Sign in to follow this  
Pockthorpe

So what do we do now ?

Give up ?  F*** off ! 

Dust ourselves down , don’t feel sorry for ourselves , and go again . Nothing happy clappy , nothing miserabilist  , just go again . 

Last two league games I’ve seen us create enough chances to beat Spurs and today totally dominate Newcastle .  Nothing clever or big changes needed , the pieces are in place as far as I’m concerned, it’s just not clicking . That’s how football is sometimes. It just doesn’t click ..... and for whatever reason , then bang , it does . Frustrates the f*** out of me as I know it does out of you ! 
Away support excellent as always . Let’s glory in that ! 
Right , sermon over , night out in Newcastle now . Pints 🍻 needed . We have a small matter of Ipswich 1 Posh 4 to celebrate !!

Edited by Pockthorpe
  • Like 2

Just watch it and don’t take it too seriously. The club is not an extension of yourself as some might feel. It’s an interest. I want the club to do wel but I want to be competitive and the premier league is a horrendous. I don’t even classify it as real football at this point

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Just watch it and don’t take it too seriously. The club is not an extension of yourself as some might feel. It’s an interest. I want the club to do wel but I want to be competitive and the premier league is a horrendous. I don’t even classify it as real football at this point

Where do you think the best football is played? 

7 minutes ago, Pockthorpe said:

Give up , f*** off .

Dust ourselves down , don’t feel sorry for ourselves , and go again . Nothing happy clappy , nothing miserabilist  , just go again . 

Last two league games I’ve seen us create enough chances to beat Spurs and today totally dominate Newcastle .  Nothing clever or big changes needed , the pieces are in place as far as I’m concerned, it’s just not clicking . That’s how football is sometimes. It just doesn’t click ..... and for whatever reason , then bang , it does . Frustrates the f*** out of me as I know it does out of you ! 
Away support excellent as always . Let’s glory in that ! 
Right , sermon over , night out in Newcastle now . Pints 🍻 needed . 

Enjoy mate! I love a night out in the Toon. We went up for the European rugby finals last May. Really good vibe around the Stack on Pilgrim Street, loads of alfresco bars and street food.

• Like 1

Our own only hope is that we've mentally reached the point of no return.

Collectively p[layers & management say, sod it, we're down, there's nothing to lose, so let's just 

GO FOR IT!!!

PLAY WITHOUT FEAR!!

We did a bit of it against Burnley

Start with a totally attacking team. Lewis replacing Byram (who has done nothing wrong)

Vrancic &, I dunno, perhaps keep Tettey as a wee bit of insurance - but tell him to shoot on sight! In fact tell everyone to shoot on sight! We're well overdue a lucky deflection/handball.

Emi, Duda, Todd, Onel, Pukki, Drmic & ROTATE AS NECESSARY!!

Bring on players like Rupp & Kenny when we're 5-0 up.

And when we're 5-0 up ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK!

Sorted. What could possibly go wrong??  :classic_laugh:

• Like 2

Think ita got to be sh!t or bust from here on in....we're down as it stands, single points from game will soon no longer be good enough (if not already)....pro active substitutions , not bringing hernandez/vrancic on with 5 mins left like today....and entertaining the possibility of throwing Drmic up with Pukki if need be

Try some poetry

The sand of the desert is sodden red, -
Red with the wreck of a square that broke; -
The Gatling's jammed and the colonel dead,
And the regiment blind with dust and smoke.
The river of death has brimmed his banks,
And England's far, and Honour a name,
But the voice of schoolboy rallies the ranks,
"Play up! play up! and play the game!"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Molly Windley said:

Try some poetry

The sand of the desert is sodden red, -
Red with the wreck of a square that broke; -
The Gatling's jammed and the colonel dead,
And the regiment blind with dust and smoke.
The river of death has brimmed his banks,
And England's far, and Honour a name,
But the voice of schoolboy rallies the ranks,
"Play up! play up! and play the game!"

Molly , that’s absolutely bloody marvellous !! May I be the schoolboy tonight ! Sounds a bit dodgy , but who cares .  Don’t tell the others , but I love poetry . Have a couple of books bedside on the go at the moment . Sir Henry Newbolt folks . 

• Like 1