Sign in to follow this  
Since 1980

Maddison not going to Man U

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

if we got a windfall where would it go as the player budget seems to get smaller and smaller ?

Probably goes into the £38m deficit we had which won't go until all the payments come through from our success in getting to the PL. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

if we got a windfall where would it go as the player budget seems to get smaller and smaller ?

Our player budget has gone up massively this year - just because it has gone on wages rather than transfer fees it doesn't mean that it hasn't gone up. 

• Like 2

Well there was me thinking Webber had been slashing our player budget and subsequent wage bill because as he said when he arrived we had ' p~~~d £100 million up the wall '.

The club don’t need to explain the lack of funds available. Lots of folk on here happy to do it for them. I think they’ll be a couple of million to spend if we sell a few of the gems in the summer.

Leicester seem very astute with their buying/selling policy. Harry Maguire! New contract will increase Maddison’s price by a good few million when he inevitably moves on and we will indeed benefit by a nice bonus. 

I think he'll be there for a while yet. After all he's got his head screwed on properly and won't be going to some 'has been' club like Man U.

26 minutes ago, Since 1980 said:

I think he'll be there for a while yet. After all he's got his head screwed on properly and won't be going to some 'has been' club like Man U.

I'm sure the money he'd make would be tempting, so it may come down to what his ambitions are.

Man U are not a "has-been" club exactly - with their financial clout they can buy their way out of trouble, but therein lies the problem : there "has been" no coherent plan in terms of recruitment or player development since Fergie left, as well as a run of poor managers.

So for Madders the choice may come down to whether he would be happy  to take the money to be in a dysfunctional team and club, or become the best footballer he can be.

2 hours ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

with their financial clout they can buy their way out of trouble, but therein lies the problem : there "has been" no coherent plan in terms of recruitment or player development since Fergie left, as well as a run of poor managers.

Not so far they havent ,nearly a billion net spend since fergie left with no real improvement and their wage bill spiralling........more buying themselves out of competitiveness than out of trouble. I'd wager that our fans are more ok with whats happening with us (---well, most ,anyway) than man u fans are with whats going on for them.

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Well there was me thinking Webber had been slashing our player budget and subsequent wage bill because as he said when he arrived we had ' p~~~d £100 million up the wall '.

Do you think our wage bill has gone up or down this season TIL? 

55 minutes ago, Beefy is a legend said:

If you want to know where NCFC spends their income it's really easy. Just read the accounts. 

It will be interesting read Next season if we go down after spending very little on transfers,

the wages will go down to champs level but we still will have sky money also Players fees that leave in summer 

IF and quite possible Godfrey , lewis , Aarons , Pukki , Cantwell , Buendia leave we would have to spend and spend quite big otherwise Mr Tax man will be getting a good payout 

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Probably goes into the £38m deficit we had which won't go until all the payments come through from our success in getting to the PL. 

Still don't know how people can't get this through their heads.

3 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

It will be interesting read Next season if we go down after spending very little on transfers,

the wages will go down to champs level but we still will have sky money also Players fees that leave in summer 

IF and quite possible Godfrey , lewis , Aarons , Pukki , Cantwell , Buendia leave we would have to spend and spend quite big otherwise Mr Tax man will be getting a good payout 

We keep hearing this, but we also have been told repeatedly that transfer fees aren’t paid in one lump on the day of the switch, but in installments over several years. So any tax liability is also spread out, and I’m sure the club will make sure they organise payments to be as tax effective as possible.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

We keep hearing this, but we also have been told repeatedly that transfer fees aren’t paid in one lump on the day of the switch, but in installments over several years. So any tax liability is also spread out, and I’m sure the club will make sure they organise payments to be as tax effective as possible.

Yes i Agree but what comes in must go out in someway to prevent a Tax bill 

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

We also made a £19m profit the season before as they put the Maddison and Josh Murphy sales into that years accounts. So that deficit is much smaller to cover (accounts also said the loss was £33m after tax so I would take that as the number to cover).

The club also stated they expect to make a £20m profit this season when last seasons accounts were released. So it is fair to assume if the club hits the expected figures there will be a few million in cash reserves for the Championship next season plus any player sales that can also be budgeted in.

5 minutes ago, Grant Holts Moustache said:

We also made a £19m profit the season before as they put the Maddison and Josh Murphy sales into that years accounts. So that deficit is much smaller to cover (accounts also said the loss was £33m after tax so I would take that as the number to cover).

The club also stated they expect to make a £20m profit this season when last seasons accounts were released. So it is fair to assume if the club hits the expected figures there will be a few million in cash reserves for the Championship next season plus any player sales that can also be budgeted in.

Don’t hold your breath on that assumption.

41 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Still don't know how people can't get this through their heads.

The can BobLozo3, they just don't want to.

• Like 1

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Spending a few million. Because basically Norwich don’t/can’t spend much.

You misread my post. I said we would have a few million in reserve. That could be for infrastructure, covering shortfalls etc.

Also did you miss us spending a few million on a player not a few days ago? We can and do spend a few million. Whilst Webber has been here there is a list of players that cost a few million. 

Just now, Grant Holts Moustache said:

You misread my post. I said we would have a few million in reserve. That could be for infrastructure, covering shortfalls etc.

Also did you miss us spending a few million on a player not a few days ago? We can and do spend a few million. Whilst Webber has been here there is a list of players that cost a few million. 

Could you do a list of purchases and sales over the last ten years ? 

Stand corrected on money splashed out but it only equates to one major signing in this day and age. With all the Sky money including parachute payments we must have been paying so much out other than players wages. Maybe the cleaners are on £50 per hour.

6 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Obviously it will go towards strengthening the club - where else do you think it would go? When was the last dividend payment for shareholders?

23 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Stand corrected on money splashed out but it only equates to one major signing in this day and age. With all the Sky money including parachute payments we must have been paying so much out other than players wages. Maybe the cleaners are on £50 per hour.

I don't suppose you have any evidence for this?

The irony is that they did exactly what you wanted to do this time! They gambled to stay up and we paid the price for several years. The club seems to have learned, although not all the supporters seem to have yet.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Badger said:

I don't suppose you have any evidence for this?

The irony is that they did exactly what you wanted to do this time! They gambled to stay up and we paid the price for several years. The club seems to have learned, although not all the supporters seem to have yet.

That’s mainly down to the restrictions of having our ownership. You won’t find any other clubs fans in this league who would wish to do it the Norwich way.