Sign in to follow this  
0peteddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

Welcome mat out forAdie

Adie Boothroyd the promising young Watford manager previously only Academy Manager with City, who left rather acrimoniously at the time is to be given a warm reception apparently.

Suggest you give young Adie a rapturous reception he could fall back in love with City and would be an ideal replacement, should our leader decide to jump ship.  Provided the Hornets fall away as we must wish for if City are to make the Play Offs, others seem set to make PO''s.

I have not watched Watford recently so I am not in a position to say how well Boothroyd has got his team playing.  I don''t know why he left, possibly because he suggested a run out in the first team for some of the youngsters, but I''m sure if he had stayed he could well have been a candidate for manager.

Steve Foley has said judge us at the end of the season, and perhaps we should also judge Boothroyd at the end of the season.  For the time being  however, we have an ex academy manager with very little experience, who has taken Watford, who were not the bookies favourite, to 4th in the league.  On the other hand we have an experienced ex Premiership manager, who has taken City, who were the bookies favourites to go straight back up, to a modest 10th in the league. 

Given the choice at this time I think I would pick Boothroyd as the manager more likely to get his team into the Premiership.

[quote user="silver fox"]

I don''t know why he left, possibly because he suggested a run out in the first team for some of the youngsters, but I''m sure if he had stayed he could well have been a candidate for manager.

[/quote]

Hi silver fox - he is another who will get a warm welcome from me - seemed to be doing well until the  acrimonious departure reputedly linked to, allegedly, a difference in views on youth and tactics and so I was a little surprised at the ''warm'' welcome on offer from the club.

Its pretty clear he wont be coming back here though - 6 months is not enough to judge how good a manager he is (at that stage people were talking of John Gregory as a future England manager!) but things do look promising for him

[quote user="chocolate nutter"]Don''t thing i will give him a warm welcome as he slagged us off in the press and radio today said we are a back water with no forward thinking !!!!!!!!.[/quote]

The way a talent like him was treated by nigel worthington and the management of this club was absolutely pathetic and was a disgrace. i''m afraid the norwich staff, woorthington, doomcaster etc wouldnt recognize good coach if one came up and punched them in the face He was right too slag us off in my opinion. Who would you rather have Boothroyd and say williams or a livermore/foley combination? Foley, livermore and webb are all clueless and when worthy eventually goes they have togo with him.

I hold Mr Boothroyd in great esteem. I also will applaud Malky........I will ''boo'' and blow raspberries and shake my fist at the snakepit and the Barclay, and then waddle away quickly - to the safe haven that is the Cathedral Lounge! "C''mon ''ave a go if yer think yer ''ard enuff!" 

Welcome Adie & Malky OTBC ;~)

we could use the same mat as i do for the mother-in-law- it took me ages to scrub the welcome signs off!

To be fair, hardly anyone recognised Boothroyds skills when he was with us, so as per usual, there are loads of "..in hindsight.." posts.

So Matt, he was a great talent was he?? How many youth team players have come up through the ranks in the last 5 years?

His record at Watford is hardly as unbelieavble as everyone makes out.

TeamFromToGamesWonLostDrawn
Watford 29-03-2005 Present  40171211

A bright young manager and coach edged out by old and inferior men who now try to convince us they wanted to keep him. Boothroyd is top notch and I would have him instead of Worthington any day.

Adie Boothroyd was and I no doubt still is a fantastic coach.  His reasons for leaving Norwich at the time were ambitiuos ones, and to have ambition cannot be faulted.  The only problem was that the then Academy Director Sammy Morgan and Adie had different views.  Hence Morgan left soon after Adie.  Worthy was furious at the time and probably still is, but all that aside I doubt if Adie Boothroyd would stilll be at Norwich in Doug Livermore or Steve Foleys position. He was always destined to become a manager.  I think if you asked the older scholars who has had the most infuluence on their football I think a huge majority would all say Adie Boothroyd.

I think he deserves a warm reception tomorrow and I am sure that anybody who had any dealings with the man whilst he was here would feel the same and will give him the reception he deserves.