Van wink

The Dianne Abbott thread

Diane Abbott wrote on Twitter: “Allegations come from former parliamentary official David Leakey. He had been a Lieutenant General who served in Germany, Northern Ireland and Bosnia. But claims he was bullied (i.e. intimidated and coerced) by John Bercow. Unlikely.”

:classic_biggrin:

46 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Leakey sounds a bit of a whiner though Winky.🤢 It is true what she says. Leakey has nothing to do with the commons.

Fully agree, what amused me was the criticism she is getting from the PC brigade, sort of hoisted on her own petard.

Fully agree, what amused me was the criticism she is getting from the PC brigade, sort of hoisted on her own petard.

She should keep her head down though. She will get it wrong sometime and bring everyone down on her head. She should not be allowed near a keyboard or microphone.

I mean this in the nicest possible way - I think she has health issues that are affecting her ability to work. I don't take the p out of her these days because of this. I think she ought to step back from front line politics

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

I mean this in the nicest possible way - I think she has health issues that are affecting her ability to work. I don't take the p out of her these days because of this. I think she ought to step back from front line politics

Its hard to say to be honest RTB, she has never been the most rational individual. 

It is a pretty ****ty take from her- the idea someone couldn't have been bullied because they have a military background is ridiculous.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, king canary said:

It is a pretty ****ty take from her- the idea someone couldn't have been bullied because they have a military background is ridiculous.

The sort of off the cuff remark she made is often quite revealing, just shows that those who are often the first to call out others for apparent prejudice might benefit from occasionally looking inside themselves.

36 minutes ago, Van wink said:

The sort of off the cuff remark she made is often quite revealing, just shows that those who are often the first to call out others for apparent prejudice might benefit from occasionally looking inside themselves.

I generally have quite a bit of sympathy for Abbott- she gets dogs abuse, far more than any other MP and an awful lot of it is horribly racist. However she often doesn't help herself.

What I find most frustrating in all of this though is how it highlights a wider issue- an ability for people to admit they are wrong and say sorry. She's deleted the tweet but not apologised, not posted a follow up saying sorry for a poorly thought out post and instead will likely just dig down until this is mostly forgotten.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Leakey sounds a bit of a whiner though Winky.🤢 It is true what she says. Leakey has nothing to do with the commons.

Lefties always want to shoot the messenger.....

31 minutes ago, king canary said:

I generally have quite a bit of sympathy for Abbott- she gets dogs abuse, far more than any other MP and an awful lot of it is horribly racist. However she often doesn't help herself.

What I find most frustrating in all of this though is how it highlights a wider issue- an ability for people to admit they are wrong and say sorry. She's deleted the tweet but not apologised, not posted a follow up saying sorry for a poorly thought out post and instead will likely just dig down until this is mostly forgotten.

She shouldn't be an MP as she brings parliament into contempt and ridicule. One saving grace is that she and her party will never have any real power for a long long time if at all.  

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

I remember that time she wrote a load of racist bollox in the Telegraph and all those that pretend to be anti racist ignored it. 

29 minutes ago, paul moy said:

She shouldn't be an MP as she brings parliament into contempt and ridicule. One saving grace is that she and her party will never have any real power for a long long time if at all.  

I don't think she does it to any more extent than a number of figures across a number of parties.

Lefties always want to shoot the messenger.....

Thing is Paul, Leakey, like you is  of no importance. It must rankle that Bercow broke Tory ranks and was impartial. "Bleddy Traitor, send  him orf to the colonies"
And unlike you, Diane Abbott has a good heart and is concerned for those underprivileged rather than the distain you have for them.

42 minutes ago, Herman said:

I remember that time she wrote a load of racist bollox in the Telegraph and all those that pretend to be anti racist ignored it. 

What was all that about?