Sign in to follow this  
TCCANARY

Klopp understands modern football

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/03/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-fa-cup-replay-shrewsbury-laptop

Jürgen Klopp to watch Liverpool’s FA Cup replay with Shrewsbury on laptop

I hope he's also on the match day thread on a Liverpool message board slagging the team off after 10 minutes and declaring the match over after 15 minutes.  Followed by a half-time rant against the owner, derision when they pull a goal back to make it a 'just a consolation'. Ending up with logging off in disgust when 2 injury time goals mean that a victory has spoiled his night.

😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Massive disrespect for Shrewsbury... I hope they get hammered. Horrible club.

I don’t generally have a problem with Liverpool (partly because I married a scouser) but this decision reflects badly on the club. Let’s face it, they could play 5 or 6 of their PL starting 11, as most teams do, and cruise to a win. No-one would comment twice then, but now they look arrogant and disrespectful.

It’s not inconceivable that Liverpool will lose this, and to be honest, that would leave the cup wide open, so here’s hoping 👍🏼

If we had put our under 23’s out I am sure the FA would have summoned us to appear before their kangaroo court.

Clearly they are going to win the league now, but I hope Man City win the other three trophies, and us or Man City beat them or we will not hear the end of this for years.

Always remember him running on the pitch at FCR when they scored that stoppage time winner, not liked the guy or Liverpool since.

Still hate his teeth. Always reminds me of that other great Liverpool performer. Red Rum

Edited by daly

Will be interesting to see what happens in the Liverpool v Shrewsbury game tonight. Not sure what odds Shrewsbury are, but last time Jurgen let his kids play under the ‘other’ manager whilst himself and the seniors played in the Champions of the World thingame, they got battered 5-0 or something...

Is there not still a rule that a team must field a full strength side?

19 minutes ago, Ian said:

Is there not still a rule that a team must field a full strength side?

It appears not.

25 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

It appears not.

15. PROVISIONS CONCERNING PLAYERS
(a) Each team participating in a match shall represent the full available strength of each 
competing Club.

FA Cup Rules 2019-2020

http://www.thefa.com/-/media/thefacom-new/files/competitions/2019-20/fa-cup/the-fa-cup-rules-2019-20.ashx

No doubt the FA will lay down the letter of the law against Liverpool and media darling Klopp...

33 minutes ago, Ian said:

FA Cup Rules 2019-2020

http://www.thefa.com/-/media/thefacom-new/files/competitions/2019-20/fa-cup/the-fa-cup-rules-2019-20.ashx

No doubt the FA will lay down the letter of the law against Liverpool and media darling Klopp...

That is their ‘strongest available’ I’m guessing if you take into consideration the winter break. But I see your point, didn’t they play a largely weakened team in the first game away at Shrewsbury?

Got to say, I appreciate this winter break thing needs to be taken seriously, but it’s only Tuesday, a couple of days in to the break, and there would have been nothing to stop the Liverpool players flying off to the likes of Dubai etc first thing in the morning for a weeks holiday before resuming training in good time ready for their upcoming mauling at Fortress Carrow Road.

3 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

That is their ‘strongest available’ I’m guessing if you take into consideration the winter break. But I see your point, didn’t they play a largely weakened team in the first game away at Shrewsbury?

I suppose that is how teams get away with it - however, I don't think they can really justify the First Team manager not even turning up...

1 minute ago, Ian said:

I suppose that is how teams get away with it - however, I don't think they can really justify the First Team manager not even turning up...

Agreed, I just find it a bit arrogant of LFC to be honest with you, Ian. Not trying to sound like Kevin Keegan but I would actually just love it if Shrewsbury manage to dump them out tonight, I would love it, for me there’s only one club that deserve to go through this evening.

5 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Agreed, I just find it a bit arrogant of LFC to be honest with you, Ian. Not trying to sound like Kevin Keegan but I would actually just love it if Shrewsbury manage to dump them out tonight, I would love it, for me there’s only one club that deserve to go through this evening.

