Sign in to follow this  
pete

Making sure Jamal to be here next season

Farke ensuring no one likely to poach Jamal Lewis by simply not playing him.  If not good enough for the team at the bottom of the league unlikely to be any interest.  Any transfer fee being reduced each week.  A great way to really pee off one of your most promising players.  Byram playing well but is the better player.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, pete said:

Farke ensuring no one likely to poach Jamal Lewis by simply not playing him.  If not good enough for the team at the bottom of the league unlikely to be any interest.  Any transfer fee being reduced each week.  A great way to really pee off one of your most promising players.  Byram playing well but is the better player.

Jamal will be gone prior to the 20/21 season starting. And Aaron's will go too. Anyone who thinks Farke is not playing Lewis to keep him out of view simply has NO idea how Farke works!

I’d have thought it increases the chances of him trying to engineer a move if anything - I don’t necessarily think he’s the type who would do that just for money, but he looked pretty good in the first part of the season, I’m sure he wouldn’t want to be bench warming in the championship.

12 hours ago, Aggy said:

I’d have thought it increases the chances of him trying to engineer a move if anything - I don’t necessarily think he’s the type who would do that just for money, but he looked pretty good in the first part of the season, I’m sure he wouldn’t want to be bench warming in the championship.

Agree there, he will not want to be in the championship after experiencing the premiership this season and becoming a full international. 

Undountedly the same same can be said for Aaron’s, Godfrey, Buendia and Hernandez. Although not full internationals they are premiership quality players imo, and their agents will seek moves quickly if city are relegated I fear. Unfortunately money talks at this level, and we cannot afford it!

1 hour ago, City 2nd said:

Agree there, he will not want to be in the championship after experiencing the premiership this season and becoming a full international. 

Undountedly the same same can be said for Aaron’s, Godfrey, Buendia and Hernandez. Although not full internationals they are premiership quality players imo, and their agents will seek moves quickly if city are relegated I fear. Unfortunately money talks at this level, and we cannot afford it!

I think we’ll either see none of them go or a few. We had great team spirit last season, and if we can convince the, that they’re all still young and will benefit from a further season in the championship, and that we’ll be going straight back up, they might stay.

Buendia is the biggest worry to me out of those - his stats show he’s worth pretty much anyone in the division getting him in - could be a big player for a bottom half side or a decent squad player for even a top side. He’s also looked a bit frustrated at times this year. 

Edited by Aggy