Sign in to follow this  
The Real Buh

Genuine predictions for Football in the next 10 years

We are having a debate on the MOTD thread (Link) about the future of football and I’d like to know a few of your predictions on events that will change in the next 20 years. here’s a few of mine:

• European super league established 
• league cup got rid of
•  “brand split” in football ala Rugby league/union

• Ipswich town won’t exist

• resurgence of lower and local leagues (anti-technology response)

• China World Cup

Football will not be played as we’ll all be in a world of anarchy, mad max style, through the collapse of capitalism, caused by the global climate protestors, where the Middle East country’s with a hatred of the West will take advantage to cause as much chaos ......food shortages, no fuel, no jobs, hunger, fighting and no hope!

My predictions might be a tad extreme but hell who knows 👍😉

9 minutes ago, Indy said:

Football will not be played as we’ll all be in a world of anarchy, mad max style, through the collapse of capitalism, caused by the global climate protestors, where the Middle East country’s with a hatred of the West will take advantage to cause as much chaos ......food shortages, no fuel, no jobs, hunger, fighting and no hope!

My predictions might be a tad extreme but hell who knows 👍😉

Actually sounds pretty fun tbf

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Actually sounds pretty fun tbf

Yes but better than a day in a Ipswich!

To be honest I don’t know! I don’t think there will be a European Super league as I don’t think they would be a sustainable market for it.

I think it could be a two premiership league maybe north and south where the top four of each league then play off for a super league cup! Bit like NFL.

That would mean you could have two leagues of say 12 teams, which would mean less football, more teams involved, less travel and more time for top teams to play in cups, Europe’s cup and world club cups.

1 hour ago, Indy said:

......food shortages, no fuel, no jobs, hunger, fighting and no hope!

Sounds exactly like a day in Ipswich.

We will get another promotion but refuse to spend again. Delia will have handed over to Tom       who will follow the tried and tested formula. The  vast majority on here will absolutely love it and woe betide anyone else who thinks differently.

4 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

We will be owned by a stinking rich Chinaman.

As in all of us? When they own the globe and everyone on it? 

Players will be made to wear protective helmets, there will be a super league with richest teams in Britain involved . A lot of clubs will go bust, Delia will step down but we will still be a yo-yo club . We will have at least 5 different managers . We will all be older