Yeah, smacks a bit of "we're too big for the FA Cup now". Fingers crossed Shrewsbury can do the business...

Poor Shrewsbury fans, finding out the hard way what var is all about....it simply shouldn’t be being used in the cup unless and until both sides have it, and God alone knows where the offside actually was!

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Poor Shrewsbury fans, finding out the hard way what var is all about....it simply shouldn’t be being used in the cup unless and until both sides have it, and God alone knows where the offside actually was!

LiVARpool supporters branding the Shrewsbury manager a sore loser after he questioned the fact that Van Dyck handles a ball and it is to far back in the build up to be a free kick earlier in the season, his player was ruled offside way back in the build up but that was not to far back. Seems a fair point to everyone other than LiVARpool
In days gone by he would have been hauled in front of the FA to justify his comments, but they won’t dare.

17 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Massive disrespect for Shrewsbury... I hope they get hammered. Horrible club.

Where is this disrespect. Klopp is actually respecting the premier league decision to have a winter break, and his own  players (who top the league ) a deserved rest. How on earth is that disrespectful to Shrewsbury. Klopp didn’t make the rule, the premier league did! 

So because he plays youngsters and as yet unknowns against Shrewsbury in the FA Cup, is that disrespectful. Hasn't indeed our own manager changed his side dramatically for FA Cup ties, just as most premiership clubs have! Didn’t here you whingeing that was “disrespectful”!!!

23 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Where is this disrespect. Klopp is actually respecting the premier league decision to have a winter break, and his own  players (who top the league ) a deserved rest. How on earth is that disrespectful to Shrewsbury. Klopp didn’t make the rule, the premier league did! 

So because he plays youngsters and as yet unknowns against Shrewsbury in the FA Cup, is that disrespectful. Hasn't indeed our own manager changed his side dramatically for FA Cup ties, just as most premiership clubs have! Didn’t here you whingeing that was “disrespectful”!!!

He didn't even bother turning up for the match.

1 hour ago, Ian said:

James Milner was there. Max respect to him for bothering.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Is that disrespectful? Why have assistants in that case? Would the same issue apply if Klopp was ill and could not attend.  He was respecting the premier league decision, and what he had instructed his first team squad about the winter break!

if supporters don’t want a winter break in the premier league, tell the premier league. A manager simply upholding the decision made!

38 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Is that disrespectful? Why have assistants in that case? Would the same issue apply if Klopp was ill and could not attend.  He was respecting the premier league decision, and what he had instructed his first team squad about the winter break!

if supporters don’t want a winter break in the premier league, tell the premier league. A manager simply upholding the decision made!

Yes it's clearly disrespectful. It is meant to be the flagship cup in the Country, and the Premier League leaders manager couldn't be arsed to show up because he was making a point about how his thoroughbred players are far too overworked.

Player fitness is one thing, and I don't think too many people would have an issue with him playing a weakened side. However, to not even attend was a calculated decision by Klopp to show two fingers to the FA and the tradition of the FA Cup.

Whether you agree with, empathise with, or even give a damn about the winter break is a moot point; it is fairly unarguable that consciously not turning up to what was a huge match for Shrewsbury, when there is clearly no illness or misfortune involved, is the very definition of disrespectful. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Yes it's clearly disrespectful. It is meant to be the flagship cup in the Country, and the Premier League leaders manager couldn't be arsed to show up because he was making a point about how his thoroughbred players are far too overworked.

Player fitness is one thing, and I don't think too many people would have an issue with him playing a weakened side. However, to not even attend was a calculated decision by Klopp to show two fingers to the FA and the tradition of the FA Cup.

Whether you agree with, empathise with, or even give a damn about the winter break is a moot point; it is fairly unarguable that consciously not turning up to what was a huge match for Shrewsbury, when there is clearly no illness or misfortune involved, is the very definition of disrespectful. 

