Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

TV - Norwich featuring in BBC 3 programme

I haven't had a TV license for over 3 years now.

I watch TV when I visit my parents and it's generally rubbish. Nearly all non-BBC TV series are available online, so can be viewed legit with no licence.

7 hours ago, K Lo said:

I watch TV when I visit my parents and it's generally rubbish. Nearly all non-BBC TV series are available online, so can be viewed legit with no licence.

https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one?&&WT.mc_id=mec_Search_Brand&gclid=Cj0KCQiApt_xBRDxARIsAAMUMu--Gh2ErLmoKNX7XAAvjpIJ1fVisI0wo3isTNGFaC7b7nQ0E3fFlLwaAvQaEALw_wcB#

The law says you need to be covered by a TV Licence to:

• watch or record programmes as they’re being shown on TV, on any channel
  • watch or stream programmes live on an online TV service (such as ITV Hub, All 4, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, Now TV, Sky Go, etc.)
  • download or watch any BBC programmes on iPlayer.

This applies to any device you use, including a TV, desktop computer, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, games console, digital box or DVD/VHS recorder.

• Like 1

Handy when they have conflicting information isn't it!!
https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/faqs/FAQ104

Do I need a TV Licence to watch subscription services like Netflix, Amazon or Now TV?

You don’t need a TV Licence if you only ever use these services to watch on demand or catch up programmes except if you’re watching BBC programmes on iPlayer.

Remember, if you watch or record programmes as they’re being shown on TV, on any channel or TV service, or download or watch any BBC programmes on iPlayer, you need to be covered by a TV Licence.

Live TV means any programme you watch or record as it’s being shown on TV or live on an online TV service. It’s not just live events like sport, news and music. It also covers soaps, series, documentaries and even movies.

10 hours ago, TCCANARY said:

https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one?&&WT.mc_id=mec_Search_Brand&gclid=Cj0KCQiApt_xBRDxARIsAAMUMu--Gh2ErLmoKNX7XAAvjpIJ1fVisI0wo3isTNGFaC7b7nQ0E3fFlLwaAvQaEALw_wcB#

• watch or stream programmes live on an online TV service (such as ITV Hub, All 4, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, Now TV, Sky Go, etc.)

This applies to any device you use, including a TV, desktop computer, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, games console, digital box or DVD/VHS recorder.

I know when I need a TV licence.
Watching TV series on non-BBC channels "can be viewed legit with no licence", as I stated, if their catch-up service is used.

On 03/02/2020 at 08:47, TCCANARY said:

Don’t think he will be watching  too much more. He’s just tipped off the detector engineers!

1 hour ago, City 2nd said:

Don’t think he will be watching  too much more. He’s just tipped off the detector engineers!

Yes, I've heard that trawling football forums is how they discover most of their license-dodging cases.

On 03/02/2020 at 19:27, K Lo said:

I know when I need a TV licence.
Watching TV series on non-BBC channels "can be viewed legit with no licence", as I stated, if their catch-up service is used.

You omitted the important bit about it being legit if you use the the catch up service in your original post.

16 hours ago, TCCANARY said:

You omitted the important bit about it being legit if you use the the catch up service in your original post.

I didn't have to. I said it can be viewed legit with no licence.

Can: Modal verb. "be able to through acquired knowledge or skill  have the opportunity or possibility to"

I can get to Scotland by Friday evening, I don't have to stipulate how.