Sign in to follow this  
TCCANARY

Klopp understands modern football

55 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

It hasnt been the flagship cup in the UK for many many years. Why do top teams actually play their second string and/or younger players. That tells you something!

and players “are” to overworked. Our own manager says so, and he is one of those who advocated a winter break.

Have Shrewsbury complained. No. And did the youngsters of Liverpool lose? No

what difference did Klopp not being there make to Shrewsbury or Liverpool?

was the crowd smaller? No. The argument you make are is futile when we have our own manager (also German) making the same noises as Klopp. Take off the rose tinted spectacles!!

Why are you arguing against points I'm not even making?

Why does Farke's opinion on whether we need a winter break have any bearing on whether Klopp disrespected Shrewsbury and the FA Cup by not even bothering turning up for a HOME match? This is bearing in Farke played a strong line-up away at Preston and even went to the effort of getting in the dug-out and managing his team. Given how desperate we are for points, I am fairly surprised you think his and JK's actions are comparable.

In addition, we played more games last season and seemed to do alright with regards to fitness.

I do find it interesting that you seem to be desperate to deflect from the core point of whether the top teams and managers should respect both the FA Cup, and the smaller opponents within it, in an attempt to protect the latest media darling Jurgen Klopp from any and all criticism. Why?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

You are completely deluded - the side Farke put out at Burnley were FIRST TEAM players! A SENIOR side. Liverpool’s were an U23 team, and that’s being generous at best! There is no comparison whatsoever. What part of that do you not understand? Or is your 2nd City Liverpool?

Deluded I may be, I’m no Liverpool supporter, but u23 or senior squad, they are professional footballers. So we didn’t have an under 23 striker score a hat trick at Preston. And no my second city is not Liverpool? Why are you all bleating is more to the point? You are condemning a manager who stuck by his players in a winter break?

Let’s put it this way, you are informed in April 2019 that you will be taking a break from your job in February 2020. So you go out and book a holiday for you and your family. Then your manager turns round and states ‘you can’t  have it now, we have something else to do’! 

And  I’m the only deluded one!

9 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Deluded I may be, I’m no Liverpool supporter, but u23 or senior squad, they are professional footballers. So we didn’t have an under 23 striker score a hat trick at Preston. And no my second city is not Liverpool? Why are you all bleating is more to the point? You are condemning a manager who stuck by his players in a winter break?

Let’s put it this way, you are informed in April 2019 that you will be taking a break from your job in February 2020. So you go out and book a holiday for you and your family. Then your manager turns round and states ‘you can’t  have it now, we have something else to do’! 

And  I’m the only deluded one!

Sorry, did I say there shouldn’t be a winter break then? Good luck trying to draw me into a disagreement about something I’m not disagreeing about. As Ian also alluded to above.

I’m actually questioning how closely you follow us now because unless your head has been in the sand for the last 6 or so months, Adam Idah was promoted to our senior side this season. Yes, a first team member. 

Your initial post quite clearly stated that our manager is treating it with the same contempt and disrespect as Liverpool’s. The lineups are there for all to see, and that’s why I said you’re talking nonsense, because it’s simply not true. Newcastle etc managed to have plenty of their big guns on the bench, and played nearly all first team players - even Steve Bruce was there. And I have no doubt that even another day later into the break, Spurs and Southampton will play decent teams. And tomorrow those boys will probably go and take a week relaxing in Dubai or Miami etc. The teams Norwich and Liverpool have both put out are not even close to being comparable, jeez, not even the managers, so your argument that Farke is treating it with the same derision and disrespect as Klopp is just complete and utter bullshoite, sorry.

Well I for one am glad they won, I don’t have an agenda against them anyway and think they and Klopp have taken a lot of unwarranted clog over the last week and a half. 

1 minute ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Well I for one am glad they won, I don’t have an agenda against them anyway and think they and Klopp have taken a lot of unwarranted clog over the last week and a half. 

Steady. You’ll devalue the competition lol, but I completely agree with you.

• Like 1

Dislike Klopp, dislike Liverpool even more. Although from purely footballing terms they're a great team to watch.

Not that bothered what Liverpool do or don't do tbh. But I will just say that the date for last night's fixture was in the calendar long before Liverpool registered their players for the competition.

