Sign in to follow this  
Rossi

Re: Poll Is Squit Dicky?? how many KTF's actually are there

Squit, I want you to think about this question very carefully. Do you understand ( I''m going to repeat in capital letters so there''s no chance of you missing the point ), DO YOU UNDERSTAND the reason that so many people refer to you as Dicky? It is because your style and approach is exactly the same Dicky''s as it relates to your criticism of others who have provided CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM of what is wrong with the management approach at Norwich City for the past 18 months. You, on the other hand , like Dicky, hardly ever provide any substance to support your point of view. For example, you constantly state the number of W/O''s is very small, and then use daft examples, quite frankly, of W/O''s hiring a hall for a public meeting to see how many will attend. Having come out with that daft approach you then have the audacity to suggest a responder is immature for suggesting the same process could be used to validate your point of view. Again, lot''s of "Dicky style" but no substance.

Incidentally, if you indeed are not Dicky, you may wish to look into whether you have a second family ( and a twin brother ) on the south coast who put you on a fast train leaving Brighton at an early age.

[quote user="A load of squit"]

[quote user="premier1"]Why dont you do something to prove the majority want him to stay (laughable) you silly little boy .If you are right and there is a majority wanting Worthington here  then all i can say is we have a whole lot of supporters who know very little about football and how it should be played. Nigel Worthington = Bryan Hamilton with money.[/quote]

I''m querying how the WO''s can make claims that they cannot substantiate, one small crowd after one home game and a poorly supported web site is not a majority. If the 10:1 ratio is true it must be very easy to prove such an overwhelming figure but as yet they''ve said that most of the WO''s aren''t that bothered that they''d attend a public meeting and no further after game demo''s have been mentioned. What are going to do other than post futile messages on here?

Name calling is immature and just switching the original argument round as a response is very immature.

[/quote]

public meeting!!!  lol some of us have lives mate. Lets put it like this, a large proportion of city fans are unhappy with what is going on at the moment, and if it wasnt fot Thornes injury at Crewe, Worthy''s would have been in the real doggy doo...  lets hope Worthys new best friend McVeigh keeps his form up and results start again to be back to those in december cos otherwise we are going to finish no where near the play-offs having gained nothing from our promotion. The buck for this rests at one man''s door - as Steve Foley said - lets see where we are at the end of the season.

It may well turn out that December was actually a very bad month for the club after all.

Immature sums you up very nicely Dicky , how it must hurt you so that a majority of Norwich fans want the fool that is Worthington removed .You and your like will always settle for 3rd best , no ambition , happy to be little Norwich , do as we are told mentallity . Sad  people.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]This little thread seems to have been "moderator navigated" off the board. Think I''ll just post again and see if my suspicions are true.[/quote]

Look everyone its Barry, looking forward to your call to Neil on Saturday?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Squit, I want you to think about this question very carefully. Do you understand ( I''m going to repeat in capital letters so there''s no chance of you missing the point ), DO YOU UNDERSTAND the reason that so many people refer to you as Dicky? It is because your style and approach is exactly the same Dicky''s as it relates to your criticism of others who have provided CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM of what is wrong with the management approach at Norwich City for the past 18 months. You, on the other hand , like Dicky, hardly ever provide any substance to support your point of view. For example, you constantly state the number of W/O''s is very small, and then use daft examples, quite frankly, of W/O''s hiring a hall for a public meeting to see how many will attend. Having come out with that daft approach you then have the audacity to suggest a responder is immature for suggesting the same process could be used to validate your point of view. Again, lot''s of "Dicky style" but no substance.

Incidentally, if you indeed are not Dicky, you may wish to look into whether you have a second family ( and a twin brother ) on the south coast who put you on a fast train leaving Brighton at an early age.

[/quote]

Barry,

This is what I find crazy, who would call a public meeting to say that a man who has got the job should keep it? If you want to change things then you have to show the support for change and as long as the only real evidence is one protest by a few after one home game and a poorly supported web site (set up specifically for the cause) I''ll believe that they are not the majority, I don''t think thats unreasonable.

