Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Inside No. 9

Back with a fantastic episode (as always) - all about football! Couldn't believe it. Funny & tragic - & with a genuinely touching gay sub-plot - all jammed into 30 minutes. Best thing I've seen in ages. If you missed it watch it on iplayer. Unmissable!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Canary dwarf said:

Steve Pemberton is in too hope it's not like league of gentlemen .

1) yes, there are similarities 

2) LoG was great, what’s the problem? Have you seen the bingo caller bit from the last one? Just superb.

Not seen the latest one yet, but Inside No 9 suffers a little from what could be called Tales of the Unexpected syndrome, a good story but the ending sometimes can be a let down. Having said that, there have been some really good episodes.

22 hours ago, ron obvious said:

Back with a fantastic episode (as always) - all about football! Couldn't believe it. Funny & tragic - & with a genuinely touching gay sub-plot - all jammed into 30 minutes. Best thing I've seen in ages. If you missed it watch it on iplayer. Unmissable!

Recorded it last night and just watched it Ron .  You were right ! Bloody marvellous !! David Morrissey was brilliant . 

23 hours ago, Darth Vadis said:

Inside No. 9 is currently (and has been for many years) the best thing the BBC puts out. Seriously underrated show!

Barely watch any BBC content these days. But must also point out that Line of Duty (less so most recent series) is another rare outlier in terms of quality

On 04/02/2020 at 07:34, Nuff Said said:

1) yes, there are similarities 

2) LoG was great, what’s the problem? Have you seen the bingo caller bit from the last one? Just superb.

Not seen the latest one yet, but Inside No 9 suffers a little from what could be called Tales of the Unexpected syndrome, a good story but the ending sometimes can be a let down. Having said that, there have been some really good episodes.

I'd totally forgotten the bingo caller- that was unexpectedly heartbreaking. 

Its a good episode, but not a classic like Bernie Clifton's Dressing Room or the brilliant 12 days of Christine - both of those are on iplayer now and are thoroughly recommended!!

Twelve days of Christine completely overwhelmed me. I lay in bed for hours afterwards in a state of what I can only describe as shock. I didn't cry. I felt beyond tears. The most affecting work of fiction I've ever seen .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ron obvious said:

Twelve days of Christine completely overwhelmed me. I lay in bed for hours afterwards in a state of what I can only describe as shock. I didn't cry. I felt beyond tears. The most affecting work of fiction I've ever seen .

I was in a similar state, but I admit it - I wept!!

It's the best thing I have ever seen on television - a work of genius.