It hasnt been the flagship cup in the UK for many many years. Why do top teams actually play their second string and/or younger players. That tells you something!

and players “are” to overworked. Our own manager says so, and he is one of those who advocated a winter break.

Have Shrewsbury complained. No. And did the youngsters of Liverpool lose? No

what difference did Klopp not being there make to Shrewsbury or Liverpool?

was the crowd smaller? No. The argument you make are is futile when we have our own manager (also German) making the same noises as Klopp. Take off the rose tinted spectacles!!

I managed to listen in to BBC Radio Merseysides 'Kop Call' after the match and they took a call from Jurgen from Stuttgart, he wasn't happy. Couldn't understand why they didn't have a plan b, was unhappy about how late in the game the substitutions were made and wanted to know why Mo Salah didn't score. He pinpointed a lack of maturity in the team being a problem and wanted to know what they did in training.

4 hours ago, City 2nd said:

You couldn’t be more wrong comparing our managers approach to the cup ties and Liverpool’s. They did not have even ONE first team squad member playing last night. Not even the first team manager. Now compare that to our recent cup games - not only have we had first team squad players getting valuable minutes but many that are also regulars in the first team too. So please don’t make it sound like we put out a bunch of kids like Liverpool because that is quite simply nonsense. There is absolutely no comparison between the 2 managers approach whatsoever. It’s clubs like Liverpool that are massively devaluing the most famous and prestigious domestic cup in world football, and people wonder why it’s losing its appeal?

4 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

You couldn’t be more wrong comparing our managers approach to the cup ties and Liverpool’s. They did not have even ONE first team squad member playing last night. Not even the first team manager. Now compare that to our recent cup games - not only have we had first team squad players getting valuable minutes but many that are also regulars in the first team too. So please don’t make it sound like we put out a bunch of kids like Liverpool because that is quite simply nonsense. There is absolutely no comparison between the 2 managers approach whatsoever. It’s clubs like Liverpool that are massively devaluing the most famous and prestigious domestic cup in world football, and people wonder why it’s losing its appeal?

No, because they were in an agreed winter break! And yet another person with tinted specs. And to say that NCFC don’t and haven’t  devalued the competition is absolutely ridiculous. Nine changes was it at Burnley, yes, maybe they were squad players, and that doesn’t devalue the competition!? So Liverpool supporters didn’t get to see Mo Salah. Did city supporters get to see Pukki? Our managers and the club approach is no different to that of all premiership clubs. Why is the 5th round of the prestigious FA cup you speak of being played midweek?!

the official line from the FA

You may have noticed that the fifth round games won't be played over a traditional weekend. The FA have made the controversial decision to scrap replays from this stage onwards - and also hold each match in midweek. It's simply to alleviate fixture congestion in what is a notoriously busy time of year.

that tells you all you need to know! 

2 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

No, because they were in an agreed winter break! And yet another person with tinted specs. And to say that NCFC don’t and haven’t  devalued the competition is absolutely ridiculous. Nine changes was it at Burnley, yes, maybe they were squad players, and that doesn’t devalue the competition!? So Liverpool supporters didn’t get to see Mo Salah. Did city supporters get to see Pukki? Our managers and the club approach is no different to that of all premiership clubs. Why is the 5th round of the prestigious FA cup you speak of being played midweek?!

the official line from the FA

You may have noticed that the fifth round games won't be played over a traditional weekend. The FA have made the controversial decision to scrap replays from this stage onwards - and also hold each match in midweek. It's simply to alleviate fixture congestion in what is a notoriously busy time of year.

that tells you all you need to know! 

You are completely deluded - the side Farke put out at Burnley were FIRST TEAM players! A SENIOR side. Liverpool’s were an U23 team, and that’s being generous at best! There is no comparison whatsoever. What part of that do you not understand? Or is your 2nd City Liverpool?