I don''t think people calling the manager an idiot is constructive

[quote user="premier1"]

Immature sums you up very nicely Dicky , how it must hurt you so that a majority of Norwich fans want the fool that is Worthington removed .You and your like will always settle for 3rd best , no ambition , happy to be little Norwich , do as we are told mentallity . Sad  people.

[/quote]

This ''majority'' is a myth, unless you prove otherwise you should stop using the term.

Blimey the dimwits are really scrapping the barrel now.

They pop up with some ridiculous claim then demand that those who laugh at it should bear the onus of proving it wrong.

The flat earth society is beginning to look like a model of reasoned debate set against this ragbag of malcontents.

20,000 city fans at the match the last fee home games want the manager sacked.

It''s so absurd that it is not now time for them to put up or shut up, just to shut up or head down the A140 where their endless self pitying whining will fit in perfectly.

[quote user="Fat Barman"]Here''s a radical idea - why don''t we stop throwing personal insults around and restrict comments on both sides to constructive advice/criticism. It would certainly encourage a few of the less rabid contributors to the board to join in on a more frequent basis! Has nobody else noticed the recent lack of comment from people who used to regularly involve themselves, but appear to have been discouraged by the levels of bitterness and back-biting that have become more prevalent of late?

There''s never been a shortage of clever, witty disagreement on the Pink''Un message board - until now (IMHO). If some of you lot behaved like this in my local, I''d bar you within a week!

With all the faffing around with different email addresses you''d require for multiple ID''s, I can''t see many people doing it - quite frankly I don''t care if they do. All I''d like to see is a return to the ''informal chat'' atmosphere that used to radiate from my screen when I read these boards - it didn''t stop arguments (thank God) but I used to feel everyone would be happy to share a beer together, whichever way the decision fell. I can''t help but feel saddened that some protagonists on both sides of this bloody WO/KTF feud now seem more inclined to chuck their pints at each other.

Anyone want to bury the hatchet? Anyone?
[/quote]

Hear! hear!

Most sensible post I''ve read on here in weeks.

How about it everyone?

Thank you, Fat Barman.  We are, I hope, all arguing about our club, how it''s run, etc, etc, this board is not, or shouldn''t be about getting personal toward other posters on here.  I am a Worthy Outer and happy to admit it, for those of you who have been on here for a long time, you''ll know it.  However, as Fat Barman says, it is deterring some posters from coming on here and even I don''t frequent these boards as much as I used to. 

Fat Barman, in the recent past, myself and Zippersleftfoot have both tried to calm things down, to no avail.  While I fear things on the pitch are not going to radically change things for the better, I do hope that personal attacks can cease. 

Here''s hoping.

[quote user="Fat Barman"]
Anyone want to bury the hatchet? Anyone?
[/quote]

The question is who will it be buried in!

Top post FB - this ''flaming'' is as unnecessary as the will paul Rankin ever post a positve topic? thread.  Give it a rest guys.  

To Zippers, Gazza, Fat Barman & others of that ilk:

I have no doubt that some of your desire to see an end to the "friction" is directed toward me. I am afraid I can not please you in that regard. We all have our own reasons for coming on this message board and, generally, it does and should revolve around NCFC. My reasons for posting are varied. Sometimes I like to write something to stimulate thought between posters that I regard as sensible, sometimes a little poetry or humour, sometimes to get up someone''s nose who is so bloody minded in attempting to put down the opinion of others without having the decency to offer substance to support their different point of view ( just I''m a better supporter than you etc etc ). The input that I offer ( or that anyone else offers for that matter ) will cause an individual (s) to sometimes appreciate it and sometimes be turned off by it. I accept that. No need to read...it''s called freedom of choice. If we all were the same then, in my opinion, the whole would become more bland. For example Zippers, I enjoy your posts but I could not take them on a steady diet with no other meals on offer. Your balanced posts carry MORE WEIGHT as a result of the variety of other posters. Not meaning to pick on you by the way...that''s true of all of us. Gazza said she missed me when I was not posting. Yet, if all she ever came to expect of me was one type of approach ( as on this thread ) she would probably lose interest altogether. Link mentions above, however, that my input on this thread made him laugh out loud. Horses for courses. Unfortunately guys, whether it''s input on a message board, television, newspapers or any other medium it''s never going to please all of us all of the time. Therefore, while these occasional calls to still the waters will emerge from time to time they are, in my view, futile. Market forces will be what moves the conversation away from a topic that appears to be stuck in neutral with hostility. Worthy Out and on the ball City.

