Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Interesting comments by Guardiola

"Liverpool are far away, they are unstoppable and a lot of points clear," said Guardiola.

"The last two seasons it was a guy, the owner of the Premier League, who said that can't happen again and it isn't good for the Premier League when City win the title in that way.

"So now it is Liverpool you have to be concerned about that if you are the owner of the Premier League."

I mean what is that all about/

It's dangerous stuff and what exactly does he expect the PL to level things up?

Funny how VAR suddenly springs to mind

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you!

AKA, another conspiracy theory.

Who owns the PL, BTW? 🤨

2 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Who owns the PL, BTW? 🤨

No idea but effectively its Sky and BT, after all they call the shots on ko times and days, moving fixtures as the season progresses to maximise tv audiences.  

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

The Premier League is a private company wholly owned by its 20 members. 

This kind of post is very unhelpful.

When I worked in the Civil Service we used to say : "Don't confuse me with the facts, I've already made up my mind."

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

The Premier League is a private company wholly owned by its 20 members. 

I take it we will be resigning in the next couple of months or so ? 😜

4 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Man City have won it plenty of times in the last decade, Liverpool haven’t. There isn’t a VAR conspiracy, Liverpool have just been superior.

Brilliant summary,  have the bbc been on to you to replace  Gary Lineker?

3 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Brilliant summary,  have the bbc been on to you to replace  Gary Lineker?

I’m just getting very tired of people (generally of a certain generation) looking for any reason to downplay Liverpool or dismiss their achievements this season. It’s ridiculous and just comes across as bitter.

3 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I’m just getting very tired of people (generally of a certain generation) looking for any reason to downplay Liverpool or dismiss their achievements this season. It’s ridiculous and just comes across as bitter.

Well its probably because many of us of a certain generation really don't like that club and never will. 

19 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

And which generation would that be exactly.? Genuine  question. FWIW, I think they play super stuff,  Klopp however comes across as a nice guy.....so long as everything  is going his way,  

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

And which generation would that be exactly.? Genuine  question. FWIW, I think they play super stuff,  Klopp however comes across as a nice guy.....so long as everything  is going his way,  

This. A **** cat when things are going his way..... 

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

Well its probably because many of us of a certain generation really don't like that club and never will. 

Norwich fans have a very good reason to dislike Liverpool, particularly fans from a certain generation. 

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Norwich fans have a very good reason to dislike Liverpool, particularly fans from a certain generation. 

Exactly. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Man City have won it plenty of times in the last decade, Liverpool haven’t. There isn’t a VAR conspiracy, Liverpool have just been superior.

Liverpool are the best team this season by a mile . 22 points clear? All down to VAR ? Get a grip. 

On 05/02/2020 at 19:30, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Liverpool are the best team this season by a mile . 22 points clear? All down to VAR ? Get a grip. 

Exactly this.

It doesn't matter whether people like them or not, or if people want to believe that there is some sort of conspiracy at play. Their achievements cannot be dismissed. There is no conspiracy, they have just been incredible.

Of course for some people, dislike leads to claiming they definitely don't deserve success and they will find any reason to explain why it doesn't count! 

But of course they do and it does.

Edited by Flying Dutchman
  • Like 1