Sign in to follow this  
Muffles

We need to talk about Carlton....

Is it fair to say, that at 24, and after many loan spells, he's not going to cut it at Norwich and let him go?

Yeah I am quite sure he'll be off in the summer. Probs to MK

Shame. When he was younger, I always thought he might make it here.

Edited by BobLoz3

Might be one of these players that might mature later in years 

I think he needs to Leave and find a club that is his that he will play for in the 1st team 

Loans are ok but it never is your club 

Feel for Carlton as he’s had some rough injuries that have no doubt stunted his footballing development at Carrow Rd. If I’m honest, I don’t think it will be with us sadly, it’s not really happened for him, but I hope he goes on to have a really decent career, and I’m sure he will 👍🏼

Carlton spent alot of time being mentored by Holty, his game is not entirely dissimilar. 

Holt didn't start young either. 

Looked very  promising during the FA youth cup run. Just seems to be another player that wont reach the level if his Parent Club, he'll  hopefully  have a decent career as a lge  one poss lower Champs  player. The lower leagues  are well stocked with  players that started at bigger Clubs,  no shame just a shame,  as I had high hopes  for CM  a few years ago.  Good luck to the lad.

Isn't doing us any good keeping him and loaning him out. And while it might be financially better for him to be on our books, in reality, that isn't the clubs problem.

4 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Isn't doing us any good keeping him and loaning him out. And while it might be financially better for him to be on our books, in reality, that isn't the clubs problem.

We're making money loaning players out. It's not a charity, there's substantial loan fees plus the players wages are paid.

It's a lucrative business, why do you think Chelski had all those players on loan around the country. 

When we sell Pukki in the summer and Drmic's agent finds him an escape route back to rhe continent, Morris and Idah will be the only strikers on the books to launch our promotion onslaught!......wouldnt be saying the goodbyes just yet

14 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

When we sell Pukki in the summer and Drmic's agent finds him an escape route back to rhe continent, Morris and Idah will be the only strikers on the books to launch our promotion onslaught!......wouldnt be saying the goodbyes just yet

Highly doubt Pukki will leave this summer.
While he has done well so far this season - I don’t think he’s done enough to make any clubs offer Norwich what they’ll demand for him. Especially considering he’ll be turning 30 next month. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Best of luck to him whatever happens. 

Has been doing well the past few games so who knows. 

Perhaps Russell Martin's MK Don's will be like Ron Ashman's Scunthorpe of old. 

16 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Well... absolutely no way we'll be doing that but just keep on pushing the narrative why don't ya?

23 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

While he has done well so far this season - I don’t think he’s done enough to make any clubs offer Norwich what they’ll demand for him. Especially considering he’ll be turning 30 next month. 

Always thought he 'd be  staying, he's found a home here, got married( dont forget his wife played a big part in him coming) and is a total hero at CR for most.  I know there's the old line about who'd turn down one last payday, something in my gut tells me that man is Teemu Pukki. His lack of headed goals is also viewed , I'd expect, as a 10 to 15 % reduction in his value as an alround striker. Think and hope he'll stay.

PS Bethno, who are the johnny big bollixs in the club that you mentioned a week or so back? You can't just say they are there with such authority......and not name them. Its teasing.

We'll obviously lose a couple for big money if we go down, but I think a fair portion of that will be used to raise the wage structure enabling players like Pukki to earn somewhere close to what he would if he moved. Wouldn't be surprised to see another huge promotion bonus put in place too.

12 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

Another top performance yesterday. 

Didn't know McGrandles is now at MKDons 

He's been there for two and a half years now. For every Ben Godfrey there's a Connor McGrandles or a Tristran Abrahams. 

On 06/02/2020 at 11:41, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

See I think there'll be plenty of interest but it'll be as a back up or rotation striker and Pukki will decide for his Finland prospects he should be playing regularly.

18 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

See I think there'll be plenty of interest but it'll be as a back up or rotation striker and Pukki will decide for his Finland prospects he should be playing regularly.

I just can’t see it. 

How many clubs would seriously want to sign him? I’m not knocking him as a player but don’t feel he is the hot property many Norwich fans believe him to be. 

Most clubs want to target players younger than 30 (I can barely think of one signing of an over 30 player made by a Prem team this season) and I don’t think any clubs will want to spend the £20m+ that Norwich will probably demand for Pukki, if they only intend to use him as a back up. 

I could see someone like Palace wanting to sign him, but they would never spend the fee Norwich could command for Pukki. 

As for the Finnish team; I think his place is pretty much guaranteed for the foreseeable future, whether he is a regular starter or not. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I just can’t see it. 

How many clubs would seriously want to sign him? I’m not knocking him as a player but don’t feel he is the hot property many Norwich fans believe him to be. 

Most clubs want to target players younger than 30 (I can barely think of one signing of an over 30 player made by a Prem team this season) and I don’t think any clubs will want to spend the £20m+ that Norwich will probably demand for Pukki, if they only intend to use him as a back up. 

I could see someone like Palace wanting to sign him, but they would never spend the fee Norwich could command for Pukki. 

As for the Finnish team; I think his place is pretty much guaranteed for the foreseeable future, whether he is a regular starter or not. 

Yep. This.

It was the same reason nobody was ever going to take Holt off us back in the day- he was worth far more to us than any team would be willing to pay for a player of his age.

The only way I could see it happening is a bigger team getting an injury crisis such as happened with Man U this winter.

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yep. This.

It was the same reason nobody was ever going to take Holt off us back in the day- he was worth far more to us than any team would be willing to pay for a player of his age.

The only way I could see it happening is a bigger team getting an injury crisis such as happened with Man U this winter.

Agree. 

This could of course all look different in January- if we're sitting 12th in the Championship and a club like Palace or Brighton wants a striker with a proven track record then we may need to sell.

2 hours ago, king canary said:

This could of course all look different in January- if we're sitting 12th in the Championship and a club like Palace or Brighton wants a striker with a proven track record then we may need to sell.

Imaginary Scenario No 2.

Or he could do a hammy real bad and be out for months. Drmic stays fit and bangs in 20 by the turn of the year, we're top, stay there and can just chill and wait for Pukki to be fully fit again for the Finsl push and prem.