I have no doubt that some of your desire to see an end to the "friction" is directed toward me. I am afraid I can not please you in that regard. We all have our own reasons for coming on this message board and, generally, it does and should revolve around NCFC. My reasons for posting are varied. Sometimes I like to write something to stimulate thought between posters that I regard as sensible, sometimes a little poetry or humour, sometimes to get up someone''s nose who is so bloody minded in attempting to put down the opinion of others without having the decency to offer substance to support their different point of view ( just I''m a better supporter than you etc etc ). The input that I offer ( or that anyone else offers for that matter ) will cause an individual (s) to sometimes appreciate it and sometimes be turned off by it. I accept that. No need to read...it''s called freedom of choice. If we all were the same then, in my opinion, the whole would become more bland. For example Zippers, I enjoy your posts but I could not take them on a steady diet with no other meals on offer. Your balanced posts carry MORE WEIGHT as a result of the variety of other posters. Not meaning to pick on you by the way...that''s true of all of us. Gazza said she missed me when I was not posting. Yet, if all she ever came to expect of me was one type of approach ( as on this thread ) she would probably lose interest altogether. Link mentions above, however, that my input on this thread made him laugh out loud. Horses for courses. Unfortunately guys, whether it''s input on a message board, television, newspapers or any other medium it''s never going to please all of us all of the time. Therefore, while these occasional calls to still the waters will emerge from time to time they are, in my view, futile. Market forces will be what moves the conversation away from a topic that appears to be stuck in neutral with hostility. Worthy Out and on the ball City.

[/quote]

Barry, so its OK for you to be bloody minded but not anyone else?

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

Barry, so its OK for you to be bloody minded but not anyone else?

[/quote]

who''s barry cap''n??

YankeeCanary wrote

Please Septic use paragraphs...I actually got 90% of the way through this one before the mist came down and I had to go back over it. Come on....it''s your language too you know.

Yankee, you old big-head [:D]Unfortunately for your ego, you aren''t posting the type of abuse I was referring to!I have no problem with people being hostile to characters at the club, or even disliking other posters (it''s not a bloody Utopia on here, is it?).My post was aimed at the personal attacks, full of venom and spite, which are characterised by this threads beginnings and similar (eg Will Paul Rankin ever post a positive..... - sorry to drag that up again, Paul). If this forum is to degenerate into a kid''s playground slanging area, I''d as soon not be part of it. I hope it never descends so low.By all means disagree, argue, have an on-line ruck if you must, but please don''t join in with the bitchy, back-biting, fingers-in-ears "I can''t hear you nah-nah-na-naah-nah", peurile posturings which have, as I said, been ever more frequent in their appearances in recent threads.Poor old ZLF can be as pithy and cutting as the next poster - even I like to keep myself to one-liners occasionally! The balance had become skewed, Yankee, away from debate and towards mud-slinging and point-scoring against the perceived enemy.Finally [|-)], I don''t want to censor anybody from saying what they feel they must. Is it too much to ask, though, that posters take a deep breath and count to ten, before firing a (usually poorly-aimed) exocet of abuse at somebody who disagrees with them?

Totally agree YC that the world would be dull if only one view prevailed - just not keen on hostility getting too agressively personal - its a fine line between black humour and personal insults and for each of us that line is in a different place.

