Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

MOTD

5 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

It’s not about us, it’s about the big clubs. They enter the euro league and we remain in a domestic league. The debt won’t go away but it didn’t when the premier league was formed. There is too much potential money available for a European super league. The top league isn’t for domestic fans it’s for the worldwide TV audience. You seem to be confused and think that the people that run football remotely care about our fortunes.

I’m not at all confused. I’m just pointing out the financial implications. When the PL was formed how many clubs were running the level of debt that they are now?? There’s clubs in league 1 that are 100s of millions in debt, Championship clubs 100s of millions in debt with the hope of getting to the top flight and a big pay day. A European league takes the money out of the PL but all that debt remains, with no form of income any where near big enough to remotely cover it. We’d be fine, but we’d be playing in a league of a handful of clubs after the rest have fallen out of existence 

9 minutes ago, JF said:

I’m not at all confused. I’m just pointing out the financial implications. When the PL was formed how many clubs were running the level of debt that they are now?? There’s clubs in league 1 that are 100s of millions in debt, Championship clubs 100s of millions in debt with the hope of getting to the top flight and a big pay day. A European league takes the money out of the PL but all that debt remains, with no form of income any where near big enough to remotely cover it. We’d be fine, but we’d be playing in a league of a handful of clubs after the rest have fallen out of existence 

Who’s fault is it that they are in that debt? Is it the leagues responsibility to bail them out? These are all questions that would need to be answered before a league was formed but it doesn’t alter the fact the financial premise for it creeps closer every year. The premier league is turning into the Scottish league. The TV fans are getting restless, they want that European super league. Supply and demand. We don’t matter.

9 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Who’s fault is it that they are in that debt? Is it the leagues responsibility to bail them out? These are all questions that would need to be answered before a league was formed but it doesn’t alter the fact the financial premise for it creeps closer every year. The premier league is turning into the Scottish league. The TV fans are getting restless, they want that European super league. Supply and demand. We don’t matter.

I agree. I’m merely pointing out that the European league that you said you couldn’t wait to happen will pretty much destroy domestic football. There’s no point having a financially well run club if we have no one left to play. Personally, even though the top clubs would want it I can’t see it happening. Who from our league would you include? Say a maximum of 3 teams allowed in. And i presume any league would be a closed shop so no relegation and promotion 

Edited by JF

10 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Nil nil draw, we’re 7 points adrift, nothing they can say about this game that doesn’t apply to 60% of our other games this season. Why give us the coverage? 

Couldn’t you make a similar argument about Liverpool?

Just now, JF said:

I agree. I’m merely pointing out that the European league that you said you couldn’t wait to happen will pretty much destroy domestic football. There’s no point having a financially well run club if we have no one left to play. Personally, even though the top clubs would want it I can’t see it happening. Who from our league would you include? Say a maximum of 3 teams allowed in

I think it’s start small and get larger. Maybe the top 4 from the big nations form an initial league. I think there’s maybe be 1 promotion/relegation position but what they want is a closed league with safe control. They don’t want us and frankly I don’t want them. They can take their sky sports viewers and do one.

• Like 1

Just now, The Real Buh said:

I think it’s start small and get larger. Maybe the top 4 from the big nations form an initial league. I think there’s maybe be 1 promotion/relegation position but what they want is a closed league with safe control. They don’t want us and frankly I don’t want them. They can take their sky sports viewers and do one.

It’s an idealistic view I’m afraid, you say you don’t want them but realistically without them we likely cease to exist. Take the top 4 out of the PL into this super league, and I’ve no idea who you would now call the top 4? But say only one of Chelsea or Manchester United make the top 4, that’s the other one ****ed as their billionaire owners lose interest and they are into hundreds of millions of debt. That’s them gone to the wall. There would also be no relegation or promotion as the founding clubs wouldn’t risk losing their place

Just now, JF said:

It’s an idealistic view I’m afraid, you say you don’t want them but realistically without them we likely cease to exist. Take the top 4 out of the PL into this super league, and I’ve no idea who you would now call the top 4? But say only one of Chelsea or Manchester United make the top 4, that’s the other one ****ed as their billionaire owners lose interest and they are into hundreds of millions of debt. That’s them gone to the wall. There would also be no relegation or promotion as the founding clubs wouldn’t risk losing their place

If the existence of our football club is dependant on the charity of, frankly, owners that are very rich international criminals, then I’m not interested in football anymore. Norwich City is a community. You honestly believe money would stop that? Look at Wimbledon. The heart of the club survives. We play who we play. Football to me isn’t who we play it’s about those moments when you see a player wearing that shirt giving everything. It’s about community. 

it’s not football anymore. Norwich and other clubs need to go and find our own niche in the game. We can’t compete. I believe there is a fundamental schism in football that will arrive soon. The big clubs are known and established and the rest of us do not count in the eyes of the people that are running again. Look at Bury. They went out of existence and the football bosses did not even flinch. They don’t care. When the money is right they will drop us like a bad habit.

10 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

If the existence of our football club is dependant on the charity of, frankly, owners that are very rich international criminals, then I’m not interested in football anymore. Norwich City is a community. You honestly believe money would stop that? Look at Wimbledon. The heart of the club survives. We play who we play. Football to me isn’t who we play it’s about those moments when you see a player wearing that shirt giving everything. It’s about community. 

it’s not football anymore. Norwich and other clubs need to go and find our own niche in the game. We can’t compete. I believe there is a fundamental schism in football that will arrive soon. The big clubs are known and established and the rest of us do not count in the eyes of the people that are running again. Look at Bury. They went out of existence and the football bosses did not even flinch. They don’t care. When the money is right they will drop us like a bad habit.

So you’d be happy if our club continues its days playing the very few teams that would survive the transition? Those teams highly likely to be some lower league but not debt ridden clubs and the likes of Burnley, who like us are well run. Maybe enough teams survive to form two small leagues of about 14 teams in each, maybe they don’t. Crowds would diminish as would any commercial interest in such a league. The death of domestic football

Edited by JF

2 minutes ago, JF said:

So you’d be happy if our club continues its days playing the very few teams that would survive the transition? Those teams highly likely to be some lower league but not debt ridden clubs and the likes of Burnley, who like us are well run. Maybe enough teams survive to form two small leagues of about 14 teams in each, maybe they don’t. Crowds would diminish as would any interest in such a league. The death of domestic football

Domestic football is already dying. The game is totally rigged. You’d be happy getting tanked every week by criminal billionaire backed brands clubs? Watching football at the top level is like a mirror world 1984 hellscape of what football should be. It’s a joke. The chant “it’s not football anymore” isn’t just about VAR. footballs “Brexit moment” is coming and decisions will have to be made. You don’t know how many clubs would survive or die btw, it’s pure guesswork, I suspect only a few extremely financially mismanaged clubs would suffer, the majority would adapt and survive in whatever form a new league took.

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Domestic football is already dying. The game is totally rigged. You’d be happy getting tanked every week by criminal billionaire backed brands clubs? Watching football at the top level is like a mirror world 1984 hellscape of what football should be. It’s a joke. The chant “it’s not football anymore” isn’t just about VAR. footballs “Brexit moment” is coming and decisions will have to be made. You don’t know how many clubs would survive or die btw, it’s pure guesswork, I suspect only a few extremely financially mismanaged clubs would suffer, the majority would adapt and survive in whatever form a new league took.

I suggest you look at the level of debt that clubs in all leagues are running at. If we hadn’t been promoted this season and this European league you want to happen did, we wouldn’t have survived the transition and we would go the the wall. ‘Only a few financially mis managed clubs’ most of the championship teams are running in 10s of millions of debt and the majority of the PL more. Ipswich is what? 90 odd million? Sunderland over 100? 

1 minute ago, JF said:

I suggest you look at the level of debt that clubs in all leagues are running at. If we hadn’t been promoted this season and this European league you want to happen did, we wouldn’t have survived the transition and we would go the the wall. ‘Only a few financially mis managed clubs’ most of the championship teams are running in 10s of millions of debt and the majority of the PL more. Ipswich is what? 90 odd million? Sunderland over 100? 

