Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Spurs v Man City VAR

Absolutely ridiculous. More than 2 minutes to give an obvious penalty.

VAR may be good in principle but the people using it are hopeless. 

Give them 30 seconds to make a decision 

Definite red for Sterling, no question.

Awarding the penalty, can you say it's a clear and obvious error? Personally, no; but it's the 2 minutes of play that passed between the event and the decision that makes it farcical. The excuse is that the ball didn't go out of play- so what happens if the first time the ball goes out of play is a Spurs goal?

Second penalty, there is contact but IMO correctly not given- it's one of my pet hates in football, where Sterling has essentially booted the ball out of play, stretching for the ball in order to get some contact in the penalty area. He was in no way going to be able to keep control of that ball. The problem is that these situations aren't refereed like that consistently.

Ultimately, as I said on the other VAR thread earlier today, it isn't the technology being the problem. It's the absolute clowns implementing and running it.

• Like 1

It’s just a joke isn’t it? It was truly embarrassing to watch.

VAR will definitely cause a riot in a ground very soon

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

You obviously didn't see the stonewall red that Sterling got away with even after it was referred to VAR

Absolutely crazy

Worse than Godfrey's. VAR is utterly ****. Can't wait until we go back down and escape it's clutches.

What I don't get is that whilst the commentators, pundits and viewrs can see things correctly why can't the idiots who are operating the damn thing. What are they not seeing that we are or vice versa

Looking forward to Mourinho's comments

I’d like to see it coming to a head by a coach/manager taking his team off the pitch in protest. 
Then, maybe, the ridiculousness will be acknowledged. 

That couple of minutes of play while VAR officials were making a decision was beyond description.

What bugs me is how the TV commentators say what the decision is before its shown on screen / indicated by the onfield ref. How do they get that info? 

Also when they call play back, like they did today after 2mins of play which is a farce, there is a potential for a player to get injured in play that shouldn't have taken place. Farcical and inconsistencies need to be addressed. 

5 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

What bugs me is how the TV commentators say what the decision is before its shown on screen / indicated by the onfield ref. How do they get that info? 

Also when they call play back, like they did today after 2mins of play which is a farce, there is a potential for a player to get injured in play that shouldn't have taken place. Farcical and inconsistencies need to be addressed. 

It's comically awful watching it play out from the comfort of the tv like the Spurs game today but at the stadium no one is even given half enough information to know what's actually going on. It's a disgrace. 

Totally agree, and not all grounds have screens so fans at Anfield and old Trafford get even less info. 

• Like 1