Sign in to follow this  
Essjayo

Hypothetical Question...

Afternoon All

If you were to win the Euromillions jackpot tonight would you invest some the £85 million in our club?

I''d definitely donate at least £5m on the conditions that they spent it all on Transfers and Wages, and I got a seat on the board and a season ticket for life.

Yes, but I''d expect to be allowed to purchase some of Delia & Michael''s shareholding. I think it''s unhealthy for them to have overall control. Geoffrey Watling expressed the desire that no individual be in this position after he bought out Big Fat Bob.The next question is How much? I reckon I could spare £25 mill - £35 mill (with a decent shareholding) to clear some debt (most is already well-financed) and make sure we could add 6, or 7 quality players - maybe even a right-winger?

With £85m I would hope the club would accept some significant donation from me to go towards the playing budget - would not be interested in owning or becoming a director - would take away from being a terrace fan and would want to poke my nose into teh managers activities too much.....

Maybe I would currently add a condition - an additional sum to match paying off Worthys contract 

[:D]  ONLY KIDDING - BEFORE I GET TOO MANY ABUSIVE RESPONSES  [:D]  [:D]  [:D]  [:D]  [:D]  [:D] 

First I''d buy Tahn, relocate them to a field outside Milton Keynes and change their name. Then I''d sell that lot for £1 and donate enough money for the club to build the second tier on the City stand, to be called the Tumbleweed (Rather Windy Up Here) Enclosure..

An interesting question because when I heard news of the jackpot last night I mentioned to the wife that we could probably buy Norwich City ........ and have enough over to buy Ipswich as well!

You can bet what you like that somewhere down the line - if you were indeed fortunate enough to win that sort of cash - that investment in a club like Norwich would not be a straightforward affair.

I believe the lottery laws include something like income tax being paid on gifts - that is why syndicates are formed. And that could only be the tip of the iceberg.

Then again, imagine you decide to give the club £20 million to invest in players .. that would buy, say, four class players(?). So you have four class players and seven Championship workhorses? Would any class player want to come? And when the £20 million runs out will there be more forthcoming?

Okay, say the club invest the whole amount. What would they do with the money in future? Buy another workhorse out of the interest?

What would/could they do with the money?

if i won 85m, i''d buy the club, install myself as chairman, naturally, put wizard in as manager, zlf as first team coach, rankin as motivational guru, rude old as community relations, A1 as PR head,  and load ole squit as chief steward.we''d be back in the prem by end of the season!

i wouldnt.. id buy a smaller club and try and make them big actually.. io could never buy Norwich... my heart would rule my head too much...

i have Family who live in basingstoke, so would consider buying them...

jas :)

I would invest a huge amount in norwic city, In wouldnt know how too spend 20 million, i reckon 40 million could be affordable, i would want shares but wouldnt want to be on the board directly as it wouldnr be as fun.

Only on condition I could buy out the Smiths, sack Worthy and Doncaster, and headhunt Burley!, then I''d invest 30 million in the club maybe, at my age, a million is easily enough for personal use!!.