Lol! The European league won’t just happen. It won’t just drop out of the sky one year. It will take a good while to negotiate the money but it’s the only way football can continue to compete on a worldwide scale. The big clubs in this country are already negotiating the groundwork for this. We are going to have to adapt or we won’t survive. If you just choose to carry on even with the knowledge things are changing in football can you moan that it’s going to hurt you? It’s evolution. I won’t cling to 6 teams in this country basically supporting the rest of us. I won’t cling to them like a beaten housewife. The move is INEVITABLE. The idea that we will plod along with our own domestic leagues with all that potential money of the table from a potential European super league is just pure ignorance.Its only a question of when it happens.

it won’t be tomorrow, but it will be soon. 

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Lol! The European league won’t just happen. It won’t just drop out of the sky one year. It will take a good while to negotiate the money but it’s the only way football can continue to compete on a worldwide scale. The big clubs in this country are already negotiating the groundwork for this. We are going to have to adapt or we won’t survive. If you just choose to carry on even with the knowledge things are changing in football can you moan that it’s going to hurt you? It’s evolution. I won’t cling to 6 teams in this country basically supporting the rest of us. I won’t cling to them like a beaten housewife. The move is INEVITABLE. The idea that we will plod along with our own domestic leagues with all that potential money of the table from a potential European super league is just pure ignorance.Its only a question of when it happens.

it won’t be tomorrow, but it will be soon. 

Ok. Last time I’m going to ask you. How will clubs adapt when they are running at debt levels in the 10s and 100s of millions? You can’t just click your fingers and snap that away! There will be no adapting, only many, many clubs going to the wall. Basically what you want to happen by wanting this league is the end of many clubs existence. Championship clubs are running at a combined debt of well over £1 billion. Good luck adapting to that after the money has left the game. 

Just now, JF said:

Ok. Last time I’m going to ask you. How will clubs adapt when they are running at debt levels in the 10s and 100s of millions? You can’t just click your fingers and snap that away! There will be no adapting, only many, many clubs going to the wall. Basically what you want to happen by wanting this league is the end of many clubs existence. Championship clubs are running at a combined debt of well over £1 billion. Good luck adapting to that after the money has left the game. 

It’s up to the clubs how they adapt. Norwich are looking to create more of our own players to financially adapt. You seem to think the people running the game care about us. They will see those 000’s and cast us off. To survive the remaining clubs need a new model. I think we’ll have a rugby union/league scenario. 

and, again, the league won’t happen overnight. Clubs will adapt over the long term.

if ipswich go out of existence by the way I’ll be in the pub for a month celebrating.

6 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

It’s up to the clubs how they adapt. Norwich are looking to create more of our own players to financially adapt. You seem to think the people running the game care about us. They will see those 000’s and cast us off. To survive the remaining clubs need a new model. I think we’ll have a rugby union/league scenario. 

and, again, the league won’t happen overnight. Clubs will adapt over the long term.

if ipswich go out of existence by the way I’ll be in the pub for a month celebrating.

No I don’t think anyone in the game cares about us. As I’ve stated all I’ve done is highlight the implications of what you want to happen. And what you want to happen is to wipe the majority of clubs out of existence 

34 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Liverpool scored 4 goals.

I said similar, not identical. You said “7 points adrift, nothing they can say about this game that doesn’t apply to 60% of our other games this seasonWhy give us the coverage? “. Liverpool are 22 points clear and are playing consistently with the same result each game.

Just now, Nuff Said said:

I said similar, not identical. You said “7 points adrift, nothing they can say about this game that doesn’t apply to 60% of our other games this seasonWhy give us the coverage? “. Liverpool are 22 points clear and are playing consistently with the same result each game.

You’re just being petty about this. There’s naturally going to be more people interested and more to say about a team that is the current European and World champions, that played a competitive game against a side in good form and scored 4 goals, than a game in which 2 poor sides played out a nil nil draw. 