Loved the opening post btw🙃

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Sorry, did I say there shouldn’t be a winter break then? Good luck trying to draw me into a disagreement about something I’m not disagreeing about. As Ian also alluded to above.

I’m actually questioning how closely you follow us now because unless your head has been in the sand for the last 6 or so months, Adam Idah was promoted to our senior side this season. Yes, a first team member. 

Your initial post quite clearly stated that our manager is treating it with the same contempt and disrespect as Liverpool’s. The lineups are there for all to see, and that’s why I said you’re talking nonsense, because it’s simply not true. Newcastle etc managed to have plenty of their big guns on the bench, and played nearly all first team players - even Steve Bruce was there. And I have no doubt that even another day later into the break, Spurs and Southampton will play decent teams. And tomorrow those boys will probably go and take a week relaxing in Dubai or Miami etc. The teams Norwich and Liverpool have both put out are not even close to being comparable, jeez, not even the managers, so your argument that Farke is treating it with the same derision and disrespect as Klopp is just complete and utter bullshoite, sorry.

Adam Idah a first team member. Really. How many has he scored for the u23s?

i did not state Farke or Klopp  is treating the FA cup with disrespect at all. That seems to be what many others on this forum are stating in respect of Klopp as he did not attend the cup replay involving his team. Its not nonsense. I personally do not see the argument at all. He did it for a reason, which I personally feel was right for his current first team and the club, which I personally feel Farke (one  of Klopps close friends by the way)  would do too if it came to it at NCFC. The premiership is not aligned to the FA, and the premiership bosses wanted a winter break. They got it and Klopp was merely protecting that. If he hadn’t would the premiership get that winter break in the future as other major European leagues do?

Liverpool should be thrown out of the FA Cup for the side they put out last night and their managers utter contempt for the competition. Have always despised them, This season with us getting relegated and them likely to win the league is pretty much as bad as it can get (although admittedly our relegation this season is not hitting me as hard as some have done in the past as I can see us still being string next season).

22 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

i did not state Farke or Klopp  is treating the FA cup with disrespect at all. That seems to be what many others on this forum are stating in respect of Klopp as he did not attend the cup replay involving his team. Its not nonsense. I personally do not see the argument at all. He did it for a reason, which I personally feel was right for his current first team and the club, which I personally feel Farke (one  of Klopps close friends by the way)  would do too if it came to it at NCFC. The premiership is not aligned to the FA, and the premiership bosses wanted a winter break. They got it and Klopp was merely protecting that. If he hadn’t would the premiership get that winter break in the future as other major European leagues do?

As you well know Idah was the only fit and available striker we had at the club for that match and indeed at Old Trafford in the league the following Saturday. Clearly had Drmic been fit he would have played as he would have been our fittest senior striker.

The sides we put out in the Cup were, aside from Idah, made up of regular first team starters. There is no comparison with Liverpool's approach and given they have already got the league in the bag arguably there is more justification for us resting players than them.

• Like 1

Sorry. It is just giving in every time. The beautiful game as Pele called it is being diminished by players and coaches. And no-one is prepared to stand up and say, haven't you got enough?

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

As you well know Idah was the only fit and available striker we had at the club for that match and indeed at Old Trafford in the league the following Saturday. Clearly had Drmic been fit he would have played as he would have been our fittest senior striker.

The sides we put out in the Cup were, aside from Idah, made up of regular first team starters. There is no comparison with Liverpool's approach and given they have already got the league in the bag arguably there is more justification for us resting players than them.

It isn’t about resting players at all. Premier league chiefs voted two seasons ago to have a winter break (as Europe do) to give players the opportunity to rest from the hectic football schedule they have.

Klopp was indeed, in fact,  upholding what the premier league voted for, the opportunity to rest his players and first team staff. What is the problem?!

Well I still don't see why Klopp or the Premier League didn't complain when this fixture was put in the calendar last summer. 

1 hour ago, City 2nd said:

Farke (one  of Klopps close friends by the way) 

Strange, I seem to remember Farke  saying he knew him but not to assume that he knew him  well ( Dortmund time) as they had very little time at the Club at the same time. This was during our first Champs season  under Farke  when he was asked if his " connections to klopp" meant that we'd be well placed to get liverpool players on loan......Farke dismissed it.

