Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

MOTD

1 hour ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

If both teams are on their A game then I agree there is an extremely high probability that Liverpool win but that still does not make it a fact, it becomes a fact once it is known or proven. I am not against people having an opinion, I totally agree with your opinion that if Liverpool  are on their A game they will win. I apologise if you think I am picking on you specifically, but there are a lot of people who post stuff on here when discussing issues who confuse fact with opinion........

Fair enough. How about a 99% chance then!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

We were not close to our best at Anfield. It was the first game of the season and we only got going in the second half. If we had been at our best we would have made a better game of it in the first half.

Completely disagree. We were very good that match and received many plaudits.i believe there was a statistic that came out after the match that we had more attempts in Liverpool’s goal than they had faced from any team the entire previous season

Edited by JF

On 02/02/2020 at 00:18, NFN FC said:

I can't watch MOTD, Lineker just makes me want crisps

Reminded me of this

image.png.9ec9ebfc24401fe7d18b182983740b54.png

• Like 2

Oh and on the MOTD coverage thing.

I really couldn't care less what a bunch of overpaid, former footballers who are well past their glory days think about us or our team. It's totally inconsequential imo. I never watch it.

Besides, those of you who have already given up seem to be the ones moaning for the most part which makes even less sense as you seemingly already know you won't have to put up with it next season. Well, good on you.

You don't have to watch MOTD. Plenty of other ways of watching highlights out there, including our very own YT channel.

Edited by BobLoz3
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BobLoz3 said:

Oh and on the MOTD coverage thing.

I really couldn't care less what a bunch of overpaid, former footballers who are well past their glory days think about us or our team. It's totally inconsequential imo. I never watch it.

Besides, those of you who have already given up seem to be the ones moaning for the most part which makes even less sense as you seemingly already know you won't have to put up with it next season. Well, good on you.

You don't have to watch MOTD. Plenty of other ways of watching highlights out there, including our very own YT channel.

3 days later.

When you've been to the game and esecially at St James, you cant always tell what happened.  God forbid the late night highlight show, would show, you know, the highlights. 

On 02/02/2020 at 10:41, JF said:

I’m not at all confused. I’m just pointing out the financial implications. When the PL was formed how many clubs were running the level of debt that they are now?? There’s clubs in league 1 that are 100s of millions in debt, Championship clubs 100s of millions in debt with the hope of getting to the top flight and a big pay day. A European league takes the money out of the PL but all that debt remains, with no form of income any where near big enough to remotely cover it. We’d be fine, but we’d be playing in a league of a handful of clubs after the rest have fallen out of existence 

100s of million in debt!!! I think you are somewhat misinformed. Ipswich town have one of  the highest league 1 debts at 95.5. Million. Not exactly 100’s of millions!

A European super league will not take money out of the premiership. It will still exist as a UK entity, with promotion and relegation, as will all the other leagues.

38 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

3 days later.

When you've been to the game and esecially at St James, you cant always tell what happened.  God forbid the late night highlight show, would show, you know, the highlights. 

I understand the frustration but am personally not bothered at all whether we get good highlights, decent coverage, nice words from pundits or not. That's my feelings on it but of course get why people would want to see what happened and get a fair representation of it.

I believe you can get Sky Sports highlights pretty much straight after the game but they are also minimal. Used to like the Sky service where they showed extended highlights of all Prem games through the red button. Not sure if they do it anymore?

1 hour ago, City 2nd said:

100s of million in debt!!! I think you are somewhat misinformed. Ipswich town have one of  the highest league 1 debts at 95.5. Million. Not exactly 100’s of millions!

A European super league will not take money out of the premiership. It will still exist as a UK entity, with promotion and relegation, as will all the other leagues.

I believe Sunderland are over £160 million in debt

And of cause a European super league would take money out of the PL. The money in the PL is paid for the global and English audience to watch the likes of Liverpool, City, United ect. A league without those names would command no where near the same interest. The TV company’s money would be repositioned to the new super league where the big names and commercial interest is 

Edited by JF

7 hours ago, paul moy said:

It's still a plain fact that VAR has disallowed a lot of goals that in previous seasons would have stood. People that deny this are deluded.

Riiight, but if they would incorrectly have stood last season, and have been correctly disallowed this season, why is that a bad thing? Or are you suggesting we shouldn’t bother trying to implement the rules so we get more goals? If so, why don’t just scrap all the rules, literally every rule - free for all, top scorer wins . 

5 hours ago, JF said:

Completely disagree. We were very good that match and received many plaudits.i believe there was a statistic that came out after the match that we had more attempts in Liverpool’s goal than they had faced from any team the entire previous season

And I’d also argue Liverpool weren’t at their best. It’s alright LDC saying we weren’t at our best, but Liverpool hardly bothered coming out in the second half. It could have been 6 or 7 if they wanted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aggy said:

Riiight, but if they would incorrectly have stood last season, and have been correctly disallowed this season, why is that a bad thing? Or are you suggesting we shouldn’t bother trying to implement the rules so we get more goals? If so, why don’t just scrap all the rules, literally every rule - free for all, top scorer wins . 

If you believe every time a player accidentally has a ball ricochet off his arm or hand it is handball, fair enough, we will just have fewer goals.  At least you agree with the new law. I don't.

18 minutes ago, paul moy said:

If you believe every time a player accidentally has a ball ricochet off his arm or hand it is handball, fair enough, we will just have fewer goals.  At least you agree with the new law. I don't.

Hi Paul the handball rule change isn’t VAR. VAR implements the new laws, it doesn’t make the new laws.  

Edited by Aggy