I cannot disagree with the MOTD time provisioning or match order whatsoever. Maybe we wouldn’t be last on if we actually put the ball in the net from open play once in a while?

If 4 clubs departed for a European Super-League, would the Norwich 'model' become consolidation as a "top-22" club, thereby never spending more than one season in the second tier again?!!!😜

• Like 1

Leicester’s ‘under the radar’ title win a couple of seasons ago has done the PL a massive favour domestically,. The ‘impossible’ was seemingly possible and some degree of interest was maintained. Without it we would have had a continual situation where only one of 2 maybe 3 clubs could have won the league. Currently, realistically that is now only 2- Liverpool / Man City. Man U and the big London clubs are in transition and but will spend countless millions buying up the talent of any ‘wannabe’ clubs destroying what chance they have to break through (...Leicester are only just recovering from this happening). The only interest is which of them is going to win it- the days of a Nottingham Forest, or Everton (or us in 92/93) assembling a title winning squad are gone, they’d simply be disassembled by the ‘big’ clubs before they got anywhere near.

EFL show is worse than motd ( not that I like motd) how boring is Dean Ashton can’t wait to hear his comments about his former club

6 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Usual stale rubbish from motd. Shearer - yet again and for the umpteenth time  - given several minutes to tell everyone how rubbish his team is and all we get is about 5 secs of "Norwich had a couple of chances". Not good journalism at all, not good presenting, not good punditry and a waste of a huge amount of licence payers' money using has been ex pros to deliver a second rate product. Get in a new presenter and some different pundits and we might have a decent highlights programme. 

Nobody expects good journalism from the BBC. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Why

bother

to

show

ambition

and

get 

promoted

then?

It's fun being a yoyo team.   We will be up again very soon.

1 hour ago, JF said:

No I don’t think anyone in the game cares about us. As I’ve stated all I’ve done is highlight the implications of what you want to happen. And what you want to happen is to wipe the majority of clubs out of existence 

Your hypothesis is pure guesswork. You simply don’t know if this would happen or not. I will admit there are certain teams I wouldnt she’s a year over but the fact is the majority would survive it would just be different. The European super league is being discussed and is a very real thing.

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Your hypothesis is pure guesswork. You simply don’t know if this would happen or not. I will admit there are certain teams I wouldnt she’s a year over but the fact is the majority would survive it would just be different. The European super league is being discussed and is a very real thing.

There is no guesswork. The finances of clubs, especially in the championship has been widely reported, 2017/18 season alone Championship clubs ran up combined losses of over £307 million. It stands obvious that if a European super league were to happen then any future Tv deals for whatever the domestic game became would be tiny in comparison to now. How other way does it end for a club that’s £50 million in debt and doesn’t have the finances coming in to pay the bills. Maybe they could all consolidate their bills into one affordable monthly payment!? 

4 minutes ago, JF said:

There is no guesswork. The finances of clubs, especially in the championship has been widely reported, 2017/18 season alone Championship clubs ran up combined losses of over £307 million. It stands obvious that if a European super league were to happen then any future Tv deals for whatever the domestic game became would be tiny in comparison to now. How other way does it end for a club that’s £50 million in debt and doesn’t have the finances coming in to pay the bills. Maybe they could all consolidate their bills into one affordable monthly payment!? 

You don’t know the subsequent TV deal. You are guessing.

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

You don’t know the subsequent TV deal. You are guessing.

Yes because a league where highlights include such gems as Burnley vs Crystal Palace and Brighton vs Bournemouth would command the billions it currently gets from the global market...

14 minutes ago, JF said:

I don't agree.  I prefer watching all UK matches and watch very little Champions League etc as my club is not involved.  Many will not watch a Super League  IMO except those that follow those clubs so there will still be a good TV deal for UK leagues.  

15 minutes ago, JF said:

Yes because a league where highlights include such gems as Burnley vs Crystal Palace and Brighton vs Bournemouth would command the billions it currently gets from the global market...

So we only exist to serve our big club masters? Living off charity? Is this a noble existence for “lesser” teams? Seems like servitude to me.

f*** the TV money