CDMullins

MOTD

Dreadful coverage.

Completely missed out;

Pukki's 1 on 1. 

Cantwells potential Pen. 

Kenny's near post header. 

Hernandez chance in last second. 

Somehow managed to make them. Look the better side, unbelievable. 

No, even on motd we were the better side. 2 points dropped I'm afraid 😳

Nil nil draw, we’re 7 points adrift, nothing they can say about this game that doesn’t apply to 60% of our other games this season. Why give us the coverage? 

• Like 2

Usual stale rubbish from motd. Shearer - yet again and for the umpteenth time  - given several minutes to tell everyone how rubbish his team is and all we get is about 5 secs of "Norwich had a couple of chances". Not good journalism at all, not good presenting, not good punditry and a waste of a huge amount of licence payers' money using has been ex pros to deliver a second rate product. Get in a new presenter and some different pundits and we might have a decent highlights programme. 

It was a 0 0 draw! So was the Man Utd match!  Rightly both matches were near the end of the program as every other match had something to show and analyze, including the now famous incompetence of referee Simon Hooper!

What is there to say about Pukki and a “one on one” other than he should have scored, Cantwell’s potential penalty, McCleans header and Hernandez late chance.

Absolutely nothing, it was a 0 0 draw!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Why

bother

to

show

ambition

and

get 

promoted

then?

Gotta do something?

I just hate the league. I hate how uncompetitive it is. I hate that the only way to compete is with dubious external backing and I hate the plastic fans it draws.

I’m begging for a European super league to be formed. It’s the only thing that will save domestic football.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

It was a 0 0 draw! So was the Man Utd match!  Rightly both matches were near the end of the program as every other match had something to show and analyze, including the now famous incompetence of referee Simon Hooper!

What is there to say about Pukki and a “one on one” other than he should have scored, Cantwell’s potential penalty, McCleans header and Hernandez late chance.

Absolutely nothing, it was a 0 0 draw!

Im honestly not bothered where we are in the line up, nor do I want them to say anything about the chances but I do want to bloody see them. 

Although the vantage point at St James is fantastic it's hard to see the nitty gritty, Cantwells penalty for instance looked stonewall. 

The inconsistency is also rediculous, why show Pukki's left foot half volley that was probably going over anyway and not show him racing clear 1 on 1 with the keeper. 

Just now, CDMullins said:

Im honestly not bothered where we are in the line up, nor do I want them to say anything about the chances but I do want to bloody see them. 

Although the vantage point at St James is fantastic it's hard to see the nitty gritty, Cantwells penalty for instance looked stonewall. 

The inconsistency is also rediculous, why show Pukki's left foot half volley that was probably going over anyway and not show him racing clear 1 on 1 with the keeper. 

Cantwell was going down before the contact 

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Shearer - yet again and for the umpteenth time  - given several minutes to tell everyone how rubbish his team is and all we get is about 5 secs of "Norwich had a couple of chances".

Thought his summary pretty much nailed it.

MOTD has completely gone down the pan since they want to lock us old fogies up over the TV License 

When they get rid of the licence fee the BBC won’t be able to afford to do highlights of the Anglia combination let alone the premier league.

Love seeing us on MOTD. Generally fills me with pride, that and full well knowing that other teams supporters are looking at us green with envy.

It was a 0-0 and we are bottom, so last on the schedule is probably right.

Whilst those three may not be everyone's cup of tea (personally I'd prefer Jemain Jenas and Danny Murphy) they do not have an agenda against us.

I hope we are on MOTD next season! 

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

Gotta do something?

I just hate the league. I hate how uncompetitive it is. I hate that the only way to compete is with dubious external backing and I hate the plastic fans it draws.

I’m begging for a European super league to be formed. It’s the only thing that will save domestic football.

Or destroy domestic football as the money instantly drops out of the game at all levels

4 minutes ago, JF said:

Or destroy domestic football as the money instantly drops out of the game at all levels

The premier league has been around for a while now and the rest of the domestic leagues are fine. 

The European super league is inevitable, there’s too much money to be made.