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Strange, I seem to remember Farke  saying he knew him but not to assume that he knew him  well ( Dortmund time) as they had very little time at the Club at the same time. This was during our first Champs season  under Farke  when he was asked if his " connections to klopp" meant that we'd be well placed to get liverpool players on loan......Farke dismissed it.

Yeah. I think it was actually said that although they both worked at Dortmund they were no t there at the same time and had, up until the meeting this season, never met each other. Maybe they are close Facebook friends...

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JF said:

Yeah. I think it was actually said that although they both worked at Dortmund they were no t there at the same time and had, up until the meeting this season, never met each other. Maybe they are close Facebook friends...

👍maybe theyve become best buddies since we beat man city, now they pretty much have the league wrapped up maybe it's time to return the favour and play his fa cup team v us.😉

Edited by wcorkcanary

I’ve several similar close Facebook friends, most of them attractive Russian women that I’ve never met but find in my friend request list. We are proper close though...

Just now, JF said:

I’ve several similar close Facebook friends, most of them attractive Russian women that I’ve never met but find in my friend request list. We are proper close though...

Youd be closer if you were a footy player on 40 k+  a week. As mrs Merton asked debbie McGee " just what was it you found so attractive about the multi millionaire Paul Daniels. "

Plenty of pretty  average looking players have rather striking wags.  Maybe the young rich men also have great sense of humour, sparkling personality , love long walks and cuddles by a log fire.....you know that's what they really want. 

• Like 1

It isn’t about resting players at all. Premier league chiefs voted two seasons ago to have a winter break (as Europe do) to give players the opportunity to rest from the hectic football schedule they have.

Klopp was indeed, in fact,  upholding what the premier league voted for, the opportunity to rest his players and first team staff. What is the problem?!

It is called the FA Cup, that is why if you enter it, you abide the rules. If the EPL want a break, fair enough. But if you put  out a weakened team in the FA Cup, and end up with a replay, don't blame anyone but yourself.
What is the next thing? 90 minutes is too much. No extra time? The anguish players go through after a penalty shoot out?

1 hour ago, City 2nd said:

He’s hiding behind the winter break thing though isn’t he. They still have 11 days til they play  us.

He picked a team which won the game and kept a clean sheet. And in front of a capacity crowd. 

Unfortunately the Premier League has pretty much destroyed the domestic cups up to the final stages, the rewards for league placing and Europe are so enormous that players will always be rested for early rounds, even Championship sides do it. The argument that ‘players shouldn’t get tired’ is a valid one but if you want them to be at their freshest and sharpest at the business end of the season they will need resting earlier in the season, especially immediately post Xmas period. 

I would agree that Klopp probably should have been at Anfield for the game but I have no problem with the team he picked. 

19 hours ago, City 2nd said:

Huh? What’s that got to do with anything? Fact is, he’s been promoted to the FIRST TEAM this season. No matter how much you try to squirm out of it, those are the facts.

And no, Farke and Klopp are not close friends either. More utter nonsense. Farke said he didn’t know him personally only just a few months ago in the build up to the season opener so where you’ve pulled that from, heaven only knows 🤦🏻‍♂️

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/feb/18/mick-mcarthy-wolves-fine

This has always been coming, the line about it being an issue regarding the winter break is just an easy excuse.

History won't remember Liverpool that didn't take the FA cup seriously, but they will remember Liverpools first league title in 40 years and potential invincible league run. There's really zero incentive for Klopp to take the cup seriously apart from a little bit of professional integrity.

It is silly to declare a winter break then have fixtures fall during that break, though. **** up in a brewery stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the next round of the FA Cup Jugen is going to field a team from the Liverpool Legends squad, they will be managed on the day by Bill Shankleys ashes.

Jurgen will unavailable as he's booked himself on a trip to see Ramstein at the Sydney Opera House.

6 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Huh? What’s that got to do with anything? Fact is, he’s been promoted to the FIRST TEAM this season. No matter how much you try to squirm out of it, those are the facts.

And no, Farke and Klopp are not close friends either. More utter nonsense. Farke said he didn’t know him personally only just a few months ago in the build up to the season opener so where you’ve pulled that from, heaven only knows 🤦🏻‍♂️

😂

Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City & Man Utd have all made the 5th round in the same season for the first time since the moon landings 

If only big clubs would take the cup seriously..