Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Jamie Cureton Looking For Yet Another Club.

Keep going as long as you can. Makes a difference to so many nowadays who seem in it for the money as much as (or more than) the love of playing. 

If he promises to dye his hair green again he can come back here as an emergency striking option. Farke could give him three minutes at the end of a match so he could break John Burridge's record for the oldest player in the premier league... 😉

5 minutes ago, Grando said:

If he promises to dye his hair green again he can come back here as an emergency striking option. Farke could give him three minutes at the end of a match so he could break John Burridge's record for the oldest player in the premier league... 😉

I would look forward to the comments on here that Farke was making the substitution too early if that happened. 😉

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He isn't "looking for another club", he has already joined an "unnamed club", which is what it says in the article you linked in! 

Thanks Mr Pedantic.

Shame. He was just down the road from me & I kept meaning to pop down & see him play. 

Another one of life's opportunities missed  : - (

On 04/02/2020 at 21:38, Nuff Said said:

I would look forward to the comments on here that Farke was making the substitution too early if that happened. 😉

Would be making the sub 22 years too late! 😂

3 hours ago, BobLoz3 said:

Would be making the sub 22 years too late! 😂

What’s new

17 hours ago, daly said:

What’s new

Kinda the joke, yeah.

For the record. I ain't particulalrly bothered by the late subs. Did it last season too. Alright, we're in an entirely different league and players get tired a bit quicker due to the way some other teams make us chase around to get the ball back. So perhaps in some instances it's warranted.

But I've always felt that if we look like we're in a game and about to get something out of it with the players already out on the pitch, why make subs? It often upsets the balance (I've seen that happen to us on more than one occasion).

In that regard, it's a poisoned chalice for Farke. He can't really win. Make subs too late... gets moaned at. Make subs earlier but rhythm of play changes completely... gets moaned at.