Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Little things in football that annoy you more than they should...

36 minutes ago, Lessingham Canary said:

3 little things that annoy me;

Ipswich Town

Fans that criticize other fans

Fans that tell fans how they should behave. 

Binner

• Like 1

1. 3pm not being the time 99% of football matches are played

2. The decline of the FA cup due to the big corporate clubs being more interested in cash bonus and European super Leagues

3. All other clubs fully stop

4. The gentrification of football

5. Drums, flags, goal music... See above

58 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

2. The decline of the FA cup due to the big corporate clubs being more interested in cash bonus and European super Leagues

I get what you're saying, but Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs (and Leicester) are all through to the 5th round. 

I do agree though that the FA Cup doesn't 'feel' like it used to.  Semi-finals at Wembley, no replays from 5th round onwards, managers and teams not being there for the replay.  Final often kicking off at 5pm or something daft like that.

People who go on football forums claiming not to care about Philip Schofield yet having to post that they don’t care

If you don’t care about a topic, don’t post. The clue to that latest thread was in its title. The fact people still click on it, read it and then decide to comment on it says more about them than the OP.

The inevitable “How many will Liverpool win by / Salah score ? “ type threads that will start appearing on here next week .
Really presses my buttons .

Edited by Pockthorpe
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Pockthorpe said:

The inevitable “How many will Liverpool win by / Salah score ? “ threads that will start appearing next week . 
Presses my buttons .

Tempting. 😇

• Haha 1

On 06/02/2020 at 09:41, hogesar said:

Oh there's a fan who sits two rows in front of me and looks like a beaver. That's not annoying in itself apart from when it's raining and I expect him to build a dam to keep us all safe from floods.

What does irritate me is he's had the same seat for 3 or 4 years yet every other home game or so he'll come down our row and realise he's in the wrong place....again. He even has a mate who gets to the match before him who he could use as a marker if he couldn't remember he was row A. Did I point that out? He's THE FIRST ROW AND HE GETS IT WRONG EVERY OTHER HOME GAME.

Apologies, rant over.

Can I just reiterate how annoying this is. To clarify, he isnt an elderly person getting confused. Hes probably about 30.

Although maybe that is senile in beaver years.

Technically gifted professional footballers being consistently unable to beat the first man at corners.

Co-commentators who preface comments with "Listen" or "For me".

Players who try to ride a tackle in the penalty area and staying on their feet literally never getting a penalty.

Players getting castigated for "inciting the fans" after having been given dog's abuse by thousands of people all afternoon. Grow a pair.

When NCFC fans decide it's a good look to chant "We shoot burglars" (thankfully on the wane now, it seems).

Edited by Feedthewolf

And stupid haircuts.

Which reminds me of an anecdote. I popped into a barbers shop in Wymondham and Darren Huckerby was in the chair getting a damn ugly badger stripe down the centre of his head with little lozenge-shaped cutouts on the side. When Darren had finished and whilst putting on his jacket, the barber indicated to me to sit in the big chair and asked me how I wanted it styled.

I said in a very loud voice "I don't care how you cut it", pointing at Mr. H. "As long as it doesn't look like that!"

People who give up their season tickets to their big club supporting mates to sit in the home end 

I’d have them tarred and feathered and marched through Norwich.

2 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

People who give up their season tickets to their big club supporting mates to sit in the home end 

I’d have them tarred and feathered and marched through Norwich.

I would be right beside you on that one.

People who moan about people who eat in the stands during a minutes silence

Also, miss not being able to have a fag in the ground

1 hour ago, PAUL said:

People who moan about people who eat in the stands during a minutes silence

Also, miss not being able to have a fag in the ground

Eating during a minutes silence is as disrespectful as  talking....I take it you are not an ex serviceman, firefighter  , copper or nurse . Otherwise youd understand .

As far as the fags go.  I am a dedicated  smoker and have no trouble lasting a couple of hours without  one. You do realise that ciggies are only enjoyable  BECAUSE YOU ARE ADDICTED.  It's a vile habit and to my shame I took it up again after 3 years without. Non smokers should not be subjected  to our pollution of a common space.

7 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Eating during a minutes silence is as disrespectful as  talking....I take it you are not an ex serviceman, firefighter  , copper or nurse . Otherwise youd understand .

As far as the fags go.  I am a dedicated  smoker and have no trouble lasting a couple of hours without  one. You do realise that ciggies are only enjoyable  BECAUSE YOU ARE ADDICTED.  It's a vile habit and to my shame I took it up again after 3 years without. Non smokers should not be subjected  to our pollution of a common space.

If that is the case why do the concourse staff serve right up to the silence?

9 minutes ago, PAUL said:

If that is the case why do the concourse staff serve right up to the silence?

Because you are less important  than the minutes silence.  One minute.   One minute of respect and  consideration for  those that by their deeds have secured your right to moan about having that minutes silence. Bring back national service  I say, and if you're  a conscientious  objector  then changing nappies in an old folks home  for the equivalent  period would do some no harm at all. 

Is your Burger really that delicious that you can't  wait one minute? If so then god knows  what your palate  is used to......probably destroyed by the fags. 

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Because you are less important  than the minutes silence.  One minute.   One minute of respect and  consideration for  those that by their deeds have secured your right to moan about having that minutes silence. Bring back national service  I say, and if you're  a conscientious  objector  then changing nappies in an old folks home  for the equivalent  period would do some no harm at all. 

Is your Burger really that delicious that you can't  wait one minute? If so then god knows  what your palate  is used to......probably destroyed by the fags. 

I never moan about minutes silences but I don't want my burger to go cold by just standing there holding it, plus there would be others eating around, and I used to smoke a during minutes silence back in my teens when smoking was allowed in the ground! 

7 minutes ago, PAUL said:

I never moan about minutes silences but I don't want my burger to go cold by just standing there holding it, plus there would be others eating around, and I used to smoke a during minutes silence back in my teens when smoking was allowed in the ground! 

I'm wasting my time here, playing Handball with a Haystack. I bid you a good and obviously simple, day.

Specific to Norwich? Having an away kit at all. Just throw a white T-shirt in the kit bag for Wolves away and have done with it.