Clubs like us are an inconvenience 

6 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

The premier league has been around for a while now and the rest of the domestic leagues are fine. 

The European super league is inevitable, there’s too much money to be made.

Clubs like us are an inconvenience 

Because there is still the money there for the other clubs. If a European league were formed do you honestly think  that the rest of the domestic game would attract such lucrative tv deals and sponsorship? Many, many clubs would go to the wall

Edited by JF

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

Gotta do something?

I like any league we're in, including the Prem. It's more competitive than most other European leagues and it does occasionally throw up the odd interesting story, like Leicester. 

And Sheffield Utd fans are having a whale of a time, atm. 

8 minutes ago, JF said:

Because there is still the money there for the other clubs. If a European league were formed do you honestly think  that the rest of the domestic game would attract such lucrative tv deals and sponsorship? Many, many clubs would go to the wall

The premier league has to trickle down money to the lower leagues and I assume any European league negotiations would include this. Remember we would still serve a purpose creating new players.

I don’t want to be a feeder club but the reality is there. The worldwide TV audience wants to see Manchester United play Barcelona every week. 

3 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

I like any league we're in, including the Prem. It's more competitive than most other European leagues and it does occasionally throw up the odd interesting story, like Leicester. 

And Sheffield Utd fans are having a whale of a time, atm. 

Sheffield United have done well but pointing out the exceptions to the rule (btw they are big money backed as well) doesn’t alter the fact that this league is designed for us to be cannon fodder for billionaires. It leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. There is no justice in this league for us. VAR is a cherry on top of the s&£; sandwich as well.

I’d love us to stay more than just one season in this league. People who hate it are just in denial with their reasoning. We just can’t hack it with the big boys I’m afraid. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

The premier league has to trickle down money to the lower leagues and I assume any European league negotiations would include this. Remember we would still serve a purpose creating new players.

I don’t want to be a feeder club but the reality is there. The worldwide TV audience wants to see Manchester United play Barcelona every week. 

But a ‘trickle’ of money won’t pay the players contracts, it won’t satisfy the club’s creditors that are millions and millions in debt. The current premier league would get a tv deal and sponsorship not a lot better than what the championship gets, the championships next deal even less and so on. A European super league where the top clubs leave the domestic game would destroy football as we know it

5 minutes ago, JF said:

But a ‘trickle’ of money won’t pay the players contracts, it won’t satisfy the club’s creditors that are millions and millions in debt. The current premier league would get a tv deal and sponsorship not a lot better than what the championship gets, the championships next deal even less and so on. A European super league where the top clubs leave the domestic game would destroy football as we know it

It didn’t stop them creating the premier league. Financial goalposts will move and clubs will move their financial situations accordingly. It won’t affect us as much because we aren’t exposed like other clubs, yes, but I’d imagine there’s be time to adjust etc.

these are all things that would be sorted out. Other countries would want to protect their lower domestic leagues as well

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

It didn’t stop them creating the premier league. Financial goalposts will move and clubs will move their financial situations accordingly. It won’t affect us as much because we aren’t exposed like other clubs, yes, but I’d imagine there’s be time to adjust etc.

these are all things that would be sorted out. Other countries would want to protect their lower domestic leagues as well

How would they be sorted out?? Players will still be legally entitled to their current contracts, clubs that are 100s of millions in debt won’t suddenly by manic have their debt wiped away. The only way your ideal league works if all contracts are ripped up and all clubs debt is wiped clean, that’s impossible 

1 minute ago, JF said:

How would they be sorted out?? Players will still be legally entitled to their current contracts, clubs that are 100s of millions in debt won’t suddenly by manic have their debt wiped away. The only way your ideal league works if all contracts are ripped up and all clubs debt is wiped clean, that’s impossible 

It’s not about us, it’s about the big clubs. They enter the euro league and we remain in a domestic league. The debt won’t go away but it didn’t when the premier league was formed. There is too much potential money available for a European super league. The top league isn’t for domestic fans it’s for the worldwide TV audience. You seem to be confused and think that the people that run football remotely care about our fortunes.