Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

MOTD

10 minutes ago, paul moy said:

I don't agree.  I prefer watching all UK matches and watch very little Champions League etc as my club is not involved.  Many will not watch a Super League  IMO except those that follow those clubs so there will still be a good TV deal for UK leagues.  

It matters little what you prefer. The big money from global tv would go this buhs Europe league and those left behind would be left with the scraps. Much like the football league is now

It won’t happen because the fans of those teams won’t travel abroad every other bloody weekend to see their team play someone else in Europe.

And no TV company will pay that money for empty stadiums. 

• Like 1

Just now, Canary Wundaboy said:

It won’t happen because the fans of those teams won’t travel abroad every other bloody weekend to see their team play someone else in Europe.

>implying that fans of big clubs are from the cities they originate from

4 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’d love us to stay more than just one season in this league. People who hate it are just in denial with their reasoning. We just can’t hack it with the big boys I’m afraid. 

Absolutely this.

Beggars belief people are looking forward to being relegated just to get what better TV coverage? No concern whatsoever that key players might leave, not to mention the manager.

It was a quite dreadful game yesterday between 2 very average sides and frankly if it hadn't had been us I would have switched off. I think if both teams had been playing now it would still had been 0-0. It didn't deserve to be even on MOTD.

We haven't scored a goal in the league in open play since January 1st!!

Football matches aren't better because there's so much money involved. The soap opera around the game is bigger. Messageboards like this one talk more about money than football. On a recent thread we had 2 pages about the price tag with the player never even mentioned.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Absolutely this.

Beggars belief people are looking forward to being relegated just to get what better TV coverage? No concern whatsoever that key players might leave, not to mention the manager.

It was a quite dreadful game yesterday between 2 very average sides and frankly if it hadn't had been us I would have switched off. I think if both teams had been playing now it would still had been 0-0. It didn't deserve to be even on MOTD.

No reactions left. 👍👍👍

5 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I’m not sure about that. If the paying audience is there, they will not give a stuff. Do you think Sky worry about this with the PL?

Edited by Beetley Yellow

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Absolutely this.

The premier league is now specifically setup for less goals and less exciting football. Another reason I can’t wait to leave.

23 minutes ago, JF said:

It matters little what you prefer. The big money from global tv would go this buhs Europe league and those left behind would be left with the scraps. Much like the football league is now

It does as most fans are the pretty much the same as me and only really want to watch their own side playing. They will still want to watch their own team being televised and of course with the so-called big teams gone the remaining leagues will be much more exciting and competitive. Super League games will be repetitive and boring as no promotion and relegation with the same teams all the time. It will be a misjudgement IMO.    

20 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

The premier league is now specifically setup for less goals and less exciting football. Another reason I can’t wait to leave.

So next time (if there is one) we get promoted we should just turn it down should we?

26 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Absolutely this.

We were far better than Newcastle in the entertainment stakes. They were playing for a draw.  The Premier League is not as competitive as the Championship with total domination by Liverpool and Man City, and you get more games. I'd like to stay up of course but quite happy to have another season in the Champs as I'm confident in our organic growth policy to get us up pretty quickly.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

So next time (if there is one) we get promoted we should just turn it down should we?

Stay in the Champs but if we can still have the £170m? Mmm, that’s a tricky one :classic_wacko:

Edited by Beetley Yellow

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Every season will be like this in the Prem but a lot of the fun is in yoyoing rather than just avoiding relegation every season. It's boring.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Where are you getting that from? When you ASSume you make an **** out of U and ME sir.

the current system of promotion and relegation is what it is right now, does that mean I have to be happy about it? Accept being cannon fodder for billionaires? 

my question to you is why would you want to continue to simply exist in a league with no real purpose? Every club in this league that is in this position suffers with an internal identity crisis of “what are we doing here” you just become stoke and “win mid table” every year

...Great...

• Like 1

When Man United played Real Madrid in a pre season game in America they got a crowd of 109,000

One hundred and nine thousand

We as, domestic fans, are not the future. We aren’t a primary concern.

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

When Man United played Real Madrid in a pre season game in America they got a crowd of 109,000

If they are playing eachother multiple times per season the novelty will wear off.

2 minutes ago, paul moy said:

If they are playing eachother multiple times per season the novelty will wear off.

Possibly correct but the combined brands always generate more revenue. It’s like “the avengers” you want all your big brands in one place. It was really a comment on the global appeal of football compared to the domestic fanbase.

Edited by The Real Buh

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Possibly correct but the combined brands always generate more revenue. It’s like “the avengers” you want all your big brands in one place.

The games will be like friendlies and exhibition matches.......   Boring, so many will switch off to watch competitive games..

Just now, paul moy said:

The games will be like friendlies and exhibition matches.......   Boring, so many will switch off to watch competitive games..

That’s where the opportunity exists

like I said before I believe there is an upcoming schism in football. A fundamental split. I could see domestic leagues possibly having different rules (maybe dropping VAR!) and adapting to create a unique brand in relation to the euro league. Just my opinion, it’s what I’d do to remain competitive, offer a different product.

22 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Agreed . The big money comes from TV companies. The fans in the ground are of little consequence. When we  are on sky and the ads are going round The pitch  in Arabic or advertising an Asian beer it isn’t aimed at us . 

56 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Agreed . The big money comes from TV companies. The fans in the ground are of little consequence. When we  are on sky and the ads are going round The pitch  in Arabic or advertising an Asian beer it isn’t aimed at us . 

Arabic airlines, Chinese beer, Japanese cars, South American energy drinks- it can be all of those at the same time- look up virtual advertising. The punters in the stadium are meaningless. Viewing subscriptions and advertising are where it’s at.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

There would also be an outrage from environmentalists with thousands of fans flying every week to watch a game of football.

5 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

There would also be an outrage from environmentalists with thousands of fans flying every week to watch a game of football.

Quite right too. Get Greta Thunberg to give a how dare you speech.

17 hours ago, CDMullins said:

Dreadful coverage.

How much coverage can you expect of a 0-0 draw between two bottom half teams.... when there were so many goals elsewhere yesterday? 23 to be precise. 

8 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

How much coverage can you expect of a 0-0 draw between two bottom half teams.... when there were so many goals elsewhere yesterday? 23 to be precise. 

All relevant chances, tbh.

1 hour ago, CDMullins said:

All relevant chances, tbh.

That would make programming very long some weeks, they've got a limited amount of time to work with.

If West Ham - Brighton is 3-3, and Everton - Watford is 3-2, and Leicester - Chelsea is 2-2, and Liverpool - Southampton is 4-0.

How much coverage of a 0-0 draw can we expect? 

Also, why do you want the nation to see that we fluffed all of our chances and couldn't score in a brothel? Is that a source of pride? 

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

That would make programming very long some weeks, they've got a limited amount of time to work with.

If West Ham - Brighton is 3-3, and Everton - Watford is 3-2, and Leicester - Chelsea is 2-2, and Liverpool - Southampton is 4-0.

Also, why do you want the nation to see that we fluffed all of our chances and couldn't score in a brothel? Is that a source of pride? 

What if the Liverpool/Man City 0-0 has five men sent off, three goals disallowed, four contentious VAR reviews?

21 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

It's a source of pride that we don't go looking for draws and aim to attack throughout every game.  Long may that continue.

4 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Last season there were more goals in the PL than in any previous season since the league was reduced to 20 teams.