season. (I can’t see us winning every other game to have a chance to stay up). More games, more wins?!, mid table, a possible push for promotion or a flirt with relegation. 

Perhaps Mr. Webber is not as good as he thinks. I do not think that he will be going to a big club overseas in a year or two... as he wanted at the start of the season. He will be here or will move on to a Leeds etc.

Wishing you all a lovely day and rest of the season. At least we are not Ipswich...! Not much to shout about ‘down’ there.

OTBC

Ps. I was NOT being rude about Lakey. I love his optimism but he (and others) do need to take off the rose tinted spectacles once in a while! Just for balance.

Edited by yellow_belly

1 minute ago, yellow_belly said:

Ps. I was NOT being rude about Lakey. I love his optimism but he (and others) do need to take off the rose tinted spectacles once in a while! Just for balance.

But without his and others optimism, this board would not be balanced, would it? 😉

3 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

But without his and others optimism, this board would not be balanced, would it? 😉

Its not optimism from him though is it It’s blind faith without questioning the club and it ownership/running in any way.

As opposed t

2 hours ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Its not optimism from him though is it It’s blind faith without questioning the club and it ownership/running in any way.

As opposed to your well documented blind faith in defeats and failures. Blind faith that has been proved just as unfounded as any other blind faith on this board.

Lakey yet to read this post usually after 4 hours he has responded to each poster, give it time 

1 hour ago, pete said:

Lakey yet to read this post usually after 4 hours he has responded to each poster, give it time 

You forgot to mention that somebody will be along to accuse the OP of being a Binner.

9 hours ago, yellow_belly said:

Hi, 

I have been reading through various posts on this site and it is rather depressing and very predictable.

Take Lakey for an example... sniping at the use of (poor) grammar by a poster (dilemma-gate) and expressing his thoughts about how NCFC are future world beaters. In truth, we are not.

NCFC are a safe little club with little ambition. Yes, we play some good football at points, but we are rooted at the bottom of the table for good reason. Even MOTD cannot be bothered to talk about us anymore. This season is our worst year in the league. Period. Even Lakey can not argue with this. (Perhaps it sounds excellent on the Radio or on the BBC in match statistics... yes we do have lots of the ball Lake man!)

However, we cannot expect more. The club has bought cheap, crossed our fingers (for another Pukki) and stuck to our principles (yes the Plan A / no Plan B debate!). 

Saint Delia Etc have never achieved much really and Nephew Tom is not the messiah... his is just a very lucky boy. (Who will sell when he gets the chance because he has very little personal wealth). 

However, accepting what we are... makes going to the games acceptable. We are a nice club, it is just football and it is a nice place to spend/waste a couple of hours with friends and family. In the great scheme of things it really is not that important.  We are not a Liverpool, Leicester or even a Sheffield United!

Here’s to the Championship next season. (I can’t see us winning every other game to have a chance to stay up). More games, more wins?!, mid table, a possible push for promotion or a flirt with relegation. 

Perhaps Mr. Webber is not as good as he thinks. I do not think that he will be going to a big club overseas in a year or two... as he wanted at the start of the season. He will be here or will move on to a Leeds etc.

Wishing you all a lovely day and rest of the season. At least we are not Ipswich...! Not much to shout about ‘down’ there.

OTBC

Tl;dr

11 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Tl;dr

All you need to know in the first sentence “it is rather depressing and very predictable