Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Genuinely hate to say it

12 minutes ago, Chumino said:

We do have creativity, just not the goals to go with it this season. 

I posted a link to the premier league.com stats page on another thread earlier. We were 17th in the table for “big chances created”. Only three teams have created fewer chances than us. When you add that to a leaky defence, it doesn’t bode well...

2 hours ago, Chumino said:

This. We didn't concede. With another quality cdm next to him we would have been ok in that area this season. 

We struggle to score goals as it is, so playing with two defensive midfielders really wouldn't have helped us this season.

We just didn't have enough quality in this squad.

7 hours ago, Ray said:

Thompson is fast becoming a mainstay at MK Don's

He's started 2 games :classic_laugh:

We need to spend money on a defensive midfielder, as simple as that. 

Unless this French kid is ready. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

9 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

If MK Dons want him, they can have him. Thompson or Tettey aren't the future. Tettey is too old and Thompson crumbles like a biscuit.

Alex has done a fantastic job for us and arguably has played better this season in the Premier than he did in the Chump. I wouldn't be against giving him another year tbh but we will need a good solid dependable first choice. Trybull will look very good again in the Chump when the pace is a little slower and he's not up against brick shoithouses.

It seems DF doesn't want to play Godfrey as a holding midfielder. I don't know why but maybe he has his reasons. He played there for York and Shrewsbury so is used to the position. Hopefully with Klose, Zimmerman and Hanley and maybe Famewo, we should🙏 have enough at CB.

I imagine Alex will not be part of the squad next season and we will further revert to a younger, mobile pair of holding players.

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

That's why I said, "fast becoming". He has a lot about him and assuming he remains fit until the end of the season he could/may be a choice for next season.

48 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

It seems DF doesn't want to play Godfrey as a holding midfielder. I don't know why but maybe he has his reasons. He played there for York and Shrewsbury so is used to the position. Hopefully with Klose, Zimmerman and Hanley and maybe Famewo, we should🙏 have enough at CB.

I imagine Alex will not be part of the squad next season and we will further revert to a younger, mobile pair of holding players.

In his interview Godfrey said that playing as a holding DM in the PL was a whole different ball game (sic) to playing that position in the lower leagues. He seemed to agree that his future at the top level was at CD.

In his interview Godfrey said that playing as a holding DM in the PL was a whole different ball game (sic) to playing that position in the lower leagues. He seemed to agree that his future at the top level was at CD.

Well he should know but I do have reservations about him being a CB at the top level. Maybe if he was in a better team, I don't know.

Thompson has always had the ability,  but has been so unlucky that he has yet to be in a position to put half a season together with us.   If fit he is probably champs standard,  potentially prem but unlikely in what I have seen,  so it is no surprise he is doing well in a low quality league one.

Talking of recovering from injury loanees, it is good to see Jaiyesimi finally recover form from his serious injury last season;  started well with Yeovil before and now 2 goals, 1 assist and 2 MOTM performances in the last 3 for Swindon.  

On 01/02/2020 at 22:57, TeemuVanBasten said:

And I'm truly amazed what we've managed to squeeze out of him under Farke.

And people have been prematurely been writing him off every year for the past 4 years.

But I do think it is finally time we say our thanks and let Tettey go at the end of this season. 

Unless he was carrying an injury today he really did look like an old man out there on that pitch, wouldn't look out of place playing alongside all the Sky pundits in a charity game against YouTubers. 

I think a lot of us have been guilty of doing the same thing recently which is looking at Tettey with a bit of bias, because he's so likeable, he's just not good enough anymore. He hasn't got the legs, he's slowed massively, his fitness and stamina used to mask his limited ability but he's just no longer got 'it'. 

Defensive midfielder one of the areas of the pitch where we just don't have the required quality. 

Would appear that those that run the club disagree. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Would appear that those that run the club disagree. 😀

We'll see how many games he plays, should imagine this is partly about mentoring. I hope the French kid breaks through. 

Glad it's one year.