Sign in to follow this  
John Boubepo

Big Performance

According to Worthy, via the press he''s expecting a big performance from Wee Paul [scape goat] McVeigh, instead of putting public pressure on one of our performing players, why not concentrate on  those who have yet to perform - ever!

yet another eason i think Wee paul wont be here next season... he is playing for his place and a contract.. Worthers doesnt want to give him it.. so Wee paul is playing his hardest in the hope of impressing a new club in the summer so when he does depart he is snapped up quickly....

why isnt worthy telling the slackers in the squad to pull their finger out??? where was this sort of talk when Deano went through his 11 game lean spell?

jas :)

Thanks for the compliment Rudolf, that has to be the first one since I''ve been posting here, it makes a nice change compared to the usual abusive derisive, insults which get hurled my way  ha ha!

Here''s Johnie!!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

yet another eason i think Wee paul wont be here next season... he is playing for his place and a contract.. Worthers doesnt want to give him it.. so Wee paul is playing his hardest in the hope of impressing a new club in the summer so when he does depart he is snapped up quickly....

why isnt worthy telling the slackers in the squad to pull their finger out??? where was this sort of talk when Deano went through his 11 game lean spell?

jas :)

[/quote]

How about asking for a big performance from Etuhu - well lets start low eh just a performance then.....

That is one way of viewing it John. Another is to see it as an acknowledgement of what an important part WLY has played in the recent improved results. I read it more as a hope that the suspension had benefited the player and that he''d help our creativity.Still, I sometimes need poking in the eye to recognise peoples back-handed compliments (what with being such a straightforward sort of bloke and all!) [;)]

i believe the opposite jas, i dont think WLY would sign another City contract, but not because there isnt one on offer. WLY may have won worthy manager of the month, but in my book he''s playing for a contract at a different club and would to give worthy the bird.only time will tell, but i wouldnt bet on him being here in July.