To be honest YC you were probably one of the last posters to mind but only because I have seen your posts in your name for a while and see the mix you claim, humour, analytical, frustrated and personal too.  Its not a WO/KTF thing but I get frustrated at posters who do nothing but criticise others for having a view rather than put forward their own views.

This became my ''home'' board because the juvenile insulting was not present on this board as it is on others.  This board does have a varied voice - I like to read the comments from yourself YC, GTG, Tumbleweed, Mook, Tacklebury but also FTFW, allways travelling, chicken, salopian, DDiM, Morph, Trent and many many others who I may not always agree with but put up with my narrow views and take the time to explain theirs with a more or less insulting tone.

Red Nose, I did use paragraphs when writing but, when my post shows up, they are gone. While you were away ( I believe ) there were some updates to the system but kinks are still being worked out ( again, I believe ). Sometimes, from my end, I notice certain threads seem to disappear altogether, this being one of them. If I then find it through a "search" and add a post, it shows up again only to repeat the same problem later in the day.

Incidentally, your posts are among the many that repeatedly show the whole of the poster''s message you are responding to, followed by a brief few words from you. I personally find this undesirable. Is this something you are doing deliberately. Many are and, for me, it''s wasted space and scrolling on too many messages. I''d rather it was stopped.

Fat Barman wrote

Unfortunately for your ego, you aren''t posting the type of abuse I was referring to!

I have no problem with people being hostile to characters at the club, or even disliking other posters (it''s not a bloody Utopia on here, is it?).
My post was aimed at the personal attacks, full of venom and spite, which are characterised by this threads beginnings and similar (eg Will Paul Rankin ever post a positive..... - sorry to drag that up again, Paul). If this forum is to degenerate into a kid''s playground slanging area, I''d as soon not be part of it. I hope it never descends so low.

By all means disagree, argue, have an on-line ruck if you must, but please don''t join in with the bitchy, back-biting, fingers-in-ears "I can''t hear you nah-nah-na-naah-nah", peurile posturings which have, as I said, been ever more frequent in their appearances in recent threads.

Poor old ZLF can be as pithy and cutting as the next poster - even I like to keep myself to one-liners occasionally! The balance had become skewed, Yankee, away from debate and towards mud-slinging and point-scoring against the perceived enemy.

Finally [|-)], I don''t want to censor anybody from saying what they feel they must. Is it too much to ask, though, that posters take a deep breath and count to ten, before firing a (usually poorly-aimed) exocet of abuse at somebody who disagrees with them?

Blimey Far Bar Steward this is all a bit sober for you isn''t it? Have one yourself, please!

This post sums up exactly why I find this forum extremely boring these days.  End of.

Sheersh Rude Ol'', [B], I partik''ly like th''way you quoted my whole post, b''fore, [B], adding two brief loins, I mean lions, er lines...[B] [B] [B]  wot woz I saying?Sheers!

I think I''ll go for another [B]

Red Nose, I did use paragraphs when writing but, when my post shows up, they are gone. While you were away ( I believe ) there were some updates to the system but kinks are still being worked out ( again, I believe ). Sometimes, from my end, I notice certain threads seem to disappear altogether, this being one of them. If I then find it through a "search" and add a post, it shows up again only to repeat the same problem later in the day.

Incidentally, your posts are among the many that repeatedly show the whole of the poster''s message you are responding to, followed by a brief few words from you. I personally find this undesirable. Is this something you are doing deliberately. Many are and, for me, it''s wasted space and scrolling on too many messages. I''d rather it was stopped.

[/quote]

Barry, I''m worried about the threads that keep disappearing from you end, I''d get that looked at if I were you, perhaps instead of ''phoning Neil this Saturday you should go and see a doctor.

Septic,

Note I am not quoting your last post.

I do think you analyse things a little too deeply, well a lot too deeply actually.

Are you some kind of therapist?

By the way, I do really like Americans and I am gratified to know City have support across the pond.